ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if your significant other came out as Transgender?

You mean the WW2 vet who worked all his life and cared for his wife until death? Sure beats the hell out of your role model, Meathead, who abandoned his wife and son to run off with one of his students to a commune.
Why am I not surprised that you didn't understand the point of the show at all?
Yes, the old bigot, he was the butt of the joke, not the hero.

“I don’t know how many Americans are as short-sighted as Archie. He’s an ignorant man. He’s popular on TV, because viewers enjoy watching him, but I don’t think many of them would have him for a friend or feel they share his traits. Remember, Archie is a victim, too. He’s a victim of his own background and education. His thinking was shaped at an early age when he was inculcated with bigotry. He got it from his parents.

“I’m not making Archie lovable,” he added. “I’m making him a human being. And there’s always an element of love in a human being.”

I'm guessing the bolded part applies to you as well.

Why am I not surprised that you didn't understand the point of the show at all?
Yes, the old bigot, he was the butt of the joke, not the hero.

“I don’t know how many Americans are as short-sighted as Archie. He’s an ignorant man. He’s popular on TV, because viewers enjoy watching him, but I don’t think many of them would have him for a friend or feel they share his traits. Remember, Archie is a victim, too. He’s a victim of his own background and education. His thinking was shaped at an early age when he was inculcated with bigotry. He got it from his parents.

“I’m not making Archie lovable,” he added. “I’m making him a human being. And there’s always an element of love in a human being.”

I'm guessing the bolded part applies to you as well.
Archie, and his former neighbor, George Jefferson, were flawed men. But their flaws never hurt anyone. In fact, both were shown to be good and decent men when it really mattered. Unlike Archie’s son-in-law, who betrayed his wife and child.

Archie, and his former neighbor, George Jefferson, were flawed men. But their flaws never hurt anyone. In fact, both were shown to be good and decent men when it really mattered. Unlike Archie’s son-in-law, who betrayed his wife and child.
Again, I am in no way surprised that you think Archie was the hero of the show and think his bigotry was just a 'flaw' that 'didn't hurt anyone'.

Naturally you know more about the character than the person who portrayed him.

Again, I am in no way surprised that you think Archie was the hero of the show and think his bigotry was just a 'flaw' that 'didn't hurt anyone

Naturally you know more about the character than the person who portrayed him.
Carol O’Connor and Norman Lear’s intentions are irrelevant. Doesn’t matter what they intended, only what was communicated to the audience.

Funny how you gave George Jefferson a pass. Oh yeah, I forgot, bLaCk PeOpLe CaN’t Be RaCiSt . 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Carol O’Connor and Norman Lear’s intentions are irrelevant. Doesn’t matter what they intended, only what was communicated to the audience.

Funny how you gave George Jefferson a pass. Oh yeah, I forgot, bLaCk PeOpLe CaN’t Be RaCiSt . 😂😂😂
JFC, right only your opinion matters. If the bigot thinks the other bigot was the hero he must be.
Jefferson was a bigot too, he was not a role model either.
Stick with digging ditches, your opinion on that is probably valid.

JFC, right only your opinion matters. If the bigot thinks the other bigot was the hero he must be.
Jefferson was a bigot too, he was not a role model either.
Stick with digging ditches, your opinion on that is probably valid.
I remember the episode where Archie rejected the KKK and George gave CPR to save a klansman.

But yeah, “Reeeeeeeee!!!! He said “colored”!!!!”

Or “Reeeeeeeee!!!!! He called them “zebras”!!!!”

(sigh) you foolish little soy people.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I remember the episode where Archie rejected the KKK and George gave CPR to save a klansman.

But yeah, “Reeeeeeeee!!!! He said “colored”!!!!”

Or “Reeeeeeeee!!!!! He called them “zebras”!!!!”

(sigh) you foolish little soy people.
JFC dude, the shows were made to illustrate that the ingrained bigotries were wrong and that even bigots could see that if presented with real people and not just the ideas that there were raised with.
The fact that all that flew over your head and the message you got was 'bigots are decent people' surprises absolutely no one who has read your week of shit posts.

JFC dude, the shows were made to illustrate that the ingrained bigotries were wrong and that even bigots could see that if presented with real people and not just the ideas that there were raised with.
The fact that all that flew over your head and the message you got was 'bigots are decent people' surprises absolutely no one who has read your week of shit posts.
Actually, the message, which flew over your head (granted, a low bar), was that at the end of the day, they were both good, but flawed men. But you keep harping on the non substantive stuff if it suits you, skittles.

Actually, the message, which flew over your head (granted, a low bar), was that at the end of the day, they were both good, but flawed men. But you keep harping on the non substantive stuff if it suits you, skittles.
Yeah, I can see why Oklahoma ranks 49th in the United States for education

Yeah, I can see why Oklahoma ranks 49th in the United States for education
I knew you’d eventually resort to “Reeeeeeeee!!!!””-ing, skittles. Have a White Claw and a Ritalin.

PS: I’m sorry I remind you of your parents and grandparents. And I’m sorry you can’t appreciate them.

I knew you’d eventually resort to “Reeeeeeeee!!!!””-ing, skittles. Have a White Claw and a Ritalin.

PS: I’m sorry I remind you of your parents and grandparents. And I’m sorry you can’t appreciate them.
lol, look junior just because you're a bigot like in the old days doesn't make you older or wiser.

Jefferson was an asshole who was forced to do the right thing by people in his life. He's not a hero either.

The fact that you want to pretend that the these people are role models just proves that you're a backward hick.

Now go self medicate with a 24 pack of natty light like you do most nights.

lol, look junior just because you're a bigot like in the old days doesn't make you older or wiser.

Jefferson was an asshole who was forced to do the right thing by people in his life. He's not a hero either.

The fact that you want to pretend that the these people are role models just proves that you're a backward hick.

Now go self medicate with a 24 pack of natty light like you do most nights.
😂😂😂 Yeah, AB and GJ were just a bunch nAzIs, eh?

I sure hope you never watched Southpark or Family Guy, or if you did, I hope you had a paper bag to breathe into afterward. SMH.

😂😂😂 Yeah, AB and GJ were just a bunch nAzIs, eh?

I sure hope you never watched Southpark or Family Guy, or if you did, I hope you had a paper bag to breathe into afterward. SMH.
SouthPark is hilarious. It makes fun of assholes like you who are literally too stupid to understand that.

Reactions: mattymoknows
SouthPark is hilarious. It makes fun of assholes like you who are literally too stupid to understand that.
skeeter talking GIF by South Park

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT