ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to that guy on here who said...

soybean

HR King
Sep 30, 2001
...that nobody would ever remember Aaron White after his career at Iowa was over. He said that in a thread just a couple weeks ago but I can't recall who he was? I was thinking about him today. I hope he is alright.

My first guess would be that said guy is named Hawkeyedude. He, as usually is no where to be seen or heard from when he doesn't have any reason to make stupid comments about any of the players.

Originally posted by Ghost of Santo:
My first guess would be that said guy is named Hawkeyedude. He, as usually is no where to be seen or heard from when he doesn't have any reason to make stupid comments about any of the players.
I'm honestly not sure who said it...but my guess is he's gonna be wrong.

So, nobody remembers the guy who said nobody would remember Aaron White.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DanL53:

smile.r191677.gif
Well, in our defense, it wasn't a very memorable statement.

Originally posted by soybean:

smile.r191677.gif
___________________________________________________________________________________

What statement? Sorry, I'm busy painting a mural of Aaron White on my small town's water tower so we'll never forget him.

smile.r191677.gif
Don't know who said it but if it weren't memorable you wouldn't have started a thread about it.

Originally posted by Bulldogs1974:

smile.r191677.gif
Don't know who said it but if it weren't memorable you wouldn't have started a thread about it.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Oohhhh, reality check in the Land of Oz.

smile.r191677.gif
Sure it wasn't you?

Sure it wasn't you? Seeing as you can't remember a memorable unmemorable statement.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
C'mon, Bulldogs...its a good day.

since IA has gone on a 6 game winning streak HH as not been heard from since, as have several others,

smile.r191677.gif
Memorable that some a--hole said it, not worth remembering who. Kinda my outlook.

My guess would be Hawkeyedumb#1 as well. Totally rips into the entire team - especially Woody & Gesell. He's a special kind of stupid.

Columbus sort of discovered TWO continents and didn't know where he was at. He returned two more times and I'm pretty sure he named the cities of Burbank and Tuscaloosa.

But do any of us remember anybody else on that Arc besides Columbus and Noah?

I agree so why call out some idiot who said something dumb on a message board.
Because it was a really dumb comment to make. Aaron is a true hawk and will be missed. Sometimes, when Iowa loses a game, people say really stupid things about these kids playing their butts off. They deserve to be called out for it.

What ever happened to the guys that didn't have to open these stupid threads and just enjoy good things when they happen?

What a nice ending for White...

Amazing how poorly Iowa shot from the guard position and won handily...

I would write more but I didn't get to watch the game...and I know there are several fan monitors on here who insist that anyone who doesn't attend all the games, or memorize players stats shouldn't post...

At any rate...what a great ending of the regular season...no better way to wipe away much of how it ended last year.

I remember that. Wasn't that around the same time a few were saying White always disappears in big games? The one I specifically remember was a poster who claimed White was a decent player for the MAC, but not really a good Big Ten player.

I think it's kind of fun to call out posters who make boneheaded statements and/or claims. God knows I've had my share.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

You're right that if you didn't watch the game it would be DUMB to post anything else about the game. You could miss details like how great Mikey was at managing the game even though he shot poorly. You'd miss all the great decisions he made against the switching defenses Northwestern threw at us. So don't throw your "if people don't attend all games or memorize players stats shouldn't post" crap out there. You hit it on the head though when you said people that don't even watch the games shouldn't post detailed criticisms about this team. It just makes them look ignorant.

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
I doubt it was Hawkeyedude, he's known aaron for a long time.
Yeah, White's about the only guy he's never ripped into numerous times. I'm thinking he said one time he was a HS classmate of White and Hamilton, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Could have been some Jr High kid that idolizes White, given the way he posts.

Originally posted by mstp1992:
I remember that. Wasn't that around the same time a few were saying White always disappears in big games? The one I specifically remember was a poster who claimed White was a decent player for the MAC, but not really a good Big Ten player.

I think it's kind of fun to call out posters who make boneheaded statements and/or claims. God knows I've had my share.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Yep. Anyone who has posted here for any length of time has said something stupid. This comment about White was memorable because it was made just a couple weeks ago.

BTW - I still remember when guys on this board were disappointed when Dev Marble was signed...they said he just wasn't Big10 material. I still chuckle about that from time to time.

White's nice run has somewhat clouded the reality that during parts of this season...he disappeared for long stretches of games.

Now, he is leading, and best of all seems to have found his shooting touch a bit...all this is great news....

One thing to keep in mind is trolls from other teams (ISU) will make Hawkeyes profiles to post on here. Could have been a Cyclone fan just putting down a Hawkeye.

Originally posted by revkev73:
White's nice run has somewhat clouded the reality that during parts of this season...he disappeared for long stretches of games. 

Now, he is leading, and best of all seems to have found his shooting touch a bit...all this is great news.... 
Exactly. As of a couple weeks ago White would disappear during games his whole career. He wasn't going to be a first team All-Big Ten player that he might be now. All the credit goes to White for figuring it out and giving us something to remember him by.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

A few weeks ago, I was one of the posters who said White was a good player, but not anything special. But I also said if he led Iowa to a 6-game winning streak to close the regular season, to the finals of the Big Ten Tournament, and to the Sweet 16, I would change my mind. So far, so good.

So the posters, including me, weren't wrong: In the last six games, Aaron White has morphed into the player he seldom was before this run. In the miserable OT loss @ NW, White was 1-12 and showed no leadership at all. In the losses to UNI and ISU, White was one of those who appeared to give up. He himself has said that he and the team would often just "go through the motions." In many games in his career, White disappeared when he was needed most. It's not an opinion: it's a fact. You can look it up.

But, out of the blue, for the last six games White has finally been doing what many of us had hoped to see from him long ago: He's playing with consistent energy and enthusiasm. He's leading. He's developed an outside shot. He's accepting the challenge of making the big play--offense, defense, rebounding--when his team needs its most. In other words, over the last six games he has been consistently doing what a great player does.

That doesn't change the past, but it sure has been great to see, and if it continues, White will have dramatically altered his place in Iowa basketball history. Give the kid all the credit in the world for this last gasp resurgence. And Fran, too, for taking a fine young man with potential and giving him the chance to do what he's doing now.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
A few weeks ago, I was one of the posters who said White was a good player, but not anything special. But I also said if he led Iowa to a 6-game winning streak to close the regular season, to the finals of the Big Ten Tournament, and to the Sweet 16, I would change my mind. So far, so good.

So the posters, including me, weren't wrong: In the last six games, Aaron White has morphed into the player he seldom was before this run. In the miserable OT loss @ NW, White was 1-12 and showed no leadership at all. In the losses to UNI and ISU, White was one of those who appeared to give up. He himself has said that he and the team would often just "go through the motions." In many games in his career, White disappeared when he was needed most. It's not an opinion: it's a fact. You can look it up.

But, out of the blue, for the last six games White has finally been doing what many of us had hoped to see from him long ago: He's playing with consistent energy and enthusiasm. He's leading. He's developed an outside shot. He's accepting the challenge of making the big play--offense, defense, rebounding--when his team needs its most. In other words, over the last six games he has been consistently doing what a great player does.

That doesn't change the past, but it sure has been great to see, and if it continues, White will have dramatically altered his place in Iowa basketball history. Give the kid all the credit in the world for this last gasp resurgence. And Fran, too, for taking a fine young man with potential and giving him the chance to do what he's doing now.
well said. I've been critical of Aaron, but I don't think I was unfair. I'm thrilled to see him change the narrative on his career. gatens did something similar, and it's hard to do.

My guess would be Hawkeyedumb#1 as well. Totally rips into the entire team - especially Woody & Gesell. He's a special kind of stupid.

Hey skybitch- special kind of stupid? Would u like me to find the post where u posted that white was "cemented" as the most overrated player in iowa history? They don't come any more stupid than that. Yet u hav the balls to call a poster out? Seriously?

This post was edited on 3/8 4:53 PM by hawkeyedude#1

Originally posted by hawkeyedude#1:

Hey skybitch- special kind of stupid? Would u like me to find the post where u posted that white was "cemented" as the most overrated player in iowa history? They don't come any more stupid than that. Yet u hav the balls to call a poster out? Seriously?

This post was edited on 3/8 4:53 PM by hawkeyedude#1
What I said in one of the in-game threads was something to the effect that "just when you think White is overrated he plays really impressive ball". This was after right after the NW & MN games when he didn't play very well. It was also around the time a long thread about White where many people were saying that White is overrated despite him projected (now has obviously occurred) to finish as the second leading scorer in history. My comment was in reference to those two data points. My comment is a far cry from "White is cemented as the most overrated player in Iowa history". Not even close. I am certain I did not use the word "cemented" or the term "most overrated player in Iowa history".

Thankfully I, along with all those other posters, have been proven as very wrong. Aaron has been on fire since that time. He's been a great representative of the University of Iowa, is a big part of the team's recent success, and will be a big part of Iowa's success in the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.

dude#1 now fishing for anchors to join him on a sinking ship.

just admit you made a stupid statement and move on dude

Originally posted by nu2u:
dude#1 now fishing for anchors to join him on a sinking ship.

just admit you made a stupid statement and move on dude
Yup, you're right. In fact, that is what I was trying to do in my second paragraph but couldn't quite bring myself to do it I guess.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Skybitch. See the following. I thought U were "certain"? LOL. Any chance u see the word "cement" in ur post? U r beyond a fake front running dumbass.

skydog0784
HR MVP
Post #634
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore
Re: ****Rutgers vs Hawks Game Thread**** Reply
Thoughts on the first half...

1. Uthoff & Jok should shoot the ball about 80% of the time their on the floor (especially Uthoff)
2. Woody & Gesell continue to be under-appreciated
3. White continues to cement his "overrated status" IMO
4. Looking forward to JO taking his talents full-time down to the Ped Mall after this season

And mostly, Rutgers really is a bad team. Hard to really take much away from this game.

2/19 7:57 PM | IP: Logged

Wow, I really didn't think I used the "c" word :) At least my recollection was 50% accurate in that I didn't say the most overrated player in Iowa history.

Re: Whatever happened to that guy on here who said...
skydog0784 posted on 3/8/2015...
Wow, I really didn't think I used the "c" word :) At least my recollection was 50% accurate in that I didn't say the most overrated player in Iowa history.

Kindly don't call me out or call me names, when u can't seem to remember some really stupid ass posts / comments u hav made. Trust me. I've made my share and admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT