ADVERTISEMENT

What's the word on Auburn?

11 days ago they had Alabama down 17, lost by 5 in OT. They have athletes by SEC standards, play physical and will get after it on defense.
So it will come down to how the officials call the game just like most Big Ten games. Allow physical play (fouling without being called), Iowa loses. Call actual fouls and Iowa has a good chance.

So it will come down to how the officials call the game just like most Big Ten games. Allow physical play (fouling without being called), Iowa loses. Call actual fouls and Iowa has a good chance.
Iowa doesn't get the benefit of the doubt most of the time for conference games, I doubt that changes in the tournament. Refs love seeing Fran melt

Will you still whine about it if the Hawks win? Sounds like you're expecting a loss.
Oh no. I really want them to win. I don't expect them to win. They have a proven track record for March Madness. I just don't want to hear pathetic excuses.

So, the same as any other Iowa game.

But seriously. A Fran-led Iowa game is almost always going to come down to their 3PT shooting %.

If the number is good, they got a decent shot to beat just about anyone. If the number is bad, or worse, they are in a favorable position to lose to just about anyone.
Not only the 3 point shot but 3 point shot on the fast break and secondary break

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT