ADVERTISEMENT

What's your favorite American military "battle" in history?

The battle of New Orleans with "old hickory " was pretty interesting and a very important win against the British. The battles in the previous threads are very worthy too.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I dunno, the great MTV battles of the 00’s and early ‘10’s were fierce.

9t0tl9z2wa671.png

The battle of New Orleans with "old hickory " was pretty interesting and a very important win against the British. The battles in the previous threads are very worthy too.
You talking about back In 1814 when we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip'
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a-comin'
There wasn't as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico?

• Haha
Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
It has to be the battle for Grenada. As St. Ronnie exclaimed, this victory exorcized the demons of Vietnam and made America great again. It also established the confidence to invade other sovereign nations down the road like Iraq and Afghanistan. Never again would America hesitate to indoctrinate, I mean bring our greatness to these far flung heathenistic lands that are just crying out for Christanity, I mean democracy.

The Battle of the Chosin Reservoir. Heavily outnumbered and out-supplied in extreme cold, American ground forces gave better than they got for more than two weeks against overwhelming enemy numbers until being forced to retreat. This battle is the essence of the United States Marine Corps.

quote-we-re-surrounded-that-simplifies-the-problem-chesty-puller-55-34-31.jpg

Battle of the Philippine Sea
Midway
Battle of the Coral Sea
Leyte Gulf
Battle of the Atlantic

Because…

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Battle of the Philippine Sea
Midway
Battle of the Coral Sea
Leyte Gulf
Battle of the Atlantic

Because…

You really need to see the full thing to understand the value of not touching America’s Boats. Plus that only references Japan from WW2 and Germany from WW1 starting wars over touching our boats. You also need to add in the UK in the War of 1812 and Quasi-War, Spain in the Spanish-American War, Libya and Morocco in the Barbary Wars, Vietnam in the Vietnam War, Algeria in the American-Algeria War, China in the Second Opium War, Taiwan/Formisa in the Formosa Expeditionary War, Korea in the US-Korean Expeditionary War, Iran in the Tanker War, Somalia in the US Intervention in the Somali Civil War, and probably more.

Reactions: mnole03
You really need to see the full thing to understand the value of not touching America’s Boats. Plus that only references Japan from WW2 and Germany from WW1 starting wars over touching our boats. You also need to add in the UK in the War of 1812 and Quasi-War, Spain in the Spanish-American War, Libya and Morocco in the Barbary Wars, Vietnam in the Vietnam War, Algeria in the American-Algeria War, China in the Second Opium War, Taiwan/Formisa in the Formosa Expeditionary War, Korea in the US-Korean Expeditionary War, Iran in the Tanker War, Somalia in the US Intervention in the Somali Civil War, and probably more.

Oh, I am familiar. I had to talk myself out of buying the shirt.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT