ADVERTISEMENT

When Spencer is done wrestling.

Will Spence Lee coach at Iowa some day?

• Total voters
f**k those asshats with their BS gambling shit, they should all rot in jail.

The Iowa Attorney General - Brenna Bird supported the gambling probe and charges against the athletes.

She just went to New York this week to support Trump in criminal court.

Just to confirm - she's one of the people you want to rot in jail correct?

I agree with this, and I do believe that Iowa wrestling was hit harder by COVID than any other program.

My only gripe with that is that COVID was four years ago, and we haven't adjusted the game plan. We still haven't seen a shift in how we approach recruiting. We haven't seen any improvement in areas like finishing shots and scrambling. At what point do we just accept that these issues aren't being addressed appropriately by the current staff?
I think a critique that can be made, is that we spend a lot of time in practice working to finish shots "clean" and if that doesn't happen in a live match, we struggle to finish.
I feel the majority of the guys who are good "scramblers" have picked that up in high school, long before they get to college.
Maybe I'm "old school" but I'd rather my guys finish clean or have good head/hands defense then rolling around across our backs and bending knees in a way they aren't meant to bend.

He says it multiple times throughout the video and emphasizes the point, which is that there is only one method that is tried and true and no deviating from that.

You obviously see it differently, and that's just fine with me, just keep doing what you have been doing and hope for adjustments and improvements.

BTW, hope is not a plan.
They have crowned 40-50 national champs since Iowa got one.

Reactions: Mendoza77
The Iowa Attorney General - Brenna Bird supported the gambling probe and charges against the athletes.

I don't see anywhere in the article that she supported the gambling probe.
Is that information you have or are you speculating?
I do believe there is a high probability she ends up being the Governor of Iowa.
It makes sense she goes and supports Trump in NYC and represents the large majority
of Iowa, which strongly supports Trump. Iowa is one of the most Conservative states in the
country. Trump will win Iowa by a landslide in November.
Not trying to start an argument, just stating facts.

I do believe there is a high probability she ends up being the Governor of Iowa.
It makes sense she goes and supports Trump in NYC and represents the large majority
of Iowa, which strongly supports Trump. Iowa is one of the most Conservative states in the

Iowans will get (and have gotten) what they've earned.

Could you imagine the New York attorney general showing up at an Iowa courtroom to support a politician who's a criminal defending and stating that "politics have no place in the courtroom" as they've used political funds to pay for their cross country trip?

"Politics have no place in a courtroom" just means that they believe politicians are above the law. Disgrace and mockery of our judicial system.

Could you imagine the New York attorney general showing up at an Iowa courtroom to support a politician and state that "politics have no place in the courtroom" as they've used political funds to pay for their cross country trip?

"Politics have no place in a courtroom" just means that they believe politicians are above the law. Disgrace and mockery of our judicial system.
Like I said not looking to argue or talk politics but the case going on in NYC and the others, already are a disgrace and mockery of our judicial system.

Also, I'm totally fine with her traveling to NY to support Trump and the majority of Iowans feel the same way.
It doesn't matter what I think if the AG in New York travels across the country for something like this. What matters is if the people of NY are ok with it or not.

Like I said not looking to argue or talk politics but the case going on in NYC and the others, already are a disgrace and mockery of our judicial system.

Also, I'm totally fine with her traveling to NY to support Trump and the majority of Iowans feel the same way.
It doesn't matter what I think if the AG in New York travels across the country for something like this. What matters is if the people of NY are ok with it or not.

To be clear, you support the hypocritical and contradictory statement that "politics have no place in the courtroom" made by a politician (Brenna Bird) who used political funds to travel to a completely different jurisdiction to support another politician's criminal defense for political campaign finance crimes that are supported by evidence and will be tried and decided by a jury?

Your stance is that politics have no place in a court room and that justice should be blind correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear, you support the hypocritical and contradictory statement that "politics have no place in the courtroom" made by a politician (Brenna Bird) who has used political funds to travel to a completely different jurisdiction to support another politician's criminal defense for political campaign finance crimes that are supported by evidence and will be tried and decided by a jury?

Your stance is that politics have no place in a court room and that justice should be blind correct?
I could give you more than what you want with my opinion on this.
It's all good, let's just agree to disagree.
No sense in carrying on with this on a wrestling forum, because you aren't
changing my mind and I'm not changing yours and hardly anyone here wants
to read our political bickering.
Cool thing about living in a Free Country. You get to have your opinion and
I get to have mine.

I’m not seeing the correlation. Are we supposed to forgive and forget because someone supports Trump?

I could give you more than what you want with my opinion on this.
It's all good, let's just agree to disagree.
No sense in carrying on with this on a wrestling forum, because you aren't
changing my mind and I'm not changing yours and hardly anyone here wants
to read our political bickering.
Cool thing about living in a Free Country. You get to have your opinion and
I get to have mine.

Ducking a response because there's no way to respond to that without acknowledging Brenna Bird is a bloody hypocrite.

What I stated in my post above wasn't an opinion by the way. It's objective facts.

Reactions: HawkeyeFever62
Ducking a response because there's no way to respond to that without acknowledging Brenna Bird is a bloody hypocrite.

What I stated in my post above wasn't an opinion by the way. It's objective facts.
No, I'm not ducking anything.

Your objective facts are garbage, and I could type out a couple pages telling you why.
The thing is no one wants this stuff here. And I'm guilty for replying to you on this crap.
I got a text message from a person who reads and posts here, telling me "STOP with the political
stuff on a wrestling message board." Probably the right choice.

Reactions: nearfall2
What mistake?
You responded to my post, “Weird a psu fan thinks he needs to be the one to comment on whether Thomas is liked or burned bridges with Iowa.”I’ve been called many terrible things, but never a PSU fan. 😉

You responded to my post, “Weird a psu fan thinks he needs to be the one to comment on whether Thomas is liked or burned bridges with Iowa.”I’ve been called many terrible things, but never a PSU fan. 😉
I gotcha. I’m a little slow. The PSU. Fan responded to my post. I’m Oklahoma, the air is a little thinner down here😂

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Could you imagine the New York attorney general showing up at an Iowa courtroom to support a politician who's a criminal defending and stating that "politics have no place in the courtroom" as they've used political funds to pay for their cross country trip?

I doubt Tom and Terry voted for the big guy.

I think a critique that can be made, is that we spend a lot of time in practice working to finish shots "clean" and if that doesn't happen in a live match, we struggle to finish.
I feel the majority of the guys who are good "scramblers" have picked that up in high school, long before they get to college.
Maybe I'm "old school" but I'd rather my guys finish clean or have good head/hands defense then rolling around across our backs and bending knees in a way they aren't meant to bend.
I think the term "scrambling" can be interpreted very broadly, but I don't think any serious Iowa wrestling fan wants to see our wrestlers rolling across their backs or diving at legs to defend takedowns. With that said, we should be able to wrestle through those positions more effectively when other wrestlers put us there. Think of someone like Jason Nolf rather than Jesse Delgado. As DT said, Jason Nolf can wrestle in any position, but scrambling isn't his primary form of offense. We should continue working on finishing clean shots and maintaining good head/hands defense, but we also need to train our wrestlers to recognize and respond to scrambling situations more effectively.

Askren released a great video last week where he listed his top ten scramblers of all time. He explained that the best scramblers don't rely on it as their main scoring strategy but use it functionally when necessary.

And that’s a shame. Or it should be. Shameless….

And I'm letting the wrestling board know (in response to another who started the topic) that the state AG had no concerns with the gambling probe that violated civil liberties and got wrestlers suspended.
Come on. Girl’s got a right to make a living. She’s just lining up her next job so she can trample all over the people’s rights on a national scale. It’s her career.

Okay, so lets throw those 3 in the lineup now we lose by what, 75? Sweet! You bring up the title in 2021...one title in 14 years is what you're hanging your hat on? Especially with how we under performed that tournament, too?

You can bring up Nate J, but we still can't seem to pull in consistent top 10 p4p guys. What if Nate wasn't from Iowa? Would we even had a shot with him in the first place? History says no.

Consistently being the 1st loser isn't' good enough. I'm not asking for a title every year, but certainly more than one every 14 years. I also don't think being completely out of contention by Friday is acceptable either.

How many more years does Tom need, honestly? He doesn't seem to have it figured out after 14 years, what makes you think he will at year 17? 20?
He figured it out in year 2...

How is this relevant?

How is this relevant?

That's the states chief legal officer. Highest legal position. She had no concerns about the illegal gambling investigation.

Keep reading. I further explained how it's relevant. It's not rocket science.

He figured it out in year 2...
del-griffith-oh-sure-sure.gif

Clearly....that's why Cael has beaten him like a rented mule for nearly two decades.

No, I'm not ducking anything.

Your objective facts are garbage, and I could type out a couple pages telling you why.
The thing is no one wants this stuff here. And I'm guilty for replying to you on this crap.
I got a text message from a person who reads and posts here, telling me "STOP with the political
stuff on a wrestling message board." Probably the right choice.
I'm enjoying this conversation. Please continue.

• Haha
Reactions: Trapper85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT