ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the line for a human killing an animal with their bare hands?

Russ vs manatee would go something like this.

scared-manatee.gif
I bet she could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch with that pie hole!

Basically any reptile can be killed by a skilled human. But once you get past something like a wolf, we are simply outclassed. You would have to get in really demented shit like raising a lion from a cub, earn its trust as its parent. And then kill it in its sleep.

Reactions: funksouljon

Raccoon is like, "Slave, get that empty hand away from me and get me more food, now, or I will **** you up."

I always see videos of people feeding them, likely been working at it for years. This is how they usually end up. Not sure why someone would post a video of themselves being so stupid. Arched back, ears flat, stilted walk, yeah, this will end well. Even the way he is holding the food.

Basically any reptile can be killed by a skilled human. But once you get past something like a wolf, we are simply outclassed. You would have to get in really demented shit like raising a lion from a cub, earn its trust as its parent. And then kill it in its sleep.

So basically the long con.....

Last edited:
I always see videos of people feeding them, likely been working at it for years. This is how they usually end up. Not sure why someone would post a video of themselves being so stupid. Arched back, ears flat, stilted walk, yeah, this will end well. Even the way he is holding the food.

So basically the long con.....

LOL... yeah I cringe when I see people with "tamed" racoons eating from their hands. Good luck with that.

I love how the cat is just chilling with the racoons at the beginning. Cats don't give a #$##.

You underestimate me.

Giraffe might be the easiest. Their necks are skinny enough that I can get my arms around and choke the life out of them. And manatees - they'll just lay there and take it.
I went to the Bronx Zoo yesterday and stood a few feet away from 5 giraffes.

i met their gaze as we sized each other up. You could tell that they knew that they weren't the toughest in that room.

I'm more convinced than ever that I could eff up a giraffe.

One of my favorite threads back in the old FSU Locker Room was reading all the guys who were convinced they could hit MLB pitching. It was hilarious how many were certain they'd hit a few fair balls in 10 chances.
Like a legit hit or just a fair ball? And movement or just a straight fastball?

I have a friend who was a MLB pitcher and we’ve done this exercise before. Getting a bat on an MLB pitch with movement is the most incredible thing in sports to me.

Reactions: wausauhawk

I have a friend who was a MLB pitcher and we’ve done this exercise before. Getting a bat on an MLB pitch with movement is the most incredible thing in sports to me.

I agree. Then I watched a version of this. And I figure both are equally hard and impressive.

And if you haven't watched the Nolan Ryan documentary, do it.

Reactions: mnole03

i met their gaze as we sized each other up. You could tell that they knew that they weren't the toughest in that room.

Bronx Zoo is filled with chumps. Watch out, Russ. Did you read the desire they have to crush “manhood”?
Ever see a striper deliver a kick to the shin? Bone breaking moment. You be my hero, Russ, but…

Last edited:

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Lol... there's very few animals larger than a cat that we could kill with our bare hands

There's a reason weapons were invented

Reactions: Wendy79
I figure if a giraffe used an iPhone it would rapidly develop debilitating cervical problems from poor posture and become much easier to slay bare handed. Just wait for that giraffe tech boom Russ, then it’s easy street for the critter killin.

It was hilarious how many were convinced that their .285 average in high school would translate to them putting the ball in play against an MLB pitcher.

When my boys were younger they trained some with a guy who had a long career as a spot reliever. One of the other kids he worked with was currently a catcher for a D1 college; the trainer would pitch some to him to get him used to catching higher level pitching, so I sometimes got to watch him throw MLB-style pitching. It is pretty eye-opening.

Last edited:
I’ve
Hunters usually have a weapon of some sort. Hell even Rambo had a knife and made weapons out of the wood available to him. Just taking on an animal with your bare hands is different even for someone that grew up hunting, as I don't know many hunters going out there without a firearm or bow of some sort. In many chances your best bet at survival if encountering many of the wild animal is to get it away from it or hurt it enough to get it to go away and leave you alone. Of course if going out in the wilderness, it is probably best to be prepared by not being bare handed and have a weapon of some sort even if a hunting or survival knife.
I speared a deer l

Reactions: West Duval Nole
It was hilarious how many were convinced that their .285 average in high school would translate to them putting the ball in play against an MLB pitcher.

When my boys were younger they trained some with a guy who had a long career as a spot reliever. One of the other kids he worked with was currently a catcher for a D1 college; the trainer would pitch some to him to get him used to catching higher level pitching, so I sometimes got to watch him throw MLB-style pitching. It is pretty eye-opening.

When I still lived in ATL, we ended up with a FSU relief pitcher on our softball team (can't remember his name, he played in the 00-05 range). We were screwing around one day and had him throw some to me. Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT