ADVERTISEMENT

Where will the Rays play their home games in 2025?

Or like football, you have to adjust. Might walk more guys and you might give up some more runs. Just like cold snowy football games you have to adjust and run the ball and move slower to keep your feet often resulting in lower scoring games. You’ll say baseball is different but that’s because they haven’t played in the rain for years.
Jeezus just stop and leave your shit takes for politics. It’s painfully obvious you’ve never played sports and most certainly not baseball past a 5th grade level nor know the Florida weather in the summer.

Last edited:
Or like football, you have to adjust. Might walk more guys and you might give up some more runs. Just like cold snowy football games you have to adjust and run the ball and move slower to keep your feet often resulting in lower scoring games. You’ll say baseball is different but that’s because they haven’t played in the rain for years.
They do play in the rain up to a point. Another factor is the field. When NFL teams play in heavy rain, the field gets all torn up and they have at least 6 days to add sod, condition the field and make repairs before playing on it again. In baseball, you tear it up and have to be back out there the next day and the day after that.

Hopefully this will expedite the tear down of the stadium. Such an ugly eye sore of a stadium.

They do play in the rain up to a point. Another factor is the field. When NFL teams play in heavy rain, the field gets all torn up and they have at least 6 days to add sod, condition the field and make repairs before playing on it again. In baseball, you tear it up and have to be back out there the next day and the day after that.
Go to a dirt infield like a bunch of them grew up playing on and the way baseball started. Shouldn’t take too long to rake some dirt after it gets tore up. But they you might be at the risk of a bad hop on a grounder and that would be so detrimental to the infielder you’d for sure hear about it in the sports media the next day. You don’t have to worry about the outfield getting tore up as they get 5 fly balls a game and are just standing out there the rest of the time.
Jeezus just stop and leave your shit takes for politics. It’s painfully obvious you’ve never played sports and most certainly not baseball past a 5th grade level nor know the Florida weather in the summer.
It’s clear you were lazy and could only play baseball because you couldn’t get in shape for any other sport. You know the ones where running was involved aside from running to a base. How about you leave your shit takes to your family, if you have one.

Montreal's stadium needs a new playing surface, from what I have heard.
Oakland has a stadium ready to go, and so does Omaha. Those are the primary stadiums that would not have to be shared that do not need upgrades. Any of the AAA stadiums would need upgrades to meet MLB standards.
Oakland doesn’t need an upgrade?

No one told the A’s.

I’d definitely want a 250lb guy running at and hitting me full speed when my body is frozen playing football in -10 degree weather.
Comparing apples & donuts. While baseball doesn’t see much extreme cold, I can’t recall any game ever being postponed over temperatures.

Reactions: lucas80
Oakland doesn’t need an upgrade?

No one told the A’s.
The biggest problem with the A's is their owner. The stadium hosted MLB games a month ago, so hosting games next season isn't a stretch. The bigger issue is travel, and I don't know if the league wants that. I can see Charlotte or Nashville getting a trial run as expansion looms.

If it isn’t too late, let the Devil Rays or whatever they are calling themselves these days move to another city. We could do without the billionaire welfare expense and St Pete will be just fine without baseball that no one currently attends.

CM_Main5_Content_Montreal_Expos_TM44-1300x953.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT