ADVERTISEMENT

Where would you rate the Iowa staff in the Big10 recruiting wise?

You keep telling yourself that. Oh, and good luck. Hell, I think Iowa may beat Nebraska this year, but if recruiting trajectories have anything to do with it, you better get used to losing every year. At least as long as Riley and Ferentz are around. gbr

UNL recruiting is nothing to write home about. Middle of the road. Callahan recruited better. How'd that work out? Ferentz 1 Riley 0.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I agree. I don't think KF wants or expects his staff to work harder than everyone else. Which is the root cause of our recruiting problems. He wants them to have a life outside of football. Which I understand but may not be a position that's equal to the task.
It appears this is true and if so they should be coaching Division III football. Lazy recruiters come to my mind.

You keep telling yourself that. Oh, and good luck. Hell, I think Iowa may beat Nebraska this year, but if recruiting trajectories have anything to do with it, you better get used to losing every year. At least as long as Riley and Ferentz are around. gbr

Ok. Thanks. I am fully aware of the big red.....grew up going to games, family has tix. Heck, I live in Lincoln.

Recruitng rankings are bunk. Back in the day before pay per click rating sites, you had Lemming and a few magazines. Nebraska under osborne was literally never a top 20 recruiting program by the experts. But the eye balls told a different story. They had good to great players and more of them than most others. Right now? Going to have because of PR on certain kids? I'll wait and see.

And, the red-headed step child....just accept it. Penn State is still kind of in that category after 25years in the conference.

Carry on.

Ok. Thanks. I am fully aware of the big red.....grew up going to games, family has tix. Heck, I live in Lincoln.

Recruitng rankings are bunk. Back in the day before pay per click rating sites, you had Lemming and a few magazines. Nebraska under osborne was literally never a top 20 recruiting program by the experts. But the eye balls told a different story. They had good to great players and more of them than most others. Right now? Going to have because of PR on certain kids? I'll wait and see.

And, the red-headed step child....just accept it. Penn State is still kind of in that category after 25years in the conference.

Carry on.
Okay Cecil. Evidently you didn't pay much attention, but Osborne routinely had recruiting classes in the #10 range. Get ready. gbr

I suggest just using your eye balls.

Judging by what my eyeballs have seen, I'd say Iowa is in the bottom half of the B10 in overall talent this year ... which just happens to be consistent with where Iowa ranks in recruiting compared to other B10 schools. But, sure, we can use the eyeball test instead. Iowa finishes near the middle of the pack for 6th to 8th in the B10 in that regard. Yay.

Carry on.
That is completely false.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT