ADVERTISEMENT

Which artists/bands should stop touring?

Yep, saw them at the Val Air. They were really good, though you can tell Mike is still not 100%. His kid's band was surprisingly good. Bad Religion was great, going to see them again in Davenport in Oct.

Got Green Day/Rancid/Smashing Pumpkins coming up in 1 1/2 weeks in MSP.
I thought about that show in MSP too, man. Instead I think I’m going to Riot Fest this year instead. The Offspring play all of Smash for its 30th anniversary, some of the final NOFX shows, Beck, Public Enemy, Descendents AND All, St. Vincent, The Hives, Suicidal Tendencies, Pennywise, The Vandals. I mean, a few of those have to still be good. The Buzzcocks are even playing, but it’s just wrong without Pete Shelley. I figure they’ll do the Steve Diggle vocalized songs. Great lineup though, as usual. It would be my first big festival in years, but SeatGeek Stadium is just so much more convenient to get to driving in from Iowa.

Reactions: SSG T
I thought about that show in MSP too, man. Instead I think I’m going to Riot Fest this year instead. The Offspring play all of Smash for its 30th anniversary, some of the final NOFX shows, Beck, Public Enemy, Descendents AND All, St. Vincent, The Hives, Suicidal Tendencies, Pennywise, The Vandals. I mean, a few of those have to still be good. The Buzzcocks are even playing, but it’s just wrong without Pete Shelley. I figure they’ll do the Steve Diggle vocalized songs. Great lineup though, as usual. It would be my first big festival in years, but SeatGeek Stadium is just so much more convenient to get to driving in from Iowa.

I thought about Riot Fest. But, the only person I know who might go with me is my youngest daughter, and she can't go that weekend because of work and classes.

As an aside, most of the one's there I would like to see, I've seen before (albeit long ago in some cases). I love Rancid, but haven't ever been able to see them. They're why I got the tickets in MSP.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT