ADVERTISEMENT

Which Cable News Channel(s) Do You Watch (or Avoid)

Characterize your cable news preference for EACH network: FOX, MSNBC, and CNN. (3 votes)

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
This recent chart caught my interest and I wondered how HROT posters would compare.

MSM-news-viewership-2023.jpg

I avoid all of them unless something is actively happening and I’m interested in what is happening. When that happens I switch between all of them. You can tell what they want you to think on each channel pretty easily, the truth is somewhere in-between

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Person gets hit by a car.

Network A focuses on the fact the person was jaywalking.
Network B focuses on the fact the driver was speeding.
Network C focuses on the fact the car was a Tesla.

Are you better off just getting info from one source?

Person gets hit by a car.

Network A focuses on the fact the person was jaywalking.
Network B focuses on the fact the driver was speeding.
Network C focuses on the fact the car was a Tesla.

Are you better off just getting info from one source?
The one that mentions the driver was white hispanic and the victim was black.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Kinda goes towards a personal thesis I have in that eventually these cable news networks are gonna be losers for their parents companies.

I don’t know anyone under the age of 50 that watches them with any regularity.

Strange. Almost nobody admits to watching/liking any of these cable news vendors.

So where DO you get most of your video-based news? TikTok? Instagram? YouTube?

My main sources of video news, in no particular order, are

PBS
BBC
Democracy Now
France24
DW
Al Jazeera

Zero news besides drudge for years.
I trust that's a joke.

Just for fun, I went to Drudge to see what they are peddling these days. I learned that China plans to take back Manchuria from Russia after Russia loses the Ukraine war and falls into disarray.

Imagine my shock when I went to Wikipedia and that lying site told me Manchuria is already part of China.

I trust that's a joke.

Just for fun, I went to Drudge to see what they are peddling these days. I learned that China plans to take back Manchuria from Russia after Russia loses the Ukraine war and falls into disarray.

Imagine my shock when I went to Wikipedia and that lying site told me Manchuria is already part of China.

It isn’t. If you have a life you should have learned a long time ago very little truly effects the individual and my actions also have no effect on national and world events.

Treat others as you wish to be treated. Keep it simple.

Also, most pieces of shit in the world are beyond saving.

I walk my dog and ride a lot of bike in the dark. I can see inside people’s homes and often their TV’s. Show me an old lonely person/couple and bet your ass they are watching cable news. It’s fricking sad and pathetic.

Last edited:
I seldom watch any of the news channels, unless there is a major news event happening. If then, I’d choose CNN, but likely flip between channels.

I watch “Morning Joe” most oft…3-4 days/week for a couple of hours….I watch “local news” daily, 1-2 hours in the AM and an hour in the evenings…
I check FOX for a few minutes daily, until they say something that makes me shake my head (5-10 minutes)….I check CNN and NewsNation occasionally…..but honestly watching “news networks” very much is a lot like watching Kirk Ferentz’s offenses…..not conducive to one’s mental health.

I trust that's a joke.

Checkout substack and see if you can find people you feel are non-slanted and find slanted folks from all sides to see how people from all over all feeling.

Between CNN and MSNBC I don't have a favorite. There are hosts I prefer from both channels, but I'm not a regular viewer of either. I watch the nightly news on CBS because it follows the local news I watch. For big events I probably watch CNN except for election coverage because I like MSNBC's Steve Kornacki.

This recent chart caught my interest and I wondered how HROT posters would compare.

MSM-news-viewership-2023.jpg

I watch FOX, more than the other two, but I try to get viewpoints from them all. The Greg Gutfeld show on FOX can be pretty funny. I like listening to two of Gutfeld’s regular guest’s viewpoints…Tyrus and Kat Timpf. I had heard, at one point, it was the highest rated late night show, with ratings higher than Jimmy Fallon, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT