ADVERTISEMENT

White girl gains respect from black world.

It's a shame that this is what they boil it down to. Admittedly, this is what racist LSU fans also boiled it down to last year for the championship too; white vs black. It amazes me that people still focus on that in this day and age. No one should care that each team is majority one skin color. We should be seeing them as equal athletes on the court, fighting to win.

Focusing on skin color is just sad.

This whole race narrative seems pretty conveniently trendy.

Where was this when Diana Taurasi was a dominant player 20 years ago?
It was the 90s and early 2000s when race wasn't an issue. It really wasn't until 2008 when Obama became president and the racists started to rally when people realized how big of an issue racism still is, and mainstream media has capitalized on that ever since.

It was the 90s and early 2000s when race wasn't an issue. It really wasn't until 2008 when Obama became president and the racists started to rally when people realized how big of an issue racism still is, and mainstream media has capitalized on that ever since.
GIF by FirstAndMonday

2001 Cincinnati Riots .

Last edited:
Im not an expert either. I rarely pay attention I only remember the well know players.

But a significant percentage of the famous womens college basketball players that I can think of last 30 years are white.

So I don't know why people are making such a big deal that Clark is white.

It's far from unprecedented.
Dividing people is where it’s at. Dividing them by race is at or near the top of the list.

Always projection with some. Always.

It’s just amazing the level of stupid you have to have achieved to lack that much self awareness.

Btw, @HawkeyeShawn, have you talked ddean about the R-word? He seems like a piece of shit in addition to being an idiot, so good luck. I just thought you might want to set him straight.
I don’t seek it out. It’s I see it, I call it out. I don’t come here every day. I don’t read or participate in every thread.

If I come across someone who is a douche about it, I just put them on ignore. Life is too short to get worked up over an anonymous person on a message board.

Terrible. But anecdotal. The data does not support the narrative.
The data says that an African American has a far higher chance of a negative interaction with LEOs . The incarceration rates of African Americans are far higher than of the white counterparts of similar backgrounds. Justice isn’t color blind. Thanks to body cams. The data previous reported has turned out to be a bit off. There are bad LEOs just as there are any other profession. The difference is the blue line and union has protected them in the past. LEOs are given far too much power and responsibility in our society. For people to shrug off legitimate grievances. Which come from the lack of communication between LEOs and the public they protect and are supposed to serve.
The biggest resource the LEOs have is the public trust. Everyone is racist and prejudice to some extent. But say there isn’t an issue or that it just started in 2008 is absurd. African Americans have been complaining about police brutality for decades.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I always chuckle at phrases like "the black world" or "the gay community" or "the religious right", etc... as if there's some uniform way everyone in any "group" thinks. I have friends and family of all colors, sexuality, political beliefs etc...and the one thing I've noticed about most all of them...is they despise being turned into some kind of simplistic stereotype...or having someone speak for them.

But of course that's easier than actually listening to people. It's also convenient and useful for manipulation and pitting people against one another.

Last edited:
Paul Pierce is just keeping it real. Telling it like it is. Ya know, like how your buddy Trump does it. Not surprised you’re triggered.

Larry Bird used to bitch when a team guarded him with a white guy. Bird said it was disrespectful. Everyone laughs and no one cares.

Paul Pierce says something similar, gives Caitlin respect, and Trump supporter is triggered.

Selective outrage. LMAO. Since when did Iowans become so small-minded and humorless?

stripes lighten GIF
Still defending racists I see.

The data says that an African American has a far higher chance of a negative interaction with LEOs . The incarceration rates of African Americans are far higher than of the white counterparts of similar backgrounds. Justice isn’t color blind. Thanks to body cams. The data previous reported has turned out to be a bit off. There are bad LEOs just as there are any other profession. The difference is the blue line and union has protected them in the past. LEOs are given far too much power and responsibility in our society. For people to shrug off legitimate grievances. Which come from the lack of communication between LEOs and the public they protect and are supposed to serve.
The biggest resource the LEOs have is the public trust. Everyone is racist and prejudice to some extent. But say there isn’t an issue or that it just started in 2008 is absurd. African Americans have been complaining about police brutality for decades.

Speaking of brutality!

It’s racist but he isn’t wrong😂
He is wrong ... because elite players in women's basketball are hardly partitioned by race.

For every Maya Moore and Sherly Sheryl Swoopes ... there is a Diana Taurasi and Breanna Stewart.

Even in the college women's game ... Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins, Paige Bueckers, Hannah Hidalgo ... those are some of your "household" names. Where is the division by race there?

Of course, there is still a long-standing social narrative ... wherein people believe that folks with brown skin tend to be better athletes. However, those contentions have very little scientific backing ... about as much as much support as those who claim that women are no good at STEM ... or that white men make the best CEOs in industry. Just because you might see it through the periscope of blind-empiricism doesn't mean that there is causation at play. Correlation ain't causation.

It is ALWAYS about race with her.
That, and her opinions are usually abjectly stupid and meritless—like a lot of the ones in this thread I have skimmed through and laughed at.

It is kind of scary how stupid some people are today. Of course, before the Internet, we were simply unaware of the prevalence.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
That, and her opinions are usually abjectly stupid and meritless—like a lot of the ones in this thread I have skimmed through and laughed at.

It is kind of scary how stupid some people are today. Of course, before the Internet, we were simply unaware of the prevalence.
Your genius is admirable. Maybe you could cure cancer today in between posts during another 16 hour stint on these boards. Truly amazing narcissism, bravo.

He is wrong ... because elite players in women's basketball are hardly partitioned by race.

For every Maya Moore and Sherly Sheryl Swoopes ... there is a Diana Taurasi and Breanna Stewart.

Even in the college women's game ... Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese, Cameron Brink, JuJu Watkins, Paige Bueckers, Hannah Hidalgo ... those are some of your "household" names. Where is the division by race there?

Of course, there is still a long-standing social narrative ... wherein people believe that folks with brown skin tend to be better athletes. However, those contentions have very little scientific backing ... about as much as much support as those who claim that women are no good at STEM ... or that white men make the best CEOs in industry. Just because you might see it through the periscope of blind-empiricism doesn't mean that there is causation at play. Correlation ain't causation.
This is probably the best post in this thread.

And true.

When I was in high school, we had some foreign exchange students from Africa. They were some of the sorriest mother ****ers I’ve ever seen on a basketball court. But you put a soccer ball in front of them and holy shit.

Melanin is a predictor of nothing. Culture on the other hand can be.

Regarding what Paul Pierce said: people in this thread are unwittingly underscoring the greatness of Caitlin Clark. He is not. He is emphasizing it empathetically. Yes, there have been great white basketball players throughout history, even in the NBA. From Steve Nash to Doncic, or Jokic to Bird, there have been exceptional players who are white.

Caitlin Clark is not just another white women’s basketball player you add to the list you comprised. She is far greater than that. She is the Pistol Pete and Larry Bird of the women’s game rolled into one player. No woman can score and drop dimes like she can. No one in the game can take those two Iowa teams to the Final Four like she has. Name any player who has played in the WNBA or ever who could lead Iowa to two Final Fours and a victory over an undefeated juggernaut like South Carolina in last year’s tournament. Name one.

That is Paul Pierce’s point. Iowa fans should be proud. Instead, the usual suspects of mental midgets are butthurt. Smh.

Your genius is admirable.
Your sarcasm and attempts at being clever are not.

As far as your weird admission of stalking me is concerned, I am on vacation from work for a week. I piddled around these boards off and on throughout the morning and afternoon yesterday. If you want to know my itinerary for today, I will be out late afternoon having dinner with friends before attending an NBA game tonight.

Let me know if you want any additional details of my schedule for the rest of the week since you seem so creepily interested.

How about instead of getting offended when people point out the obvious in the way of stupid you and others actually make a point of trying to fix it? Novel idea, I know. I’m not sure how long your break at McDonald’s is but hopefully I responded in time for you to read before you have to get back to manning the drive-thru.

Charles Barkley tells one of those stories. Bird looked irritated so Charles asked him what was the matter. Bird told him you have a white guy on me, it's disrespectful. The Pistons put a white guy on him once and Bird demanded the ball possession after possession and destroyed the guy, and then told their coach about it. Larry may not be the goat but he is damn sure in the top 5 conversation.
I loved the NBA when we had Magic,Bird Jordan. Never been the same.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
A lot of parallels between what you are talking about and the Catholic Church.

Are the majority of priests pedophiles? Nope. Did a lot of the ones who are get protected and shuffled around to different parishes? Yep.

• Haha
Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
This is probably the best post in this thread.

And true.

When I was in high school, we had some foreign exchange students from Africa. They were some of the sorriest mother ****ers I’ve ever seen on a basketball court. But you put a soccer ball in front of them and holy shit.

Melanin is a predictor of nothing. Culture on the other hand can be.

Regarding what Paul Pierce said: people in this thread are unwittingly underscoring the greatness of Caitlin Clark. He is not. He is emphasizing it empathetically. Yes, there have been great white basketball players throughout history, even in the NBA. From Steve Nash to Doncic, or Jokic to Bird, there have been exceptional players who are white.

Caitlin Clark is not just another white women’s basketball player you add to the list you comprised. She is far greater than that. She is the Pistol Pete and Larry Bird of the women’s game rolled into one player. No woman can score and drop dimes like she can. No one in the game can take those two Iowa teams to the Final Four like she has. Name any player who has played in the WNBA or ever who could lead Iowa to two Final Fours and a victory over an undefeated juggernaut like South Carolina in last year’s tournament. Name one.

That is Paul Pierce’s point. Iowa fans should be proud. Instead, the usual suspects of mental midgets are butthurt. Smh.
The obsession with race in sports is not a recent phenomenon. It stems from over a century ago when Jack Johnson, the first POC prizefighting champion, dominated what was then known as a "gentleman's game". Being black of course was a strke against him, but it was the way he conducted himself that drew the ire of white America (thus the birth of the term "Great White Hope", as they were looking for a burly white boxer to put Johnson in his place. It took over a decade when Jess Willard defeated Johnson in 1915, who by then was well past his prime). He was brash, he openly flirted with the wives and girlfriends of his opponents... he was good and he knew it. He was basically the precursor to Muhammad Ali, who perfected the psychological aspect of the sport.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Might not be required but they are still on there. Just filled out something for the university the other day and it asked race age and sex.
My favorite is are you uncomfortable with a Doctor of a different race or nationality. Not sure if that is still asked. But certainly was still around less than a decade ago. I get if you’re uncomfortable with a female or male doctor when it comes to checking out sensitive areas of the body. But separating by race is a thing.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
My favorite is are you uncomfortable with a Doctor of a different race or nationality. Not sure if that is still asked. But certainly was still around less than a decade ago. I get if you’re uncomfortable with a female or male doctor when it comes to checking out sensitive areas of the body. But separating by race is a thing.
it sure is. I also get a kick out of companies that say they promote equality and they use the one minority they have working there for all the equality advertisement they do.
I used to work for one and the “token” guy was worthless but they had to keep him.

Reactions: tumorboy
No shit. MAGA shitheads wouldn't think of linking serial bankrupting, insurrectionist, sex assaulting, criminal with 88 charges outstanding, and frauds (most significant: 295 million dollars) Orange Jesus's portfolio is he were a Democrat.

Of course, he wouldn't be a Democrat, which is separates the Right from the Left.
Insta block.
Bye Felicia....tired of shitheads like you hijacking threads on sports. Too dumb to learn?? Dolt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT