ADVERTISEMENT

Whitey, Gabe & Ogelsby

Mohawkeye

HB Legend
Jun 13, 2002
Watched these boys grow up, and the program grow back. Thanks men. A job well done.

I'm going to miss the Whitey and Gabe thunder dunks. Those guys were really fun to watch. The Hawks are really going to miss Whitey next year. One of the best players to ever play at Iowa. Amazing on the fast break and around the bucket, and that long wing span him tough to defend and made him a solid defensive player.

Thanks to the seniors for all they've contributed to Iowa, on and off the court.

Thank you all. Best of luck to the NBA draft Whitey! Hope it's a boy and he comes to play for IA in 19 years.

Thanks gentlemen. You have been a part of turning IOWA basketball around.

These seniors have helped Iowa become relevant again. Thank you for representing Iowa with class.

Thank you Aaron, Gabe, and Josh.

Now its up to the juniors to keep it going.

This senior class has helped bring Iowa back to national relevance, this is the start of something special in my eyes. Can't wait for the future!

thank you seniors and thank you to the coaching staff for busting your butts these last 5 years

CAvtxajU8AAdFCm.jpg:large

And people actually think we're going to be better next year without White and Gabe???? I see no one coming in to replace anything they brought to the court.

Originally posted by Letsgohawks411:
And people actually think we're going to be better next year without White and Gabe???? I see no one coming in to replace anything they brought to the court.
We are better this year without Marble. It is a team game afterall and you never know how a team will come together. Lets hope for a nicer Big Ten schedule and anything can happen. Ute could be a star if he takes another step up like he did this year. Mikey, Adam, Ute, and Jok make up a really nice core group of players who will hang with anyone when they play well. We will miss Gabe and Whitey. Thanks Gabe and Aaron!

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:

We are better this year without Marble. It is a team game afterall and you never know how a team will come together. Lets hope for a nicer Big Ten schedule and anything can happen. Ute could be a star if he takes another step up like he did this year. Mikey, Adam, Ute, and Jok make up a really nice core group of players who will hang with anyone when they play well. We will miss Gabe and Whitey. Thanks Gabe and Aaron!
This! I look forward to next year and another return to the Big Dance.

Thanks to these seniors! Fran's first class of his own recruits. They showed faith in him when Iowa BB was in the toilet. Any success Iowa has in the next few years, they had much to do with it.

I truly thank 2 of the 3 mentioned here! Not sure the third gave everything he could have.

I remember seeing White play in the Prime Time league before his freshman season. His hard work over 4 years really paid off. Glad he was able to help bring some success back to Iowa.

Originally posted by skydog0784:
I truly thank 2 of the 3 mentioned here! Not sure the third gave everything he could have.
Oh piss off. Just because he didn't turn out the shooter everyone hoped doesn't mean he didn't give it everything.

This will be really difficult for us, considering we are the only team in the country with good players graduating.

Agree with Skydog. Not going to miss Watching Ogelsby play. That was a painful 4 years. White was unbelievable! Gabe was solid.

Originally posted by BeepBeepInMyJeep:
This will be really difficult for us, considering we are the only team in the country with good players graduating.
I know right? Its unfortunate the NCAA will let Dawson and Trice say at MSU, Kaminsky, Gasser, Jackson and Dukan all get to stay at Wisconsin and then they make Iowa's players leave when their eligibilty runs out. Its just not fair

Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:
Agree with Skydog. Not going to miss Watching Ogelsby play. That was a painful 4 years. White was unbelievable! Gabe was solid.
You don't have to like watching him play. I for one was happy to see his minutes decline at the end of the season and agree that he didn't offer much, but to say that he didn't give everything is an unnecessary departing shot.

I never said he didn't give his all but regardless, who cares?! This is Div 1 bball. If you're not good, you're not good. No problem with the fan base getting on him. Now if it was 12 years ago and he was a 4th grader and struggling, sure, I'd tell him good job.

Will miss all the ally-oop dunks from White and Gabe and it looks like Uthoff will pick up some of the numbers they leave behind, but hopefully Dom Uhl will go airborne next season.

I never said he didn't give his all but regardless, who cares?! This is Div 1 bball. If you're not good, you're not good. No problem with the fan base getting on him. Now if it was 12 years ago and he was a 4th grader and struggling, sure, I'd tell him good job.
You didn't but Skydog did and you agreed with him.. I agree he should not have been playing D1 basketball.

Either way, you were wrong.

But, back to the topic of the thread. The improvements that White and Gabe both made over 4 years were pretty remarkable and I think all three of them represented the University of Iowa positively and did things right. Gabe was always one of my favorites to listen to in his interviews on here, and I am glad they chose Iowa. Every announcer this season let us know where White was going if he didn't come here and it is a good thing for all of us that he came to Iowa.

Originally posted by Mohawkeye:
Watched these boys grow up, and the program grow back. Thanks men. A job well done.
Well said. These guys helped bring Iowa basketball back to life. I was at Iowa in the late eighties and was used to heading to the tournament every year and making the sweet sixteen. I am so happy that these guys came to Iowa and stuck it out four years. They came to a program that hadn't done anything in years and left as winners.

Originally posted by Curt Furence:

You didn't but Skydog did and you agreed with him.. I agree he should not have been playing D1 basketball.

Either way, you were wrong.

But, back to the topic of the thread. The improvements that White and Gabe both made over 4 years were pretty remarkable and I think all three of them represented the University of Iowa positively and did things right. Gabe was always one of my favorites to listen to in his interviews on here, and I am glad they chose Iowa. Every announcer this season let us know where White was going if he didn't come here and it is a good thing for all of us that he came to Iowa.
I agreed with Skydog in the fact that going to miss 2 of the 3. You might want to re-read my post.

Just for the record, you were wrong. But who's counting, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT