ADVERTISEMENT

Who has absolute knowledge of Labas smoking a lot of weed? I read it here in the last few days.

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Kirk has always came down pretty hard on non-alcohol drug infractions. Whether it was Kalil Hill and PEDS, DJK living and maybe partying with a dealer (which was reported), or Adam Robinson's situation, those players got quite the negative outcome from Kirk.

I would be surprised that Labas would even be on the team if he was a regular pot user.

So is Labas using pot a true situation and who knows this first hand? Or is it some crap thrown at the wall to see if it sticks as the reason Labas is not playing?

Any answers?

giphy.gif

And I smoked pot a long time ago as well as doing other stuff.

So if a lot of players smoke dope why are people on this forum bringing it up as to why Labas never plays.
Because he has been late to practice.

And I smoked pot a long time ago as well as doing other stuff.

So if a lot of players smoke dope why are people on this forum bringing it up as to why Labas never plays.

Great question.

For whatever reason, likely rooted in 1980-something, FuddyDuddyFerentz has an issue with it.

Also likely, the people that think it is a big deal have little to no experience with it and genuflect at the Ferentzi altar.

Let me put my live resin cart in the drawer and I will investigate and get back to You. In all seriousness it is 2023 and if the guy isn't baked during practice, classes or on game Day who really cares except some fossils? Can He hit a WR in stride and move faster than a guy wearing cinder block Nike's are questions I would like to see answered more.

How does the NCAA treat this now? Not that it matters with their selective enforcement anyways, but I didn't think until now about the effect of legalization in so many states and drug testing for college athletes.

Great question.

For whatever reason, likely rooted in 1980-something, FuddyDuddyFerentz has an issue with it.

Also likely, the people that think it is a big deal have little to no experience with it and genuflect at the Ferentzi altar.
I just want to know if this is why Labas is playing. I think it would be a bad reason to not play him as long as he isnt high during the game. We dont want him spacing out about the playclock or leaving the huddle to get a bite of a snickers

Reactions: intrepodor
I just want to know if this is why Labas is playing. I think it would be a bad reason to not play him as long as he isnt high during the game. We dont want him spacing out about the playclock or leaving the huddle to get a bite of a snickers
If he has to leave the huddle for his Snickers fix that's 100% on the equipment managers.

Love to see you in the ring versus Deacon.
Yes, I’d like that. Set it up and see how he does vs a guy 30 years older than him. JFC.

You realize he is the worst qb in D1? And it’s not even close. I’m not disrespecting the guy, just stating facts. This is more of an indictment on KF/BF for this guy being the back up qb. I’d rather see the guy that beat Kentucky or give me Lainez to see what he can do instead of the shiat show we will see the next four saturdays.

Kirk has always came down pretty hard on non-alcohol drug infractions. Whether it was Kalil Hill and PEDS, DJK living and maybe partying with a dealer (which was reported), or Adam Robinson's situation, those players got quite the negative outcome from Kirk.

I would be surprised that Labas would even be on the team if he was a regular pot user.

So is Labas using pot a true situation and who knows this first hand? Or is it some crap thrown at the wall to see if it sticks as the reason Labas is not playing?

Any answers?
Who gives a shit?

Petras played guitar and sang a Grateful Dead song in some video I saw that was posted on this site. He has to smoke it up too, right? I mean, nobody does some hippy shit like that for the camera if they aren't toking it up too.......right? ...... and Ferentz loves him some Petras. Gotta be more to it than that.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk and uihawk82
It's essential not to jump to conclusions without concrete evidence when it comes to players and their behaviors. Kirk Ferentz has indeed been strict on non-alcohol drug infractions in the past, and it's crucial to follow the facts and not rely on rumors or speculations.
If there are concerns about Labas or any other player, it's best to trust in the team's management and their decision-making process. As for those interested in exploring topics related to substances or alternatives, they can check out bong websites for a broader range of options and accessories, keeping in mind that responsible choices are essential for everyone involved.

Last edited:
So it sounds like nobody here really knows and we will probably ever know after he transfers out after this year. He looked more than capable in the bowl game last year w/3-4 weeks of practice. Not great, but capable. I keep hearing it's more of him not being able to grasp the offense. Sure, rumor is he likes to party. He was also injured which I believe is why Hill was forced into the position. Now, if that's not true and somehow Hill just moved ahead of Labas something is very odd here. Deacon seems like a great teammate but he is not a very good QB. And Labas would have been the 2nd string guy coming back.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Pretty stupid if anyone is held back for off the field use, I mean on Hawkeye radio during the games Ed is pushing medical edibles and sounds like He ate a 400 mg live resin gummie.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT