ADVERTISEMENT

Who should play the 5 at the same time as Hannah?

Wango Z Tango

Team MVP
Dec 31, 2004
Chicago
If Iowa has to go big, bench Marshall and put Sharon Goodman in for defense alongside Hannah for offense.
I just think when Sharon stands tall straight with her arms up she presents the biggest wall. I'm surprised how her minutes
have been cut as the season has progressed.

There will come a point against certain teams where Gab Marshall offers us nothing and we will need more minutes from ALL
the bigs. It might not always be for offense but more so interior D, putting a body on a defender boxing out, then ultimately,
preventing rebound baskets.

If Iowa has to go big, bench Marshall and put Sharon Goodman in for defense alongside Hannah for offense.
I just think when Sharon stands tall straight with her arms up she presents the biggest wall. I'm surprised how her minutes

There will come a point against certain teams where Gab Marshall offers us nothing and we will need more minutes from ALL
the bigs. It might not always be for offense but more so interior D, putting a body on a defender boxing out, then ultimately,

Sharon is not a particularly good defender…and not as good offensively or rebounding as Addy IMO.

Reactions: kceasthawk
They should be getting more in game minutes together right now as opposed to waiting until we get down 10+ and realize we need to change.

I’m do too actually
She looks better and more confident this year imo.. but has been the victim of some god awful foul calls early in the game which really takes her out of rhythm. Really need her to put it together though heading into march, that's for sure.

Reactions: cmhawks99
She looks better and more confident this year imo.. but has been the victim of some god awful foul calls early in the game which really takes her out of rhythm. Really need her to put it together though heading into march, that's for sure.
Hopefully she’s not going to be the female Glen Worley.

On a whim, I went back and looked at the box score for Iowa vs South Carolina…

That was such a 2 person team, this team is so much better. But more importantly, there were 3 people who played most of the game. .

Cc….39 minutes, Kate Martin 37 & Gabby.z…38. Gabby took one shot and missed, yet Bluder was convinced she needed to be on the floor to give us our best chance to win go figure…

If they're going to play 2 bigs, I think it has to be Addie. She seems to be the only one who'd be able to extend & hit a 12-15 ft jumper consistently. Goodman would be exclusively on the block which would push Hannah away from the basket. I don't see her being as effective that way. She doesn't have the face up game or perimeter shot.

Nothing against Gabbie but if she's not going to look to shoot she shouldn't be out there. McCabe wants to let it rip, give her a chance. And she's not 4 feet tall.

Last edited:
They’re the same size.

She does need to pull the trigger a couple more times a game though. At least in my opinion 🤷‍♂️ make it or not, but shoot.

Her ball security, awareness & experience with what we want to do and how best to do it…makes her a valuable asset regardless!

Go big? Iowa? I'm sorry but that is a losing formula. Bluder realizes that HS and <Iowa big> on the floor at the same time is not a recipe for success. Let opposing team bigs try and guard a smaller quicker guard and see what happens. Trade defense for offensive success.

She does need to pull the trigger a couple more times a game though. At least in my opinion 🤷‍♂️ make it or not, but shoot.

Her ball security, awareness & experience with what we want to do and how best to do it…makes her a valuable asset regardless!
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT