ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Your CFP Top 4? Can Alabama Climb back in w/ their Schedule?

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
They just discussed this on FOX.

Here are the Fox Sports Projected Top 10:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia
5. Oregon
6 Oklahoma
7 Alabama
8 Utah
9 Minnesota
10 Penn State

Top 3 seem clear. Georgia at 4 will probably happen but they lost at home to a very mediocre SC team. Oregon lost to Auburn and I don’t think they’ve beaten a team that’s currently ranked. Oklahoma lost to a so so KSU team. Bama lost to LSU but they haven’t beaten anyone either.

Top 3 seem clear. Georgia at 4 will probably happen but they lost at home to a very mediocre SC team. Oregon lost to Auburn and I don’t think they’ve beaten a team that’s currently ranked. Oklahoma lost to a so so KSU team. Bama lost to LSU but they haven’t beaten anyone either.
It will be interesting to see if, in the end, we have another "they didn't win their division or their conference" controversy again. Alabama's good, but I agree, their schedule leaves a lot to be desired.

LSU, OSU, Clemson, 4th is up for grabs.

I think Bama is the 4th best team but I hope Oregon or Utah gets in (winner of Pac12).

Also don't sleep on Minnesota upsetting OSU. Those Minnesota receivers can ball.

ESPN will be pushing hard for Alabama to get in, even though they won’t win their division. That last score by Alabama made it a 5-point game, which will be good enough for Rece Davis and crew.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Alabama isn’t even that good. There’s a very real chance they’ll lose to Auburn (a team that actually plays defense) and the Tide would finish without a single Top 25 win.

OSU, LSU, and Clemson are pretty much gimmies. Fourth spot should go to either Oklahoma/Baylor or Oregon, but UGA and even an 11-1 Penn State or 12-1 Minnesota should garner more consideration than a crappy Alabama.

tosu, louisiana state, clemson

4th is up for grabs

I completely agree.

Not Georgia, they lost at home to South Carolina. That has to mean something.

I would honestly put Minnesota in there right now. Maybe Baylor. I don't think either stays there.

Last edited:
ESPN will be pushing hard for Alabama to get in, even though they won’t win their division. That last score by Alabama made it a 5-point game, which will be good enough for Rece Davis and crew.

I was thinking the same thing. A 12 pt loss could have gone a lot farther toward keeping Bama out. Why LSU was playing press coverage up 12 with a little over a minute left, I have no idea.

OSU is the only team that I've seen that has an elite O and D so they should be #1. LSU @ #2 for sure. We'll see about the rest.

Reactions: Wadzinator
OSU is the only team that I've seen that has an elite O and D so they should be #1. LSU @ #2 for sure. We'll see about the rest.

OSU and Clemson both have elite O and D.

LSU and Bama have have elite O but D is suspect for both.

I don't know why people are saying Georgia. They're going to have two losses after losing to LSU in the SEC CCG.

Ohio State
LSU
Clemson
Bama/Oklahoma/Baylor/Oregon/Utah/Minnesota all still have a shot at 4th, but realistically probably Bama/Oklahoma/Oregon

I'd like to know what non-bama SEC fans will think if bama gets in again this year.

I think it's bullshit that any team that plays bama in regular season has to beat them twice to call themselves a national champion, but bama just has to go 1-1 vs them? Bama had their shot and blew it, why should they get a redo?

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT