ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Dix shade and overplay the off ball hand on that last play?

I'm really not blaming this all on PS or the other players either. This is Frans roster, and the makeup of it is a mess. I realize that he doesn't put a lot of emphasis on defense, but he simply can't put 4 or 5 solid defenders on the court for situations like last night because he doesn't have them. Of all the front court players OF is the only one who can stay in front of someone, (maybe Dembele as well but the book is still out on him) and he can't stay out of foul trouble. If someone penetrates past Dix and Harding we're either giving up a bucket, a foul, or both...

Reactions: HawkLogic
With two timeouts left, there was absolutely no reason for Sandfort to be in the game. You need your five best defenders in there, and Sandfort isn't close to being in that group.

Yes, Sandfort is bad on defense...he provides no rim protection and is liablity on perimeter to get blown by. At least he rebounds
'
Krikke is even worse defender and doesn't rebound very well.

So Fran had two terrible defenders that couldn't play post defense or perimeter defense.

In retrospect, just playing zone and giving up an open 3pt shot at even 40% probability was better than giving up uncontested layup.

Maybe Braun at center and 4 guards would be the best man-to-man defensive lineup with Freeman fouled out and Dimbele injured.

Braun is still learning B1G defense, is pretty strong, little bit on short side for post player. He plays hard though.

Yes, Sandfort is bad on defense...he provides no rim protection and is liablity on perimeter to get blown by. At least he rebounds
'
Krikke is even worse defender and doesn't rebound very well.

So Fran had two terrible defenders that couldn't play post defense or perimeter defense.

In retrospect, just playing zone and giving up an open 3pt shot at even 40% probability was better than giving up uncontested layup.

Maybe Braun at center and 4 guards would be the best man-to-man defensive lineup with Freeman fouled out and Dimbele injured.

Braun is still learning B1G defense, is pretty strong, little bit on short side for post player. He plays hard though.
His size isn't an issue. He's bigger then Rebraka.......

In my response to your first post, my reasoning was three-fold. To point out that you never foul in that situation, that the Hawks defense resembles soft $hit in a rainstorm, and to try and be funny.

I apologize that it came off kinda douchey. Sincerely, my intention was not to come after you there.
all good! my gif was sincere as I realized after i posted that maybe i opened myself up for some scrutiny. I was just puzzled by letting the clock run before attempting to pressure. Maybe Phil Parker needs to visit a few practices at Carver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT