ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Headline/Story Friday. Watcha got? And what the hell, free likes in here too.

SoProudNole

HR Legend
Jan 19, 2004

Hearing postponed for man accused of taking leg from crash scene​

A man accused of removing a severed leg from a crash scene had a court hearing in Shafter Wednesday during which a pretrial conference was postponed to April 18, records show.

Rosendo Tellez, 27, is charged with removing human remains from a location other than a cemetery, disposing of human remains outside of a cemetery, destroying or concealing evidence and resisting a peace officer.

Investigators reviewed videos witnesses took of Tellez with the leg, which belonged to a person hit by a train as it passed the Amtrak Station in Wasco on March 22.

In one, Tellez briefly brought the leg to his mouth, according to court filings. Another shows him “waving the leg with his right hand and lifting it in the air as to present it,” the filings say.

Nom nom

As that specific article isn't and wasn't the point of this thread, no "Pepsi" has occurred and I award you no "Pepsi" points. But, you'll get a "Like" because that IS one of the points of the thread.

Reactions: Chuck C
This has been fun to follow on local social media:

Moline-Coal Valley school board member Jason Farrell asked to resign​

A Moline-Coal Valley school board member was asked to resign after being accused of misconduct for "catfishing" on dating apps.
On Monday, Jason Farrell, elected to the Moline-Coal Valley school board last April, was asked to submit his written resignation by 8 a.m. on Friday, April 5, in an email from board president Andrew Waeyaert.

"In consultation with the District Superintendent we believe that the alleged actions of last week have severely undermined the public's confidence that the School District can make sound decisions regarding the welfare of children within its care," the email reads. "Given the severity of the accusations and growing concerns about the situation, we believe that it is in everyone's best interests that you resign your position as a Board Member of the Moline-Coal Valley School District. A resignation is not an admission of guilt but rather an opportunity to focus on your personal affairs."

Waeyaert further warns that a failure to resign would lead the district to look at "any available legal options and/or a public rebuke of the actions" Farrell is accused of.​

This comes following recent social media allegations by Matthew Harris, the ex-husband of Farrell’s wife, where he claims Farrell has been "pretending to be (him)" on Tinder. He detailed the accusations in a YouTube video titled, "Moline Coal Valley School Board Member Pretends to be Military Veteran on Tinder."

Farrell has denied the allegations.

"The Moline-Coal Valley School District is a leader in educational excellence in the region. We take this role very seriously, including holding ourselves accountable," Waeyaert said Thursday via email. "The content provided by Mr. Farrell's wife's ex-husband is truly disturbing, not only to the Board but to the larger community as well, and does not represent the Board of Education's values or high standards."

He said the allegations and corroborating video are, "enough to erode the public's trust" in Farrell's ability to make decisions that are in the, "best interests of the students, staff, and community he is supposed to represent."

Contacted by the Quad-City Times/Dispatch-Argus, Farrell offered the following statement:

"I have no intentions of resigning from my school board position. The allegations made against me are false. I have not been charged with any crimes but instead tried solely through social media. My wife and I, with the advice of legal counsel, will explore all of the options we have to respond accordingly to such heinous accusations."
Candace Sountris, spokeswoman for Moline-Coal Valley schools, said the district did not wish to make any additional comments and directed the reporter to Waeyaert.

The next Moline-Coal Valley school board meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 8 at 6 p.m.

Reactions: SoProudNole
Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

Reactions: SoProudNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT