ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't Donald pick Haley?

"Supposedly" and I put supposedly in quotes because who knows, but she wasn't even going to do a speech and only did because Donald was shot.

Also, how dumb are Trump supporters? He vitally needs her voters. Probably not smart to give them a reason to not vote in November.
Donald wasn’t shot! He caught a glass fragment….not a bullet! ;)
At best, Donald was “shot at”…

Yep...what was said was said, can't undue it.

boTH sIdES alert @lucas80 :)

Joe has the same problem with all the D's and MSM questioning his mental acuity. Tough to walk back.

So basically Trump picked a VP that has made many disparaging remarks about the Donald and Joe has members of his own party and friendly media calling for him to step aside.

Interesting campaign season ahead..BoTh SiDes supplying the other with plenty of campaign ad material. Good times.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
If you are of the belief there was anyone Trump was going to pick that the Huey's of the world were not going to find flaws in you are foolish.

He could have picked Mother Teresa and we were going tonget a "this is why she is the devil" thread.

Looking forward to the kamala vs vance debate.

If you are of the belief there was anyone Trump was going to pick that the Huey's of the world were not going to find flaws in you are foolish.

He could have picked Mother Teresa and we were going tonget a "this is why she is the devil" thread.

Looking forward to the kamala vs vance debate.
His own running mate called him Hitler. Certainly we would run down his pick, but why make it easy for us?

Yep...what was said was said, can't undue it.

boTH sIdES alert @lucas80 :)

Joe has the same problem with all the D's and MSM questioning his mental acuity. Tough to walk back.

So basically Trump picked a VP that has made many disparaging remarks about the Donald and Joe has members of his own party and friendly media calling for him to step aside.

Interesting campaign season ahead..BoTh SiDes supplying the other with plenty of campaign ad material. Good times.
You’re allowed to change your mind in this country.

Those shots land much better on Vance than they would with Haley or Rubio. Horrible pick IMO.
The people really bitching about vance are dems, if he would have taken Haley Republicans would have been bitching. Don't think for one second Haley wasn't going to be a "China shill" the moment it was here.

I wanted tulsi myself but it isn't my show. What this does, assuming Trump wins, is gives us a 45ish year old candidate for 28 instead of another 60 year old.

How do you go from thinking someone is Hitler to thinking they should be president?
You say something stupid before they're president, see the job they actually did, and base your new view and opinion on their results not your preconceived notions.

True. Still gives the DNC ad material. It is what it is.
Think of it like picking the true sophomore to be qb2. If he had to go tmrw, he probably isn't ready, and many will wish we would have brought in a "proven back up" but if we navigate this correctly we will get 2 terms/years of a guy who cut his teeth at 39. ( and have a good shot at holding the office for a long run)

Frankly this is a good pick for the politics in America. This will force both parties to move past the dinosaurs.

Dems love Haley- that should tell you something. She is GW with heels, not a fan.
If she was the R candidate she'd be walking away with this thing IMO.

Trump is still a toss up because of the hard ceiling.

Independents would be flocking to Haley. Just my 2 cents :)

I think you are right on the independents aspect but she would have a very hard time with the base. Basically anyone that has paid attention to her stances would not be a giant supporter. Would I vote for her over Biden- yes x1000.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

A Trump/Haley ticket would be lights out for the Dems. Whereas a Trump/Vance ticket will motivate the Dems.

A Trump/Haley ticket would be lights out for the Dems. Whereas a Trump/Vance ticket will motivate the Dems.
SOME truth to that.

I don't think the VP pick i s a deciding factor normaly but in this election...half a percentage pt can make all the difference.

We'll see.

I think Joe tacking to the left is a mistake but we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT