ADVERTISEMENT

Why doesn't the House just censure Trump?

I don't care how he feels about it and it might hurt him more in the election than a failed impeachment in the Senate

I'm sure the DNC holds your opinions in high esteem,... you should call them.

I agree but he will be doing that after the Senate fails to convict him also'
I see impeachment as far more damaging to Trump. It will be a huge trial that Moscow Mitch has no control over. The Dems will be able to rake Trump over the coals in front of the entire nation. And it will force the Cons to squirm being unable to muster a good defense of what Trump did.

being impeached will kill trump emotionally. his narcissism wont handle it well. thats not a reason to impeach. there are many good reasons for it. but censure is a slap, impeachment will be a gut punch for his ego

I see impeachment as far more damaging to Trump. It will be a huge trial that Moscow Mitch has no control over. The Dems will be able to rake Trump over the coals in front of the entire nation. And it will force the Cons to squirm being unable to muster a good defense of what Trump did.

Yep. The open hearings will be torturing. Could be the Turd's taxes SCOTUS ruling (even this top loaded friendly body will reject to hear) will be timed with the hearings for a double whammy. Better to go the impeachment route and put the spineless Rs in the Senate on record voting against the body of evidence presented and create a precedence for prosecuting presidential behavior.

It will also create an additional bookmark for historical records for this deviant serving in the Oval Office.

Why do Republicans hate Pence so much??

Not a Republican but I dislike him because he thinks the people of this country should live their lives based on his beliefs. He would try to push legislation through in accordance with that.

Sleepy Joe, at least he says what his beliefs are, but would not force others to live based on those beliefs.

Reactions: lucas80
"this time Trump actually did something wrong."

And what do they cite as evidence? A freaking poll. Yeah there's nothing wrong with DC

Reactions: HawkNads
No it wouldn't. Not even remotely. Trump would be tweeting like crazy about how he "...backed Down the week House and Nervous Nancy!! #WINNING"

And, yes, the random capitalization and misspelling are noted.
I don’t care how I just want the son of a bitch out of office

Reactions: cigaretteman
Politically, I can't think of a worse move than a move to censure the President, especially after all the talk about impeachment. 75% of all of this would never become public, the GOP would still complain about the process, and Trump and the rest of the GOP would be easily able to sell this as the Dems backing down. It would be a huge victory going into the election year, and would hurt voter enthusiasm for Dems.

Reactions: ft254 and DFSNOLE
being impeached will kill trump emotionally. his narcissism wont handle it well. thats not a reason to impeach. there are many good reasons for it. but censure is a slap, impeachment will be a gut punch for his ego
I think you've eaten too much of your own poop.

Not a Republican but I dislike him because he thinks the people of this country should live their lives based on his beliefs. He would try to push legislation through in accordance with that.

Sleepy Joe, at least he says what his beliefs are, but would not force others to live based on those beliefs.
You do realize Pence's spiritual belief system was generally shared by many Presidents from the founders to Coolidge, Hoover, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and both Bush's.

Wilson and Johnson were evil effers. Not sure about FDR. Obama, well...

You do realize Pence's spiritual belief system was generally shared by many Presidents from the founders to Coolidge, Hoover, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, and both Bush's.

Wilson and Johnson were evil effers. Not sure about FDR. Obama, well...

of course I do. Obama claimed to have those beliefs, but how many tried to force people to live based on their beliefs

You give a guy a warning after being caught speeding while trying to get his pregnant wife to the hospital.

You don't give a guy a warning after being caught speeding while running from the police following a bank robbery.
The Mueller Report was Trump’s warning ticket. Instead of taking it to heart, Trump punched the gas and spit up rocks on the trooper as he fishtailed back onto the highway.

Reactions: SSG T
How does a co-equal branch of government "censure" its co-equal?

By that logic, Trump could censure the House!

And then what?

He used hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money to commit the crime of extortion against a U.S. ally. This needs to be documented in trial. Then, when the GOP acquits him, their cowardice needs to be on the record for history to judge them.

The whole lot of them need to be a source of humiliation to future generations.

Reactions: ft254
He used hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money to commit the crime of extortion against a U.S. ally. This needs to be documented in trial. Then, when the GOP acquits him, their cowardice needs to be on the record for history to judge them.

They are counting on the list being long enough their names will become lost in the weeds. Jesus, they are such cowards. How can they live with themselves? To associate themselves with this criminal, whom BTW is being brought to justice indirectly in court action against Stone, for the purpose of money. Prostitution.

I find it humorous that the right complains that the world has conspired against the Orange Turd, sabotaging his presidency from day 1. The truth is he is incompetent, immature, buffoonish, and has created and caused his problems before his election, and compounded them since with his arrogance, narcissism and belligerence.

But Ukraine got the money, not as much as the Bidens but they got paid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT