ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't Republicans want votes to be counted?

Follow the law as it is written,... If you disagree with how the law is written, change the law.....

Reactions: aflachawk
Follow the law as it is written,... If you disagree with how the law is written, change the law.....

Why in the hell would anyone follow the law when it so easy to get a judge to change it. Maybe people would follow the law if the courts actually enforced the election laws. Florida is a shitshow.

Reactions: obfuscating
Because they were in the lead, democrats would be acting the exact same way if the rolls were reversed. It isn't about "the people" for either of these two parties, it is just about winning.
False equivalency, but not an entirely unfounded opinion. Citizens United must be overturned. The roles of PACs and lobbyists and all that crap need to be limited to whatever extent possible.

False equivalency, but not an entirely unfounded opinion. Citizens United must be overturned. The roles of PACs and lobbyists and all that crap need to be limited to whatever extent possible.

Well when I see most of the people post here it becomes pretty obvious that one group thinks the other group is at fault for our countries ills. Where I differ is I think you are all at fault for your childish like behaviors and thus will just drop straight truths.

And I agree Citizens United needs to be overturned. Not likely with Trumps last two SCOTUS picks.

You must be either a racist or a Russian. Or both. How DARE you suggest election laws should be followed!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

Reactions: Rifler
Well when I see most of the people post here it becomes pretty obvious that one group thinks the other group is at fault for our countries ills. Where I differ is I think you are all at fault for your childish like behaviors and thus will just drop straight truths.

And I agree Citizens United needs to be overturned. Not likely with Trumps last two SCOTUS picks.

Ok, please tell me something Democrats have done that has attributed to this country's ills that wasn't a direct response to something Republicans did to them? And using your logic, why should Democrats just sit there and take it, since that seems to be the approach you prefer?

I agree, the childish tribalism is stupid. I used to plead, like a damn refrain, for people to turn off the TV and the AM radio. They do nothing but sustain the tribal bullshit because it keeps the soap opera alive and thus the eyeballs on the screens and thus the sponsorship money steadily flowing.

Reading partisan stuff—in print, not on a device—is still better than the passive watching/listening behavior. The TV and radio folks have well-crafted deliveries to appeal to their tribe, complimented by super-carefully-crafted video and graphic bits. News and opinion pieces read on a device also suffer from the well-crafted video and graphic bits nested within the content.

Anyways, fvck off for lumping me in with all the other children. Punk. :)

Last edited:
I agree, the childish tribalism is stupid. I used to plead, like a damn refrain, for people to turn off the TV and the AM radio. They do nothing but sustain the tribal bullshit because it keeps the soap opera alive and thus the eyeballs on the screens and thus the sponsorship money steadily flowing.

Reading partisan stuff—in print, not on a device—is still better than the passive watching/listening behavior. The TV and radio folks have well-crafted deliveries to appeal to their tribe, complimented by super-carefully-crafted video and graphic bits. News and opinion pieces read on a device also suffer from the well-crafted video and graphic bits nested within the content.

Anyways, fvck off for lumping me in with all the other children, punk. :)

Well stated.

Ok, please tell me something Democrats have done that has attributed to this country's ills that wasn't a direct response to something Republicans did to them? And using your logic, why should Democrats just sit there and take it, since that seems to be the approach you prefer?

Well instead of democrats and republicans lobbing bombs at one another for the past things they have "done" to the other side, whatever that means, I suggest they act like adults and talk to the American people on how their ideas are different and good for the country. Then, and I know this is a novel idea, they should actually back up what they say they are going to do with drawing up legislation that is what they stated they would work towards. I know that doesn't mean it might not get passed but it will show a level of follow through that is uncommon in today's politics.

Also, if people think Citizens United is such a bad ruling legislation should be put forward to over turn it regardless if the party that is putting it forward has all the votes needed or not.

How dare every vote be counted? Do people think this is a 1st world country?
The question is whether you follow the rules.

What if I went to Georgia tomorrow, identified myself as Hawk8595, handed in an absentee ballot and insisted on it being counted? Should that vote be counted?

Or do you mean all legitimate votes should be counted? I'm in favor of that, and I think that's the position of the Republican Party (although I imagine there are some individual Republicans who would disagree).

The question is whether you follow the rules.

What if I went to Georgia tomorrow, identified myself as Hawk8595, handed in an absentee ballot and insisted on it being counted? Should that vote be counted?

Or do you mean all legitimate votes should be counted? I'm in favor of that, and I think that's the position of the Republican Party (although I imagine there are some individual Republicans who would disagree).

Illegitimate votes should be aborted.

Sorry I mean children, all illegitimate children should be aborted.

Well instead of democrats and republicans lobbing bombs at one another for the past things they have "done" to the other side, whatever that means, I suggest they act like adults and talk to the American people on how their ideas are different and good for the country. Then, and I know this is a novel idea, they should actually back up what they say they are going to do with drawing up legislation that is what they stated they would work towards. I know that doesn't mean it might not get passed but it will show a level of follow through that is uncommon in today's politics.

Also, if people think Citizens United is such a bad ruling legislation should be put forward to over turn it regardless if the party that is putting it forward has all the votes needed or not.

That can't happen when one party's focus is to eliminate the other party. I don't get why you can't see that. Between stealing Supreme Court seats, appointing judges on an obviously ideological basis instead of a qualification basis, rigging voting rules to suppress voters who are likely to vote for the other party, and the dozens of other outrageous actions the Republicans have taken in the last 20 years, Democrats can't just sit back and not do anything about it. At some point, you have to stand up and punch the bully. They still haven't done that, by the way.

Reactions: Hawk8595
That can't happen when one party's focus is to eliminate the other party. I don't get why you can't see that. Between stealing Supreme Court seats, appointing judges on an obviously ideological basis instead of a qualification basis, rigging voting rules to suppress voters who are likely to vote for the other party, and the dozens of other outrageous actions the Republicans have taken in the last 20 years, Democrats can't just sit back and not do anything about it. At some point, you have to stand up and punch the bully. They still haven't done that, by the way.
Wow. Just wow.

How can it be that we have an election, the Republican wins, the Democrat concedes and then votes continue to be counted and the Democrat unconcedes and in this scenario it is the Republican trying to undermine the process? The whole process here is initiated by Democrats who, once again, are refusing to accept the results of an election, just as they did in 2016.

But you don't have to punch the bully, you just need to beat them. So instead of playing the gotcha game they could instead go out make their message better, make their follow through better, and go win. You don't win the minds of people by focusing on the opponents weakness you do it by developing your own strengths, message and messaging.

Regardless if you think Monopolies in business are bad they have been proven to be even worse for our country in our politics. Time to break up the monopolies.

This republican's talk about bipartisan where was it when obamas Supreme Court nominee was trying to get confirmed. Bipartisan only when it fits your narrative. To be honest my hope is the Dems burn the house down before the republican do cause it's goin happen at some point. Only heeling for divide is war so money won't really matter our civil war will lead to another world war. These little battles in Middle East lets a little pressure off but something is going to trigger it and a civil war here could be it.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

Cool,... you are the anti-OIT....

Please, tell me which part of my post was false.

Don't worry man, no one is the anti-OIT, his stuff is comedy gold and a nice distraction from the seriousness of the stuff that gets posted here every day.

Reactions: BioHawk

Great stuff.

Great stuff.

Good to see you are coming around.

Because they were in the lead, democrats would be acting the exact same way if the rolls were reversed. It isn't about "the people" for either of these two parties, it is just about winning.
Hence the 2016 cry fest.

If the law doesn’t allow for all votes to be counted it is clearly unconstitutional. Fortunately marbury vs Madison is still the law of the land despite Matt Whitaker’s view.

Unfortunately, the supreme court has been packed with people who will rubber stamp their approval of this vote suppression. Until proven otherwise, this is a banana republic.

Reactions: dgordo
46007036_938058623051371_4030265764308058112_n.jpg

Unfortunately, the supreme court has been packed with people who will rubber stamp their approval of this vote suppression. Until proven otherwise, this is a banana republic.
ROFLSTC!!

The classic banana republic scene is what's going on in south Florida.

And since you brought it up, a brief interlude is appropriate now....

See Florida in 2000. Gore moved to exclude absentee ballots from being counted as well. its the game that's played by both sides.

Reactions: unIowa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT