ADVERTISEMENT

Why Florida’s cases are going up but deaths are dropping

hawkland14

HR Heisman
Feb 26, 2013
Florida has seen a massive spike of cases in the last 30 days. Knowing that death is a lagging indicator we should start to see a rise in deaths over the last 14 days in the state. What is really happening is that deaths are dropping over the last two weeks when they should be spiking. It’s simple and it’s something people that have been against lockdowns have been saying for awhile. Isolate the elderly and vulnerable and let the rest of society operate with mitigation tactics(SD in public, no large gatherings, etc...) in place that won’t plummet the economy. Florida is our best example of what happens when that strategy is put in place.

Florida has seen a massive spike of cases in the last 30 days. Knowing that death is a lagging indicator we should start to see a rise in deaths over the last 14 days in the state. What is really happening is that deaths are dropping over the last two weeks when they should be spiking. It’s simple and it’s something people that have been against lockdowns have been saying for awhile. Isolate the elderly and vulnerable and let the rest of society operate with mitigation tactics(SD in public, no large gatherings, etc...) in place that won’t plummet the economy. Florida is our best example of what happens when that strategy is put in place.

That...and the fact that they fired the woman accurately recording the deaths and now Florida seems to have a massive outbreak of “pneumonia” deaths rather than coronavirus deaths. But sure...your thing.

That...and the fact that they fired the woman accurately recording the deaths and now Florida seems to have a massive outbreak of “pneumonia” deaths rather than coronavirus deaths. But sure...your thing.
Where are you seeing the massive outbreak in pneumonia cases?

See how long before he unlikes it. Tribe76 has been proven to be full of shit numerous times on this board. I have no clue why anyone believes his Nonsense.

I would imagine that he was part of the reason the FSU board blew up and now we are stuck with some of their nonsense.

Appreciative to have Tradition's PBC posts.

Death and hospital visits are going down. As long as that trend continues I’m ok with the cases going up.

Is Nikki running for re-election right now?
Nikki is paying attention to the criteria set by the Florida DOH and DeSantis' own reopening committee that he is ignoring.

See how long before he unlikes it. Tribe76 has been proven to be full of shit numerous times on this board. I have no clue why anyone believes his Nonsense.

He likes conspiracies.
That...and the fact that they fired the woman accurately recording the deaths

I’m big on accuracy. Can you point me to anything to suggest she was reporting deaths differently at any time?

I’m still curious about the toddler death you said they are hiding. Did that kid at least get an obit?
If you can give me a time frame that the kid died I can try to see they truly went into a black hole or were otherwise categorized.

As a designer, the immediate thing I notice is the top and bottom lines are the exact inverse of one another. Without knowing anything about this graph, I'm guessing it is thus bullshit.

You're a designer?

That's FABULOUS!
Yeah, branding, strategy, graphic design, typography, public art. Good chance you've had my work in your home, or at least had it on the screen of one of your devices, at some point over the last 20 years or so.

Reactions: Finance85
Nikki is paying attention to the criteria set by the Florida DOH and DeSantis' own reopening committee that he is ignoring.
She’s also a Dem. Of course she’s going to come out against him. So far he’s proven his critics wrong about the response (unemployment isn’t part of the response) and has made some of them look foolish.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
She’s also a Dem. Of course she’s going to come out against him. So far he’s proven his critics wrong about the response (unemployment isn’t part of the response) and has made some of them look foolish.
67 out of 68 counties don't meet the criteria set by the DOH and the reopening committee. Why is that so easy to ignore for y'all?

Decrease in ER Visits for COVID-like illness:
Decrease in ER Visits for influenza-like illness:
Decrease in new cases by date:

Reactions: FSUTribe76
67 out of 68 counties don't meet the criteria set by the DOH and the reopening committee. Why is that so easy to ignore for y'all?

Decrease in ER Visits for COVID-like illness:
Decrease in ER Visits for influenza-like illness:
Decrease in new cases by date:
And the death rates continue to decrease. I’m ok with it for now

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
As a designer, the immediate thing I notice is the top and bottom lines are the exact inverse of one another. Without knowing anything about this graph, I'm guessing it is thus bullshit.

That caught my attention, and it could be BS, but the chart shows percentage of cases that are people over 50 vs under 50; so each two plots will always add up to 100%; so the two lines will necessarily be an exact inverse of each other.

And the death rates continue to decrease. I’m ok with it for now
Then why set criteria for moving forward with the reopening if they are just going to be ignored?
No one is advocating to shut down again. Just stop the openings where we are now until your own markers are achieved. It's really pretty simple.

Because the "criteria" decided upon earlier in the crisis might not make any sense today?
Wrong. You're spinning as usual. The criteria was adopted by the committee formed by DeSantis to navigate the reopening. Other than the initial phase, he has summarily ignored it.

Wrong. You're spinning as usual. The criteria was adopted by the committee formed by DeSantis to navigate the reopening. Other than the initial phase, he has summarily ignored it.

We know more about this virus today than we did when "the committee" met.

(not sure why this committee's recommendations should be gospel forever).

Reactions: seminole97
Then why set criteria for moving forward with the reopening if they are just going to be ignored?
No one is advocating to shut down again. Just stop the openings where we are now until your own markers are achieved. It's really pretty simple.
The most important marker, deaths, continues to improve. Why slow it down if you would achieve the same result either way?

We know more about this virus today than we did when "the committee" met.

(not sure why this committee's recommendations should be gospel forever).
First, these were criteria not recommendations. Look up the difference. Second, if they were as outdated as you want to claim, why haven't they been changed?

Keep spinning Tiny Dancer.

First, these were criteria not recommendations. Look up the difference. Second, if they were as outdated as you want to claim, why haven't they been changed?

Keep spinning Tiny Dancer.

Because the death rate keeps falling. That's really the only statistic that means anything.

The most important marker, deaths, continues to improve. Why slow it down if you would achieve the same result either way?
And if cases and ER visits are on the rise, isn't it sensible and logical that deaths will rise as well? You're claim is that they are all mutually exclusive?

That caught my attention, and it could be BS, but the chart shows percentage of cases that are people over 50 vs under 50; so each two plots will always add up to 100%; so the two lines will necessarily be an exact inverse of each other.
Yeah, but seems odd that the cases for people over 50 would be follow the exact inverse trend of the cases for those under 50. I haven't followed the link. But seems highly unlikely, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT