ADVERTISEMENT

Why was Cade in there so long?

This has been a constant for too long. Iowa has no idea how to break in back up qb's.
Disagree. He needs all the reps he can get this early in the season with these guys then throw in Brown next week.

These non cons are the warm up for B1G play. Sullivan has played a lot last year whereas McNamara hasn’t played a lot for two seasons due to injuries.

Disagree. He needs all the reps he can get this early in the season with these guys then throw in Brown next week.

These non cons are the warm up for B1G play. Sullivan has played a lot last year whereas McNamara hasn’t played a lot for two seasons due to injuries.
Ok, I get it but risking injury in a game you have in hand does not make sense to me. Get reps in practice, see what you have behind the starter in case he does go down again.

Why was Cade in there so long?​

thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars

Honestly don't understand why he wasn't pulled for the last two drives. One drive will not make a difference to next weeks game.

This game was a classic example of why you don't yank a guy, why you don't "give someone else a try", why you don't abandon the run, and why you, as Wallace stated, "stick to the gameplan".

Why was Cade in there so long?​

thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars
I know you think I hate you I don’t. And I’m sorry. I’ll stop being a fvcking asshole. This is what I came to post. I think we could be friends.

Game well in hand and injury prone Cade is still in there. That is just nuts.
As others have said ... I completely disagree. We're talking about a guy who has had a ton of rust to shake off. Furthermore, he's trying to execute a new offense too. In this sort of situation ... you want all the reps you can get. The more film you get on yourself, the more self-scouting you can do and the more you can learn!

Agree with all the posts saying he needs the reps if he’s our guy - I don’t necessarily think he should be our guy, though..

..Seemingly EVERY team has a QB that consistently threatens with his legs. Not Iowa..

I’d could easily go all in on Sullivan.

• Haha
Reactions: 2bagger22
Ok, I get it but risking injury in a game you have in hand does not make sense to me. Get reps in practice, see what you have behind the starter in case he does go down again.
I think the injury thing is over played. You can't NOT play the guy because he MAY get hurt. He could get hurt the first play or in a scrimmage in a non contact play like his last two leg injuries. They let him get in a groove and he left the game healthy and brimming with confidence. Just what he needed. I would have pulled him to start the 4th and let Sully throw a couple, but fine. He has played a decent amount of B1G football, so he's not nearly as green as most of our backups have been.

Disagree. Once the Hawks were up 33-0 early in the 4th, Sullivan should have been put in.

Yesterday was the PERFECT chance to get him reps.
I agree. Yes, Cade needs reps, but there wasn't much to gain from keeping him in until the end. Sullivan also needs reps, what with being one play away from being the starter and all.

KF has almost NEVER played his backup QB, and it has cost Iowa plenty over the years. I think this Iowa offense would be just about as good with Sullivan running it. I hope he'll get some meaningful snaps vs. the next ISU and get plenty of playing time vs. Troy.

Reactions: 83Hawk and PAULA_C
Cade can get his reps in practice. I know it won't be quite as good; but, it is better than season ending injury. The 2nd stringer needs some valuable playing time too. A blow-out lead would have been a great time to let him get some game time reps under his belt.

Reactions: 83Hawk
KF - and the offensive staff running his style - doesn't get his backup reps because then he can avoid controversy on the off chance that the backup comes in and looks as good or better than the starter. Hell, he suspended himself for a game to get CM here, for god's sake, so CM is locked into QB1 until he can't play due to injury.

KF is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

esperto-use-your-head.gif

😜

Cade can get his reps in practice. I know it won't be quite as good; but, it is better than season ending injury. The 2nd stringer needs some valuable playing time too. A blow-out lead would have been a great time to let him get some game time reps under his belt.
There's that "let" word again.

Cade can get his reps in practice but the backup can't?

With the score 33-0 Cade was just handing off to the running backs for the most part, hard to get injured doing that although Cade might find a way to wreck and ankle somehow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT