ADVERTISEMENT

Why would a UFO travel tens of millions of miles only to crash on Earth?

I watch History Channel shows like Ancient Aliens, probably too much. It's highly entertaining and I treat it as a sci-fi bubble gum show, but there is also a lot of stuff out there that cannot be explained. Our own US Government is now openly admitting there are UFOs that cannot be explained.

Think of it this way, the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. Life started on Earth about 3.8 billion years ago. Humans first appear in the fossil record about 2 million years ago. That's like the equivalent of 1 minute out of 24-hour day. Humans have not been around that long. Just in the last 100 years of our existence did the technology era start. We were still riding horses a little over 100 years ago. Frankly, we are primitive.

What if there was an advanced civilization that lived on Earth 1 billion years ago that has been lost to time. What if there have been multiple civilizations on Earth that have popped up over its history and humans are just one of many that have come and gone. If humans disappeared today it would take only 10,000 years for all traces of our existence to be wiped from the Earth. There is no way we can prove or disapprove that an ancient civilization occupied the Earth 1 billion years ago, so it is possible.

So, are these UFOs from outer space or are they currently on Earth? Civilizations deep in the ocean depths or hiding under the ice in continent of Antartica? hiding in plain sight?

Einstein showed that time and space are inextricably mixed. What if UFOs aren't from outer space but it is us coming back from the future, or even travelling forward in time from the past?

If humans disappeared today it would take only 10,000 years for all traces of our existence to be wiped from the Earth.

If people have found fossils billions of years old....I am going to guess that there would be plenty of traces of out existence in 10,000 years.

Traces of ancient human civilizations go back hundreds of thousands of years.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
The idea isn't totally stupid. How many dumbass accidents has humanity had over the years of some stupid little mistake that you would think would be below our level of sophistication?? I mean didn't we have a probe fail and crash into Mars because someone failed to convert imperial units to metric ones?

I would not discount it happening at all because we are an intelligent species but still make stupid mistakes that lead to accidents.

I would however say I don't believe it without some significant evidence.

Unmanned recon vehicles would likely be the aircraft. There is no reason the technology couldn’t fail and cause a crash.
Thats the most likely scenario. We've sent many unmanned probes way off into oblivion. Eventually they all probably run into something. It makes sense others across the universe are doing the same.

UFO and extra terrestrial objects don't equate to manned intelligence. For all we know a crashed probe that hits us now could be from a civilization that had a nuclear apocalypse millions of years ago and no longer exists.

I'm in the "want to believe" camp on UFO's. But one of the things that holds me back is the idea of UFO crashes. How could a UFO travel such great distances only to crash on Earth? It seems that UFO's are more prone to crashes than our airliners are. If these UFO crafts are so advanced and sophisticated to traverse the Universe and its many dangers & distances, why do the supossedly crash here on our planet when they reach it? What am I missing?

ET-Women drivers?

I'm in the "want to believe" camp on UFO's. But one of the things that holds me back is the idea of UFO crashes. How could a UFO travel such great distances only to crash on Earth? It seems that UFO's are more prone to crashes than our airliners are. If these UFO crafts are so advanced and sophisticated to traverse the Universe and its many dangers & distances, why do the supossedly crash here on our planet when they reach it? What am I missing?
Because f*** Wisconsin, that's why......

Because tens of millions of miles is like driving to the edge of the driveway when it comes to space? And crashing probably wasn’t part of the plan.

Because tens of millions of miles is like driving to the edge of the driveway when it comes to space? And crashing probably wasn’t part of the plan.
Flick, would it have helped if i had said billions instead of millions?

Due to the magnetic pull of your SIL’s vag. Duh.

I tend to feel the same in regard to alleged visits from extra terrestrials. With that said, there sure are a lot of reputable military personnel coming forward with amazing stories and videos regarding unexplainable encounters.
Unexplainable from the perspective of known aircraft capabilities. There's certainly been secretive advanced aircraft design taking place for decades, likely by multiple countries.

I was listening to Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson. They had David Spergel who's head of the NASA UAP study team. Spergel made a great point. He said (I'm slightly paraphrasing because I don't remember the exact words)

If it's aliens, they either come here and want to be seen, or don't want to be seen. If they want to be seen, they'll land on the White House lawn. If they don't want to be seen, they won't put flashing lights on their craft. And, if they are from an intelligent enough civilization to complete interstellar travel across thousands or millions of light years, they aren't going to crash in a desert.
This. They crash in remote places of the desert bc that's where we're building and testing them.

Lowest bidder?

I tend to feel the same in regard to alleged visits from extra terrestrials. With that said, there sure are a lot of reputable military personnel coming forward with amazing stories and videos regarding unexplainable encounters.
I saw videos of 1 guy, on TV, and he sounded less than credible. Have there actually been "a lot of reputable military personnel"? And are any of them saying anything more than there are some unexplained things?

And if there are unexplained things, why pick aliens as the likely explanation? We already made up God for that purpose. We should stick with Him.

Unexplainable from the perspective of known aircraft capabilities. There's certainly been secretive advanced aircraft design taking place for decades, likely by multiple countries.
One of my best friends is an airline pilot. His dad is a retired airline pilot. He's never personally seen any anonymous activity, but having grown up a legacy pilot and being around them his whole life he said it's kept secret because no one wants to jeopardize their career by sounding like a crackpot conspiracy theorist, but there's definitely UFO stuff most pilots eventually see. However it's not alien or anything, but there is highly advanced stuff that either our government or someone else's has out there.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Go look at the images from the hubble telescope and then zoom in. It is stunning, awe inspiring, and truly humbling. For me it also made perfectly clear it is nothing but hubris to think we are the only planet with life even in this galaxy let alone in the universe. There is zero chance we are alone. Whether that life has made it here or not is a different question.

I watched some of the testimony in Congress about nonhuman life on earth. The people testifying sounded credible and had backgrounds of responsibility where they could conceivably have this kind of knowledge. It still seemed unlikely to me. Too many people would need to keep secrets for what they were claiming to be true. I kept thinking why testify at all. Simply announce a live press conference at a facility with ufos and show the world. If there is nonhuman life some of it has died and samples exist. Show the scientific community in a live way and give the best scientists direct access.

Telling congress means nothing.

Think how complex a machine has to be to survive interstellar/interdimensional space?

The Space Shuttle was man's most complex machine ever and we lost two of them to foam and frozen rubber rings.

5 Guys?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT