ADVERTISEMENT

Wieskamp needs more shots!

Was battling through soreness in his back from that awkward landing a few games back. He gutted this one out and was our leading scorer. He is ascending quickly now that he has caught up with the speed of the game. Game changer having him come in this season.

JoeW is the real deal. I thought he was a little behind a Freshman Gatens early in season, but he's surpassed what Gatens did as Freshman. Joe is able drive to complement his outside game (compared to Gatens). JoeW defense/rebounding also impressive. He's most complete player out of Iowa in my 40+ years of following Iowa B-ball.

Jeff Settles might be comparable for results on court. Hopefully JoeW can stay healthy, unlike what happened to JeffS.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Seriously, All Joe has ever wanted to do is play for the Hawks and be on the floor of Carver. He is living his dream and wants everyone to enjoy it with him.

Speaking of efficiency....how about these numbers.

From the Illinois game on
All shots - 27 of 43 = 63%!
3pt Shots - 15 of 26 = 58%!

AS A FRESHMAN IN THE TOUGHEST LEAGUE IN THE NATION!!!!

ON that last drive to the hoop he made, I thought to myself "Only one defender - that is an easy two" . I don't think anyone can stop him on that baseline one on one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT