ADVERTISEMENT

Wife's uncle is heading to Ukraine

Good for him. Let him play out his soldier fantasy out there instead of trying to act like a badass with guns in the name of freeeedummbbs over here.

if he comes back, maybe he can enlighten his MAGA buddies what real govt tyranny and loss of freedom is like.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
Good for him. Let him play out his soldier fantasy out there instead of trying to act like a badass with guns in the name of freeeedummbbs over here.

if he comes back, maybe he can enlighten his MAGA buddies what real govt tyranny and loss of freedom is like.
That’s your take, huh? SMH. Try cleansing the rot from your brain, please.

That’s your take, huh? SMH. Try cleansing the rot from your brain, please.
Yeah thats my take if he is one of these dummies who complains on facebook about tyranny because of vaccines or masks. He probably has a sweet profile pic of him wearing camo and oakleys also.

Let him play revolutionary where the shit is going down.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I am waiting for the left wing, man bun, keyboard warriors to go put their lifes on the line for what they believe in. Then again I may only live another 30 years so I will never see that.
Most man bun guys are pretty fit and would mop up the floor with an old fatty like you.

Think I know him a little more than you do to make that call. Everyone's gotta have an opinion though. 'Merica
Of course you know him better; but what does that have to do with your post? You say he is going to take up arms to try to help out a country in peril; yet you choose to make fun of the fact he is a “redneck”. If he truly makes it there; which I assume is his plan, and helps them, I presume you will apologize to him for talking shit behind his back on a message board?

Also, you are posting on a message board about this. Are you not thinking people will give you opinions? Or do you only want people to respond who will join you in making fun of him?

Sadly that is acceptable and expected in your version of “‘Merica”.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865
Of course you know him better; but what does that have to do with your post? You say he is going to take up arms to try to help out a country in peril; yet you choose to make fun of the fact he is a “redneck”. If he truly makes it there; which I assume is his plan, and helps them, I presume you will apologize to him for talking shit behind his back on a message board?

Also, you are posting on a message board about this. Are you not thinking people will give you opinions? Or do you only want people to respond who will join you in making fun of him?

Damn, someone has a massive man crush on Redneck Rambo! That’s some heavy duty white knighting. 😍😍

Yeah thats my take if he is one of these dummies who complains on facebook about tyranny because of vaccines or masks. He probably has a sweet profile pic of him wearing camo and oakleys also.

Let him play revolutionary where the shit is going down.
So you’re basically posting replies to something that you made up in your head.
lol. You’re an idiot.

Again, you don't know who he is so you don't know what you're talking about. It's quite repetitive.

Apparently did take his cell phone as he called home to report that he arrived in Poland. Will be interesting from here on out.

Reactions: BelemNole
Not at all. Just amused at the fight over the word “redneck.” Most rednecks I know embrace the title.
That's my point and why it's ridiculous to think I would need to apologize to him for calling him a redneck "behind his back" on an internet forum.

The guy is willing to go to Ukraine to fight against and with people he doesn't even slightly know, yet he's so sensitive that he'd be offended by being called a redneck (which he would embrace)? Jeeze.

How is everyone in this thread not absolutely in praise of this guy? Are we still being fecking petty about stupid American politics? He's stepping into a war zone that could easily get him killed. For a cause that we can all agree on! If you can't support that, than you're utterly pathetic.

So you’re basically posting replies to something that you made up in your head.
lol. You’re an idiot.

I’ve seen a lot of idiots post in this thread and on this board that you dont call out.

but my post stands. Good for him if he wants to fight actual tyranny.

How is everyone in this thread not absolutely in praise of this guy? Are we still being fecking petty about stupid American politics? He's stepping into a war zone that could easily get him killed. For a cause that we can all agree on! If you can't support that, than you're utterly pathetic.
If he can go and be helpful then god bless him. I’m skeptical on how useful a 51 year old with no military training will be but god bless him for trying.

I'm being told by a reliable source he's currently eating the Tremendous Twelve at Perkins, after Sunday Service with family B......er.....I mean he's on his way to Kiev
He's on his way to the Ukraine border. Last I heard, about an hour out.

Bit of a change in plans it sounds.

When he got to the Ukraine border, in order to be allowed entry he had to sign that he would be there for the entire duration of the fight/war. He didn't want to commit to however many days, months or years that would be so he will remain on the Polish side of the border assisting as requested there. I don't know what that entails as of yet.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Bit of a change in plans it sounds.

When he got to the Ukraine border, in order to be allowed entry he had to sign that he would be there for the entire duration of the fight/war. He didn't want to commit to however many days, months or years that would be so he will remain on the Polish side of the border assisting as requested there. I don't know what that entails as of yet.
Drinking vodka and banging eastern euro sloots.

Probably his plan from the jump, sly bastard!

16k foreigners have crossed into Ukraine to fight.

Hope he isn't taking up space just hanging around. Sounds like there's no shortage of Poles, Germans, Romanians helping already.

If he can go and be helpful then god bless him. I’m skeptical on how useful a 51 year old with no military training will be but god bless him for trying.

I’m skeptical as well. The requests I have seen are asking for former military fighters and you must provide proof of service.

The only use for someone with no military experience that is going to the front lines is to catch bullets.

I did not know until this war started, The burgh had the 3 highest Ukrainian population in the United states, with Philly being number 2. My best friend was Lithuanian and every Christmas holiday we, his family drove over to the Lithuanian Club in Dubois, Pa and had a huge Polish meal and a few beers. Good times and made many good friends.

I did not know until this war started, The burgh had the 3 highest Ukrainian population in the United states, with Philly being number 2. My best friend was Lithuanian and every Christmas holiday we, his family drove over to the Lithuanian Club in Dubois, Pa and had a huge Polish meal and a few beers. Good times and made many good friends.
Is Chicago or NYC #1?

Chicago has to be up there.

Must be the old editor in me, but I am skeptical of this story for this reason: At the beginning of the story, it indicates his wife is also in Kyiv, in an apartment building...

While her husband, who now serves on the general staff of the Ukraine army, helps oversee the war against the Russian invaders, Mila, a European democracy activist, remains in their eighth-floor Kyiv apartment with their two children. (One is twenty months old, the other almost three years old.) “I can’t leave,” she said, because each day might be the last one her husband sees their children.

Then, later in the story, there is a tale about how he didn't even tell her he was going into the combat zone, saying he was going to Poland instead:

When Nevstruyev departed Charlotte for Europe, he did not tell his wife that he was heading to the war zone. His cover story was that he would be doing humanitarian work in Poland. She asked, why are you taking a bullet-proof vest? “She knew,” he said. It took him two days to travel the 500 miles from the Polish border to Kyiv, as he and several compatriots came under artillery fire three times.

Something fishy about the story IMO. Unless we are to believe that she somehow packed up the 20-month-old and 3-year-old in Charlotte AFTER her husband left and managed to bring them all into Kyiv with a war raging. Call me skeptical.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
It's over before it even began. Not gonna share my own thoughts but it sounds like he is going to be returning home already. Here is the most recent post as he re-activated his account.

Ok, I'll be first to say it. What was I thinking? First of all, the Ukrainen Territorial Defense Legion is a joke. They misled EVERY person who came over here. They are requiring you to sign a contract which requires you to stay until martial law is lifted. So basically you are property of the Ukraine Army until the very end. None of the veteran or experienced soldiers are signing that. A vast majority of the guys I see going in are young, inexperienced, and nieve. I'm inexperienced but I'm not dumb. I've met guys from all over the world. Good men coming here with good intentions, but it's still a cluster F. Worse yet, I'm at a border crossing and order is breaking down. A woman was just mugged and stabbed outside my building. I'm told there is a 15 km long line of broken down and abandoned cars clogging up the road to the border crossing.

Yeah if I thought I could freelance merc I might be tempted to go over and squeeze off a few Rpg rounds for the Insta stories then tag out and hop back over to my amcestral Poland for the remainder of my PTO. Bet his story gets better with practice the next couple years. He WAS over there. It's the thought that counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT