ADVERTISEMENT

Will Carlos Beltran make the HoF?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Beltran seems to be the headliner of the new nominees. However, he was touched by the Astros scandal.
It's a rather lackluster list of newcomers, unless you are a big fan of Jayson Werth or Bronson Arroyo.

Bronson Arroyo was recently elected to the Reds Hall of Fame, and deservedly so. But he doesn’t belong in Cooperstown.

If Beltran gets in, someone should hide just beyond the tree line at the back of the Clark Sports Center lawn and bang a trash can during his induction speech.

• Haha
Reactions: Tenacious E
I think he has a solid resume for it, but I think the old banging scandal will keep him out for years at minimum.
That is my feeling. He'll have to wait a year or two, but the Astros scandal certainly didn't have the shelf life that steroids did.

That is my feeling. He'll have to wait a year or two, but the Astros scandal certainly didn't have the shelf life that steroids did.
It didn’t, but I think Beltran will pay some added price - he was one of, if not THE ringleader and he’s the one guy who hasn’t been back to a job in baseball. He might wind up being the one guy that bears all the stench from it.

Reactions: lucas80
I thought you profess to having some baseball knowledge, not just a Cubby homer. Guess not. He doesn't compare with these Hall of Famers....?

Player WAR OPS+

C Beltran 70.1 119
A Dawson 64.8 119
B Williams 63.6 133
T Perez 52.0 122
J Rice 47.7 128
H Baines 38.8 121
Better numbers than Jerry Rice. That seals it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT