ADVERTISEMENT

Will MSU beat Oregon?

Yes. I imagine the first time playing them (and at their place) has to be pretty tough. But as we've seen with Stanford, there is a formula and MSU is ideally equipped to beat them.

IIRC, it was extremely hot last year in Oregon for the game and it certainly played a role. What is the forecast for this weekend?

Actually watched the Michigan State game and if Western Michigan didn't drop 2 bombs and a TD pass they may have won that game. I think Vernon Adams is going to have a good day and they beat Sparty.

IMO Michigan State will win and the reason why I think that is because MSU should still have a pretty stout D even though Narduzzi is no longer the DC. I know they didn't do so well in the pass D department against WMU but their run D was very good. Oregon gave up over 500 total yards of O to EWU. Ouch. I think the home crowd will also provide a nice little boost for the Spartans. I imagine Cook will have a very nice game and Oregon might have a little more trouble than they normally do on the ground.

Reactions: B1G
Actually watched the Michigan State game and if Western Michigan didn't drop 2 bombs and a TD pass they may have won that game. I think Vernon Adams is going to have a good day and they beat Sparty.
This. I'm pretty sure Oregon wins this one.

Oregon has so much speed and talent at running backs and receivers they will blow past Mich. State. No Big Ten team can match up to any Pac XII team. A fact of life.

Reactions: MadDogC
Yes. I imagine the first time playing them (and at their place) has to be pretty tough. But as we've seen with Stanford, there is a formula and MSU is ideally equipped to beat them.

IIRC, it was extremely hot last year in Oregon for the game and it certainly played a role. What is the forecast for this weekend?

Supposed to be in the 60s at kick

Oregon has so much speed and talent at running backs and receivers they will blow past Mich. State. No Big Ten team can match up to any Pac XII team. A fact of life.
Have you seen a school in Ohio play? Last I knew they were in B1G and looked fast and talented.

Have you seen a school in Ohio play? Last I knew they were in B1G and looked fast and talented.

OSU ran the ball twice as much as they passed against Oregon...last year Langford was banged up from a bad ankle sprain in week 1, and we had to start a tru frosh in his first game last year in Oregon.

This year, Oregon lost their stud DL to the NFL and our OL is stronger than ever. I suspect we will pound the rock. Also, their transfer QB is no Mariota...yes Oeegon will score but he will make a couple mistakes that Mariota didn't do lat year.

Except Northwestern 16-6 over Stanford.
Carry on troll...

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Sheddie!1 is a really, really bad troll name. Fact of life.

You're right...

500x500

I got:

MSU 31
Ore 28

In a nail biter. I think MSU experience and their ability to pound the ball will help them control the clock.

Michigan St at home by 10 pts. Oregon defense looked terrible last week giving up big points and yardage.
Sparty should be able to dominate the line of scrimmage and establish their run game which will then allow Conner Cook to complete easy passes against the Ducks below average defense.

Here in Oregon it is a lot warmer today and tomorrow than it has been over the last week or so (close to the 90's) and then it cools back down a lot in the coming week again, if that affects the psyche, etc. of Oregon players traveling there.

As much as I detest/hate Dantonio, I sincerely hope that Michigan State wins the game. With that being said, I do not believe that they will win.

The Spartan run-D was as good as ever ... however, WMU totally torched them in the passing game. The "new" Oregon QB passed for a million yards (exaggeration) back when he played for Eastern Washington. So not only will the Spartan D have to slow down a much higher octane run game ... but it will be complemented by a highly capable passer.

To me, the question will boil down to whether MSU can "keep up" on the score board. Maybe - but I doubt it.

No way--PAC# refs defend their own...ask OU...

If youre referring to Oklahoma then I would agree. To this day that is the only game where I honestly believed the refs were throwing the game. That was a travesty. The worst call I have ever seen in sports was there. Oregon kicks and onside kick. The Sooners recover it, Allen Sheppard of Oklahoma stands up holding the ball to show victory. He goes running over to stoops and Bob says give the ball to the official son. He hands it to the official and the refs say 1st down Oregon. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Then they did a review of the onside kick where Dan Fouts (oregon alumn) says oh wow, oregon was clearly off sides and clearly touched the ball after 8 yards. Review says clean play and Oregon ball. Fouts said that's horrible, no excuse for it.

This is the same review booth that did a double overturn. Oregon threw a TD pass. Stoops wanted a review. It was overturned as it was obvious the guy was out of bounds. After they reviewed it and overturned it, Bellotti (Oregon caoch) said he wanted it reviewed again. They did and said TD Oregon.

Oregon's final drive after the ridiculously blown onside kick they called 2 pass interferences on Oklahoma that weren't even close and the camera showed stoops and he knew the fix was in.

Reactions: MadDogC
I don't see Oregon being able to stop MSU enough to win. Gave up 42 pts and 550 yds last week at home. MSU will be able to put enough stops together and that will be the difference.

If youre referring to Oklahoma then I would agree. To this day that is the only game where I honestly believed the refs were throwing the game. That was a travesty. The worst call I have ever seen in sports was there. Oregon kicks and onside kick. The Sooners recover it, Allen Sheppard of Oklahoma stands up holding the ball to show victory. He goes running over to stoops and Bob says give the ball to the official son. He hands it to the official and the refs say 1st down Oregon. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Then they did a review of the onside kick where Dan Fouts (oregon alumn) says oh wow, oregon was clearly off sides and clearly touched the ball after 8 yards. Review says clean play and Oregon ball. Fouts said that's horrible, no excuse for it.

This is the same review booth that did a double overturn. Oregon threw a TD pass. Stoops wanted a review. It was overturned as it was obvious the guy was out of bounds. After they reviewed it and overturned it, Bellotti (Oregon caoch) said he wanted it reviewed again. They did and said TD Oregon.

Oregon's final drive after the ridiculously blown onside kick they called 2 pass interferences on Oklahoma that weren't even close and the camera showed stoops and he knew the fix was in.
Yes, and the Pac-13 (or whatever the number is now) was/is the only conference to mandate only their officiating crews will do inter-conference games. Of course, every other conference lets the visiting team's conference supply them.

Also, had OU won the Pac-10 wouldn't have gotten two BCS reps that year--or at least that was probably why they wanted to rig that game...

Glad MSU was able to beat Bandwagon U. But still can't stand D'antonio.

Great win for the big ten, even better win for MSU. This, and the Baylor win prove MSU is in the elite. Maybe not 100% necessary, but it goes a long way, and a much needed big win from outside tOSU this year. This should set up a 10-0 matchup for b10 east, maybe even 1 vs 2. It's unfortunate that the b10 is top heavy, but maybe this will let Iowa slip into the second tier, that Wisconsin has been clinging to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT