ADVERTISEMENT

Will the NYT Call for Biden's Impeachment?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
They made the case when Trump called Ukraine to help him with an election. Saudi's confirming he wanted a one month delay regardless of the negative impact on the economy. Feel free to read and ignore all the similarities.

Here's what the NYT said then about why Trump should be impeached.

Abuse of Power​

The first article of impeachment written by House Democrats alleges that in order to benefit his re-election, Mr. Trump used the power of his office to solicit Ukraine to announce investigations into his political rivals.​

“President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents within and outside the United States Government — corruptly solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations …”

God no. Be careful what you wish for ... the alternative (Kamala) would be much worse. Like I said in another thread, we need to keep this guy upright until 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
They made the case when Trump called Ukraine to help him with an election. Saudi's confirming he wanted a one month delay regardless of the negative impact on the economy. Feel free to read and ignore all the similarities.

Here's what the NYT said then about why Trump should be impeached.

Abuse of Power​

The first article of impeachment written by House Democrats alleges that in order to benefit his re-election, Mr. Trump used the power of his office to solicit Ukraine to announce investigations into his political rivals.​

“President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents within and outside the United States Government — corruptly solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations …”

The … there is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Good grief.

Here’s the actual article of impeachment. Just a few hundred words omitted, including conditioning American aid on Ukraine launching investigations.

i can’t speak on what they will do but here i will do it for them.

State Department clears weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, UAE

State Department clears weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, UAE​

I'm sure this is not connected in any way.

did they threaten the Saudi’s and say we would withhold weapons if they didn’t comply? if not these aren’t even close to being the same thing.
Well...he's promising "Consequences". Whatever that is. Could be worse, couldn't it?

Do you think there's any chance the NYT will dig any deeper than the surface to find any of that out?
i can’t speak on what they will do but here i will do it for them.

State Department clears weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, UAE

State Department clears weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, UAE​

So basically nothing was used as leverage to try to get the delay and unsurprisingly OPEC did not comply with a polite request.

Sorry but nothing impeachable here. Keep trying Faulty Gator.

So basically nothing was used as leverage to try to get the delay and unsurprisingly OPEC did not comply with a polite request.

Sorry but nothing impeachable here. Keep trying Faulty Gator.
President using status to try to get a foreign country (he called a pariah) to help his party win an election by doing something that will have a negative impact on the economy. You have to be incredibly obtuse and willfully ignorant to pretend that wouldn't have been a big deal under Trump.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm sure this is not connected in any way.

Again that's not the same thing.

Ukraine had a congressionally authorized vote to provide Ukraine with aid, it was just the job of the executive branch to make sure that aid got to Ukraine. Trump threatened to withhold it, that is taking authority that he doesn't have. The law already passed, you have to abide by it. The law says the executive branch should get this aid to Ukraine. He is breaking the law by trying to withhold it for any reason.

Discouraging companies from investing in Saudi Arabia. First of all that's nothing other then simple requests which has no power of government attached to it. He's not threatening to arrest people or fine companies that don't comply with his request. The DOJ isn't trumping up charges against them because they didn't listen to him.

Trump could have legally speaking tried to request companies don't do business with Ukraine. That's legal. But he didn't do that, he tried to use governmental power via the withholding of aid in violation of the law to do it.

Also lets not forget there is a major moral difference between Saudi Arabia who is a absolutist theocratic monarchy and Ukraine which is a democracy.

Again that's not the same thing.

Ukraine had a congressionally authorized vote to provide Ukraine with aid, it was just the job of the executive branch to make sure that aid got to Ukraine. Trump threatened to withhold it, that is taking authority that he doesn't have. The law already passed, you have to abide by it. The law says the executive branch should get this aid to Ukraine. He is breaking the law by trying to withhold it for any reason.

Discouraging companies from investing in Saudi Arabia. First of all that's nothing other then simple requests which has no power of government attached to it. He's not threatening to arrest people or fine companies that don't comply with his request. The DOJ isn't trumping up charges against them because they didn't listen to him.

Trump could have legally speaking tried to request companies don't do business with Ukraine. That's legal. But he didn't do that, he tried to use governmental power via the withholding of aid in violation of the law to do it.

Also lets not forget there is a major moral difference between Saudi Arabia who is a absolutist theocratic monarchy and Ukraine which is a democracy.
Bingo. Another idiotic thread. Checks OP. Ahh.

President using status to try to get a foreign country (he called a pariah) to help his party win an election by doing something that will have a negative impact on the economy. You have to be incredibly obtuse and willfully ignorant to pretend that wouldn't have been a big deal under Trump.

It's going to hurt the economy either today or a month from now. The when doesn't change how much it hurts the economy. In fact Biden was slightly benefiting us because we would have had an extra month without cuts. Now of course the cynic in me knows he was trying to hold the problem off until the election. But that extra month would have still been nice. . . not like it hurts the economy more if they hold off for a month.

Trump doing this with no power of government behind it, just a simple request would not have made Trump's top 10,000 most corrupt things he's ever done. It would get mentioned for like 4 hours until Trump did something even more corrupt and quickly forgotten about.

I've said it many times...Biden can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned, because even with dementia, he's a better choice than kamala.

we will talk if he does something in retaliation before the midterms.
Trump didn't do anything to Ukraine. Your issue a minute ago was the threat of something. Now that I showed you a threat, your tune has changed. Seems you and ciggy now have moved that goalpost. Maybe he'll give me a like now.

Trump didn't do anything to Ukraine. Your issue a minute ago was the threat of something. Now that I showed you a threat, your tune has changed. Seems you and ciggy now have moved that goalpost. Maybe he'll give me a like now.

haha you are trying so hard but you know it’s not the same thing. he didn’t threaten to withhold anything between the governments which was the point from the get go. talk about moving the goalposts.

Reactions: BelemNole
I don’t think they’re the same thing, but close enough that future conversations remotely linking anything to timing of US elections should be avoided.

He threatened to withhold congressionally authorized aid that he was required by law to distribute to them.

haha you are trying so hard but you know it’s not the same thing. he didn’t threaten to withhold anything between the governments which was the point from the get go. talk about moving the goalposts.
So, let's get this right. You and the rest of the nits here are totally fine going forward with Presidents asking foreign adversaries to help them with upcoming elections. Swell. And when it comes to impeachments, the NYT is the president of the hair splitting convention. Fantastic.

So, let's get this right. You and the rest of the nits here are totally fine going forward with Presidents asking foreign adversaries to help them with upcoming elections. Swell. And when it comes to impeachments, the NYT is the president of the hair splitting convention. Fantastic.
I love when OP's CTE flares up.....

it's laughable that the op can't tell the difference in a president trying to make things look better at a midterm vs actual extortion. Extortion with what purpose/benefit to the USA?
Then later Russia invades??? yep not different then asking opec to delay cuts......WTF

The President is asking OPEC to delay cuts in oil production. If they do cut production our gas prices go up. You're basically saying that Biden trying to keep gas prices low is an impeachable offense. That is absurd.

The President is asking OPEC to delay cuts in oil production. If they do cut production our gas prices go up. You're basically saying that Biden trying to keep gas prices low is an impeachable offense. That is absurd.
NYT says it’s an impeachable offense if you go by what they said about Trump.

NYT says it’s an impeachable offense if you go by what they said about Trump.
But the two situations are not the same so you are taking their words totally out of context. And again, you are bitching that Biden is trying to keep gas prices low. Think about that.

Reactions: steelhawkeye
The whole Saudi thing boils down to Joe calling them a "pariah" a few months back and then the recent "fist bump" trip did not go well either. Saudi, and the rest of OPEC for that matter, is now basically telling Biden to suck it through a straw.

The Republicans would be stupid wasting any time on the impeachment stuff ... the Dem Party and then the rest of America can determine that in 2024.

Last edited:
It's often difficult to tell if the OP is genuine or just trolling when he tries to do the "both sides", "what about this somewhat similar thing that I will pretend is equivalent?" type posts. I can appreciate the desire and satisfaction of pointing out hypocrisy by shoving equivalencies back in someone's face, but it's only effective if the thing your shoving is actually equivalent. If they are dissimilar enough, the effect is gone, and you become the joke.

Similar to the genuine vs trolling question is whether it's also the mark of a great troll or a sad existence.

But the two situations are not the same so you are taking their words totally out of context. And again, you are bitching that Biden is trying to keep gas prices low. Think about that.
You mean like you complained about DeSantis extending voting for hurricane victims yesterday? Lol. Funny Huey. Didn’t know you were so against early voting!

Why would delaying a cut in oil production have a negative impact on the economy?

Reactions: Huey Grey
You mean like you complained about DeSantis extending voting for hurricane victims yesterday? Lol. Funny Huey. Didn’t know you were so against early voting!
I'm for early voting for everybody. Not just who DeSantis wants to vote early. Again, your inability to see the difference is astounding which is why I hope you're just trolling here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT