ADVERTISEMENT

Will we ever be a cashless society?

I hope not.....then I would never be able to "make it rain" ever again.

Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

Maybe not officially, but to the point where it’s difficult to do business if you just have cash?

No I think this is as far as it goes.

The card swiping companies take like 2% or whatever of each transaction. So the businesses would probably rather you pay in cash.

And for business between individuals cash is generally going to be king there.

Unless those things change I don't think a cashless society is likely to happen.

The card swiping companies take like 2% or whatever of each transaction. So the businesses would probably rather you pay in cash.

Unless those things change I don't think a cashless society is likely to happen.
Businesses charge the 2% to the customers. More and more events are going to cashless. The Tyson events center in Sioux City is going cashless. I believe the Wells Fargo/Casey's center in Des Moines is also. I know the parking is. I think some retail businesses could follow suit.

Hell, a food a truck I went to the other day was card only, no cash. Maybe the old man in me is showing, but I don’t think I like the idea of a completely cashless society, even though I think it’s coming.

Outside of the barbershop I go to and an occasional youth sporting event… can’t think of a single time I’ve used cash in a couple of years.

There might be some businesses that are hurt by credit cards but they are highly valuable to most.

Studies show people spend more when using a card as opposed to cash.

If you take checks you have to deal with bad ones. Cash and you have to deal with a robbery or employees stealing from you. If the transactions are over $10k you must deal with federal reporting.

Easier to embrace the use of cards and pass along the discount fee if possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT