ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Shaw Announcing Sunday

hawkquiz

HR All-State
Jan 27, 2007
3 Star RB Willie Shaw, Brother Rice Chicago, is announcing his decision on Sunday. I think maybe we have moved on, haven't heard much on him? He has 3 schools listed as High on his choice on Rivals.
Illinois, Nebraska, and Toledo. 9 total offers, Hawks were one of those, and looks like he visited a few times.

3 Star RB Willie Shaw, Brother Rice Chicago, is announcing his decision on Sunday. I think maybe we have moved on, haven't heard much on him? He has 3 schools listed as High on his choice on Rivals.
Illinois, Nebraska, and Toledo. 9 total offers, Hawks were one of those, and looks like he visited a few times.
Visited early on, but wasn't invited to either of Iowa's junior days this year he told us.

Are we looking at taking 2 backs though? Seems like we should be.

Sargent is the only senior running back on the roster. After that, it looks like this:

Goodson so
IKM redshirt jr
Byrd redshirt fr
Gavin Williams true fr
Leshon Williams true fr

That’s five scholarship guys returning in 2021 (knock on wood). Add another in this recruiting class (come on, Ricky Parks!) and you’ve got 6. There’s only so many carries to go around.

Sargent is the only senior running back on the roster. After that, it looks like this:

Goodson so
IKM redshirt jr
Byrd redshirt fr
Gavin Williams true fr
Leshon Williams true fr

That’s five scholarship guys returning in 2021 (knock on wood). Add another in this recruiting class (come on, Ricky Parks!) and you’ve got 6. There’s only so many carries to go around.
Yeah I get, you redshirt one of the backs you take. I say take 2.

Yeah I get, you redshirt one of the backs you take. I say take 2.

I guess? I can't think of a time we've had so many runningbacks on scholarship at Iowa. I didn't include Sam Evans, who will likely change positions or transfer. That's 7 scholarship RBs in 2020 if he comes back in the fall. I think we're kinda set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT