ADVERTISEMENT

Win Sunday get #7 seed in Big 10 tourney

I want Illinois. Think we can beat them. Get to beat a fellow bubble team, show the committee we belong over them.

And even if we lose it means Illinois probably keeps Groce, which I'm all for.

There it is. Agree. 8/9 Iowa Illinois game for NCAA bid will be........epic.

Reactions: bulletproof90
I want Illinois. Think we can beat them. Get to beat a fellow bubble team, show the committee we belong over them.

And even if we lose it means Illinois probably keeps Groce, which I'm all for.

I hear you but we want Iowa to win as many games as possible at this point. If Iowa wins over PSU, Hawks get the 7 seed and would not play Illinois, but OSU. I'll take meeting Illinois in the finals :)

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Just need to keep winning, and a 7 seed gives us a better chance to do that. I have hated Illannoy for a long time, but they are a tougher match up for the Hawks than OSU. Right now, Purdue and maybe the Goofers are the teams you don't want to play after Friday.

Last edited:
I just don't want to play Michigan State. I've got PTSD from 2012/13.

Watching BTN post game show. Said if they beat Maryland get 3 seed and lose end up 6 I believe. So luckily I don't think we would play them in one of first 2 games as I think Sparty and Purdue are bad matchups for us. And dan I don't know if I was more angry after a game especially with the officials between that game in big 10 tourney or Minnesota one this year.

Reactions: DanL53
Watching BTN post game show. Said if they beat Maryland get 3 seed and lose end up 6 I believe. So luckily I don't think we would play them in one of first 2 games as I think Sparty and Purdue are bad matchups for us. And dan I don't know if I was more angry after a game especially with the officials between that game in big 10 tourney or Minnesota one this year.

I have always thought Valentine stole an NCAA invite from us. And right when the team was hot. Minny this year, I've seen enough of that crud to be used to it. I was watching Duke this week and somebody yelled timeout, back to the official. They got the timeout. No way we shouldn't have gotten one but that it was ignored on purpose. :mad: But, like I say, I'm used to it in the regular season. But the BTT? When stuff is on the line!?!?

I'll never forgive the Big Ten for protecting Michigan State like that.

I have always thought Valentine stole an NCAA invite from us. And right when the team was hot. Minny this year, I've seen enough of that crud to be used to it. I was watching Duke this week and somebody yelled timeout, back to the official. They got the timeout. No way we shouldn't have gotten one but that it was ignored on purpose. :mad: But, like I say, I'm used to it in the regular season. But the BTT? When stuff is on the line!?!?

I'll never forgive the Big Ten for protecting Michigan State like that.

So true we win and in the tourney that year is what made it so painful. First half played so well then 2nd half let some assaults happen. That 2nd half if you want to call it officiating by valentine was a joke. Love how he hasn't done an Iowa game since.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
IF we beat PSU do we want OSU, IU, or UN? OSU has better RPI, but does that matter? Can we get to NCAA without winning on Friday too? If not, then I think we want Nebraska.

So true we win and in the tourney that year is what made it so painful. First half played so well then 2nd half let some assaults happen. That 2nd half if you want to call it officiating by valentine was a joke. Love how he hasn't done an Iowa game since.
Remember the national voices complaining in Iowa's favor about how Aaron White cleanly blocked (I don't remember who) with a minute left from three? I still have nightmares.

Haven't seen anything official but looking at the standings and head to head results of IA-MI-MSU-NW, I don't see any scenario in which an Iowa win Sunday wouldn't put them in the #7 seed.
Iowa is currently tied with Michigan for 7th place. If both win, Iowa has the tie breaker over Michigan and would finish 7th, An Iowa win against Penn St. does guaranty a 7th place finish.

Haven't seen anything official but looking at the standings and head to head results of IA-MI-MSU-NW, I don't see any scenario in which an Iowa win Sunday wouldn't put them in the #7 seed.
Iowa is currently tied with Michigan for 7th place. If both win, Iowa has the tie breaker over Michigan and would finish 7th, An Iowa win against Penn St. does guaranty a 7th place finish.

The head-to-head tiebreaker over Michigan is obvious. What I thought could get dicey is if Michigan State or Northwestern lost resulting in a three or four way tie. But since it looks like Michigan loses tiebreakers to them also they would definitely fall to the number eight in that situation too.

If we don't beat Penn State, nothing else matters. Take 'em one at a time now.
Penn State is a dangerous team, and if we don't play our best, we will get stung

Always the right advice. At least the game is in Carver.
I think Jok will have a big game on Senior Day. It should be a tremendous crowd at Carver on Sunday.

In many ways the biggest game of the season.....gotta keep winning now to have a shot at the Big Dance or a good seed in the Little Dance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT