ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky Injuries Piling Up

Packer54

HB All-American
Mar 30, 2014
They are now without 3 OL starters for the balance of the year and Wheelwright will be lost for MOST of the balance of the regular season. I don"t see them having any problems with Rutgers but their schedule just became a little more challenging.

I hope they lose the rest of their games.

images

Reactions: hawkit3113
And weve been out 2 OL starters and our #1 receiver and #1 rb for how many weeks?

"Experts" looking for excuses to their wrongness.

They are now without 3 OL starters for the balance of the year and Wheelwright will be lost for MOST of the balance of the regular season. I don"t see them having any problems with Rutgers but their schedule just became a little more challenging.

Don't relish in injuries (these are human beings) but would be nice to get a bit of breathing room for the division title. Only possibilities I see for Wisconsin losing are the last two, home with Northwestern and at Minnesota. Gophers may have been ground into pulp by that time after playing Michigan, @OSU, @Iowa, home with Illinois.

At programs like Wisconsin, losing Offensive Linemen doesn't really matter. They're always going to reload there. The guys are coached well and know that if they perform, they're going to the NFL.

Wisconsin, like Iowa, sees their quality of play drop when the skill position players get injured.

Reactions: Carlton
Problem for them is they were thin at O line to begin with. This is not the normal depth at Wisky. They were having trouble running the ball before they started dropping like flies.

....Now watch national media get all over their jock for battling through injuries.
The physics of today's football are incredible- it is surprising to me that there are not more injuries. Every team has them and their occurrence doesn't spread evenly over the season or by position. Iowa has been no exception, an easy example would be at running back.
That said I would say that the WI coaching staff (most of whom are new to these players), especially on the offensive side, has done a very nice job keeping them winning to date. Badgers are not like OSU, where there are lots of 4/5* guys in depth chart. It was remarkable @ Illinois how much of the scoring was done by walk-ons. I don't think some media recognition would be unwarranted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT