ADVERTISEMENT

With IOWA winning the BIG10 Track championship,

While I was there watching on Saturday and Sunday, I kept wondering how Tristan would do in the weight events. He was a GREAT high school thrower...

they have the track roster on HawkeyeSports but it doesn't look like there is anyone from the FB team. Didn't see Ogwo whoever it was that left FB for track a couple years ago.

they have the track roster on HawkeyeSports but it doesn't look like there is anyone from the FB team. Didn't see Ogwo whoever it was that left FB for track a couple years ago.

Ogwo transferred to school inTexas but did run track for year.
I am sure some football players would help but Woody has built track program without them and doing well obviously

this could be iowa's best year ever in the Capitol One cup... Football won a bowl, basketball made tournament, women's elite 8, track big ten champ, wrestling finished second or third or something high, gymnastics is good, I don't know much about the other non-revenue sports....

this could be iowa's best year ever in the Capitol One cup... Football won a bowl, basketball made tournament, women's elite 8, track big ten champ, wrestling finished second or third or something high, gymnastics is good, I don't know much about the other non-revenue sports....

Both swim teams sucked. Why Marc Long continues to be employed....wait, Barta.

Reactions: GhostAppendage
Got me thinking.........

Are there any football guys on the track squad?

Also, who would you say is the fastest current Hawkeye FB player?
Maybe ISM ???

Congrats to Joey Woody and his boys !!
Iowa competing in any olympic sport besides wrestling is tough and takes great coaching.
With that said winning the Big 10 track is like being the tallest pygmy.

Well, I think it's terrific that the Hawkeyes took the B10 championship!

And still wondering who might be the Fastest football guy, right now?

Go Hawks :)

Iowa competing in any olympic sport besides wrestling is tough and takes great coaching.
With that said winning the Big 10 track is like being the tallest pygmy.

Maybe, but Ohio State, to name one BIG school, has a long tradition of excellent track and field teams. A long, long time ago they even had a kid named Jesse Owens. I hear he did OK.

There are 14 teams in the BIG, and Iowa's track team is better than the rest. No need to rag on them for that.

Maybe, but Ohio State, to name one BIG school, has a long tradition of excellent track and field teams. A long, long time ago they even had a kid named Jesse Owens. I hear he did OK.

There are 14 teams in the BIG, and Iowa's track team is better than the rest. No need to rag on them for that.
Aha, Northwestern does not have either men's or women's track and field team.

I have no idea what Iowa's best finish has been, but it sure would be nice if they could actually finish in the top 50 nationally and in single digits in the B1G in Director's Cup rankings, because I don't think they've been there under GB. Very happy for the track team and some of the new-found success in other programs, but Iowa sports top to bottom still has a ways to go.

Both swim teams sucked. Why Marc Long continues to be employed....wait, Barta.

^^^This

Well, I think it's terrific that the Hawkeyes took the B10 championship!

And still wondering who might be the Fastest football guy, right now?

Go Hawks :)
I thought one of the coaches said ISM was the fastest guy last year but I may be wrong. ISM was a state champ hurdler I believe and I imagine could run 4.39 on a good day. We have alot of good athletes right now with good football speed/directional quickness but only a few straight line burners. Gavin Williams will instantly be 1 or 2 when he joins the team. We've only had a few home run running backs under Ferentz and Williams will be right up there with Canzeri, Wegher, Lewis.

Last edited:
I thought one of the coaches said ISM was the fastest guy last year but I may be wrong. ISM was a state champ hurdler I believe and I imagine could run 4.39 on a good day. We have alot of good athletes right now with good football speed/directional quickness but only a few straight line burners. Gavin Williams will instantly be 1 or 2 when he joins the team. We've only had a few home run running backs under Ferentz and Williams will be right up there with Canzeri, Wegher, Lewis.

Canzeri was home run RB? I must have missed those games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT