ADVERTISEMENT

Without comment

end of human species and the final bankruptcy of social security are on a collision path.

Last edited:
Reactions: SIXERS24
I kind of care, but not enough to do anything about it. I mean, I recycle and respect the planet as best I can, but let’s be real. What difference will it make at this point? We’re probably fvcked. Hell, we could be the 8th or 9th iteration of human civilization this planet has seen. Billions of years, we’re here for a blink of an eye.

I kind of care, but not enough to do anything about it. I mean, I recycle and respect the planet as best I can, but let’s be real. What difference will it make at this point? We’re probably fvcked. Hell, we could be the 8th or 9th iteration of human civilization this planet has seen. Billions of years, we’re here for a blink of an eye.

You are probably not wrong. But I tend to sleep better knowing that I'm not part of the problem. Getting solar quotes this summer.

Agree with solar, what can I really do, personally, to make a difference? Nothing really, so my mind wanders into how to adapt to it

My wife (no pics) and I have been recently taking about building a house. This article made me think about scraping a traditional wood frame build and going to a steel framed structure… because I do full heartedly agree that storms will become worse and worse, so I think I’d want a structure that can withstand as much as possible. And of course have backup power sources, etc

Reactions: SolarHawk
Oh look, now he cares where people live.
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Reactions: TC Nole OX
I thought it was established that I'm a POS Ames resident.
T’s and Ps. Hit me up when you’re ready to look into it. I’ll give you any info you need and answer any questions you might have. My company is licensed in Iowa now also just fyi.

T’s and Ps. Hit me up when you’re ready to look into it. I’ll give you any info you need and answer any questions you might have. My company is licensed in Iowa now also just fyi.
What is the price range. I know some folks here in town that actually get paid back for adding to the grid

I held the the same view. I was born in 1973 and grew up watching the nightly news in the 80s during the Cold War and every night it started out with some sort of nuclear threat from the Soviet Union. Scary shit. I eventually grew callous to the thought of mutual assured destruction and just said **** it. Then I had kids and they ****ed up my coping mechanism.

I’m curious where electricity comes from? Do we manage China or Indias emissions? How about the countries with ports in Africa on the new Silk Road?

I held the the same view. I was born in 1973 and grew up watching the nightly news in the 80s during the Cold War and every night it started out with some sort of nuclear threat from the Soviet Union. Scary shit. I eventually grew callous to the thought of mutual assured destruction and just said **** it. Then I had kids and they ****ed up my coping mechanism.
Stupid kids ruin everything 😂

I for one am enjoying the hell out of my new Mazda CX-5 Carbon Turbo that has sucky gas mileage but lots of ZOOM-ZOOM!

I smile every time I push that START button and she enthusiastically roars to life.

I for one am enjoying the hell out of my new Mazda CX-5 Carbon Turbo that has sucky gas mileage but lots of ZOOM-ZOOM!

I smile every time I push that START button and she enthusiastically roars to life.
I assume this is some sort of sex doll?

We could hit 3C by 2050 - the warming is accelerating. We'll definitely hit it before 2100. But what the hell - we won't be around to see what we did so fvck it.

end of human species and the final bankruptcy of social security are on a collision path.
The ‘bankruptcy’ of SS just means they’ll have about 77 cents to pay out for each dollar they should. So they’ll do what they’ve done in the past to raise taxes and/or reduce benefits.

A shitty deal will just become a shittier deal, it won’t ever die.

You are probably not wrong. But I tend to sleep better knowing that I'm not part of the problem. Getting solar quotes this summer.

Not enough, you'll still be part of the problem,.. but perhaps you'll sleep better.

The ‘bankruptcy’ of SS just means they’ll have about 77 cents to pay out for each dollar they should. So they’ll do what they’ve done in the past to raise taxes and/or reduce benefits.

A shitty deal will just become a shittier deal, it won’t ever die.
I agree with you…. But isn’t it suspicious?

I agree with you…. But isn’t it suspicious?
Short of meteor event end of humanity isn’t in the cards.
I don’t want any part of being a post-apocalyptic tribesman scraping a living in nuclear winter, so I’m hoping we don’t go the WW3 route.
Naked and Afraid can be entertaining to watch, but I’m not interested in living it.

it's not the end of the human species

it's the threats to the literal trillions of dollars of investments we made in communities over the decades that are going to feel the impacts of climate change

humans as a species will be fine, just like earth as a planet will be fine

countries and communities whose power and influence in the world depends on their advanced development and financial capacity may not be

Reactions: billanole
What's suspicious?,.. it's just math.
Maybe the Rockefellers and such calculated the end of time for humans and created a path to distribute as much wealth as possible.

The idea was hatched in the Industrial Revolution by Freemasons, Rockefellers, and put into play with the social security act.

Maybe the Rockefellers and such calculated the end of time for humans and created a path to distribute as much wealth as possible.

The idea was hatched in the Industrial Revolution by Freemasons, Rockefellers, and put into play with the social security act.

I think you need another cup of coffee...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT