ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA REFS

The potential amount of material for this thread could break the internet.

If it was traveling then the Sun got royally screwed. Otoh, Mitchell got her jersey tugged which could've caused her to stumble. Plus she did dribble it to the floor where the ball remained for a sec before she picked it up.

Mabrey went to the floor with the ball and wasn't called either. Lots of laxity there in the W.

The fever suns game. That may have been the worst ref'd game I have ever watched. What the hell is traveling and do officials make up rules as they go. Mitchell falls down never touched. How the hell isn t that traveling? These refs shouldn t ref a grade school game.
I think the number one thing which drives me crazy is defenders being allowed to body check people impeding freedom of movement and while other defenders are whistled for grazing another players back with a hand swipe on a layup. It also seems like people are allowed to change their pivot foot when posting up in the paint.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
The fever suns game. That may have been the worst ref'd game I have ever watched. What the hell is traveling and do officials make up rules as they go. Mitchell falls down never touched. How the hell isn t that traveling? These refs shouldn t ref a grade school game.
The whistle blew before she actually traveled, so when they reviewed it, they saw there was no foul, but they couldn’t call a travel because they had blown the whistle before the travel….the refs are terrible, but they actually got that call right.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
I think the number one thing which drives me crazy is defenders being allowed to body check people impeding freedom of movement and while other defenders are whistled for grazing another players back with a hand swipe on a layup. It also seems like people are allowed to change their pivot foot when posting up in the paint.
They also allow the ball handlers to push off all the time (Caitlin does it as well)….however, if they would just call the defenders for grabbing and holding the ball handler, then the ball handlers wouldn’t have to push off. They don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between physicality and just plain bad basketball….they allow bad basketball under the guise of physicality.

They also allow the ball handlers to push off all the time (Caitlin does it as well)….however, if they would just call the defenders for grabbing and holding the ball handler, then the ball handlers wouldn’t have to push off. They don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between physicality and just plain bad basketball….they allow bad basketball under the guise of physicality.
By my old eyes test, I believe CC is getting better at using her body more and less with her off hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT