ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA

Because the WNBA has no where near the popularity as the college game, at least not yet.
This is my feeling. No way she gets the media attention and such in the WNBA. 🤷‍♂️. She is the face of women’s basketball.

I think WNBA popularity will follow the college women's game if it keeps growing. The women's college teams have to act like they are ready for the big stage for that to happen.

lots of hoops to jump through on that site, care to summarize?
Women don't care for women's sports, men barely care and that's the only way they get viewers. I cannot watch a sport where the best would get destroyed by a talented 15 yo old AAU team. It's just a less good version of the game.
Now if we talk about a sport where there is a built in affiliation and fan base like a University team we have something people will watch but not as much as the men.
I linked something earlier that showed this Final four for the ladies had over 20x the viewership for last ||year's WNBA finals. This year's ladies Final four was viewed by just over double the amount from last year, but that would still be 10 x or more than the same WNBA finals.

I think WNBA popularity will follow the college women's game if it keeps growing. The women's college teams have to act like they are ready for the big stage for that to happen.
Never will happen. A sport can't grow if it can't survive on it's own and the WNBA can't exist without the NBA paying the bills.

Like softball, the college game is currently the pinnacle for the sport of women's basketball. (Except maybe the national Olympic team.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT