ADVERTISEMENT

Woke and white people.

Not using ACT or SAT scores is just another way the left has chosen to practice racism. You want a color blind society, using test scores is the quintessential way of picking the best without race/sex/age/etc being a factor. (But of course that is the exact opposite of what modern leftist academia wants) Last time I checked 2x2=4 and the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 regardless of race, just sayin.......
i’m not sure colleges actually used it previously either, they’ve only formalized it now, so kids with high scores don’t get too demoralized and/or bitch about it. kid in op’s vid didn’t get the message

these days i’m told that quantitative scores are usually not required even for internships and such but the application forms ask very granular details about gender, ethnicity, parent’s education and occupation. i do get the point of incorporating these additional points but might have been nice to allow test metrics to also remain in the mix.

Reactions: goldmom
Yeah good for those folks. They are also finally waking up to the fact that ignoring hard drug use among the homeless in Portland might not be real swell but that horse has left the damn barn.
I’ve crossed Portland off my bucket list. Not a huge loss for Portland..

FIFY. 👍

Reactions: goldmom
WTF does that have to do with a 17 year old kid in 2023?
In 1776 my Irish ancestors were not allowed to go to school in Ireland because their British rulers forbade schools that taught Irish to read/write. I should be forever damaged!
He brought 1776 up, I don't see your reply to that fellow Republican - a Republican who is FAR FAR right, unlike yourself...lol.

I assume the achievements listed of his application fall below what's on the applications of all of these guys...right? I've always been intrigued by how elite schools, particularly schools that participate in Power 5 athletics, handle admissions for athletes vs. ordinary students.

6330191fd5395.image.jpg

I assume the achievements listed of his application fall below what's on the applications of all of these guys...right? I've always been intrigued by how elite schools, particularly schools that participate in Power 5 athletics, handle admissions for athletes vs. ordinary students.

6330191fd5395.image.jpg
Being an exceptional athlete is just like any other talent. There’s an academic threshold, but it’s nowhere near the standard admissions.

I had to roll my eyes at 10 years of clarinet, like that provides any indication of how good he is at the instrument.

Some light reading for the simpletons in the thread (they know who they are).

LOL the tweet has been removed. So either false or nothing to do with being white.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT