ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s team returning home.

hawkball55

Rookie
Gold Member
Mar 2, 2020
Does anyone know when and what time the women’s team will arrive back in Iowa City?

Does anyone know when and what time the women’s team will arrive back in Iowa City?

I've wondered that too. I looked it up and last year they posted on social media around 9:30pm after the game about welcoming the team back. So it's a little interesting the morning after the game that we haven't heard anything

They should have stayed in Cleveland for the eclipse today. There hasn't been a full eclipse in Ohio for 207 years. 1 million people are converging on Cleveland and surrounding suburbs today. Will take place here at 3:05. A little overcast but the sun is shining. I have my glasses and a Tito tonic, should be good.

Maybe they didn't want it this time. Also, some players may head to spend time with family.

It looks like their flight is supposed to land around 3pm. Since they didn't mention anything about it to social media, I'm wondering if maybe Clark had to be somewhere else or Bluder went recruiting, etc.

Also, I wonder if there will be a ceremony at the Pentacrest like last year.

They did mention something about a celebration after the game in Carver but didn't give any details. There is an event at Riverside at the end of the month with all the SWARM athletes (no Clark)

Maybe they didn't want it this time. Also, some players may head to spend time with family.
This year feels different. Last year felt like a coronation. Yes, you lost and were disappointed but still you made it to the biggest stage. This year they needed to win it all to top that, tough as that would have been.

Last edited:
If there are 351 NCAA WBB teams, then there were 350 teams each year that probably would have traded places with the Hawkeye Women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT