ADVERTISEMENT

Women are #1

Richard Nixon GIF by GIPHY News

Honest question. With ten weights, how can a team have more than ten ranked wrestlers?
In several years past Iowa has had more than one ranked wrestler at a given weight. If there is no clear starter two wrestlers may have several matches each and therefore earn a ranking.

Reactions: honkey69
In several years past Iowa has had more than one ranked wrestler at a given weight. If there is no clear starter two wrestlers may have several matches each and therefore earn a ranking.

Lol This thread is about the women’s team. How did you not know this?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
I think it’s because you can take 15 wrestlers to nationals, but only score team points for the higher placing wrestler at the additional weights. I’m still learning too, so might not be 100% accurate.
OK, I did not know that, but this brings up a different question. Why? I’ve never heard of this in wrestling before.

You’re intentionally being a dick, going out of your way to click on a thread to post nobody cares. Be better. If you don’t care that’s fine, just move on.

I, for one, am happy that Iowa is leading the charge in women’s wrestling and proud of their early success. Because I’m an Iowa fan, and I love the sport of wrestling.

There is no need to go out of your way to be an ass about this. It makes you look petty and idle minded. I know from your posting history you’re better than that.

Are you sure? This is the first year of Iowa sponsoring the sport so there aren’t any “years past.” Nor is what you described happening here.
As I said before, it has happened before in wrestling. The men's team in fact. Are you this obtuse on purpose or does it come naturally? You have posted many years and clearly knew what I meant.

As I said before, it has happened before in wrestling. The men's team in fact. Are you this obtuse on purpose or does it come naturally? You have posted many years and clearly knew what I meant.
There we go...cesspool it up!!!

This is decidedly different. That was a co-ranking in the same ranking position based on who the starter was going to be. This is separate ratings because more than 1 wrestler per weight can qualify for nationals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT