ADVERTISEMENT

Women

They swept the McBrydes and took down Life easily. Frost gives up the legs too easily and needs to work on her own offense. Other than her and Foeller/White, the Hawks look to be a threat to make finals at end of year. I think Foeller is a true freshman and who knows where she will be at come Nattys.

I think Foeller is a true freshman and who knows where she will be at come Nattys.
According to her Hawkeye bio, Jaycee Foeller is a junior who was a national runner up at McKendree 2 years ago and an NAIA national runner up at Central Methodist last year

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
I went to the duals today and had a really good time. I would guess they had 5000 plus at carver middle sections pretty full lots of empty in the end zones at top. Some special moments for sure. If you have not checked out the Lady Hawks I highly recommend you do. Coach Chun has put together a hell of a group of women together and they score a metric f ton of points.

Last edited:
I went to the duals today and had a really good time. I would guess they had 5000 plus at carver middle sections pretty full lots of empty in the end zones at top. Some special moments for sure. If you have not checked out the Lady Hawks I highly recommend you do. Coach Chun has put together a hell of a group of women together and they score a metric f ton of points.
I plan to when they get to Sioux Falls on the 31st.

Reactions: ForcePro and Redm18
Maybe we should have coach Chun recruit for the Men's team ;)
I got to imagine the next time we have a guy like big Tony who also has a younger sister that wrestles or even a situation where a guys older sister is already on the women's team it will be a pretty big selling point (especially for the parents) for them to wrestle at the same school with top notch men's and women's teams. I believe it's call synergy in business.

Would really like to see her at her weight class. Her lack of reach at 116 is the difference between her and the top ranked.
She does look small for the weight. What is her ideal weight and can she go there for the tournament as a multiple at a weight class?

She does look small for the weight. What is her ideal weight and can she go there for the tournament as a multiple at a weight class?

109 would probably be the ideal weight. She weighed in at the Missouri Valley Open at 113.9...and I guess that was the second day weigh in as some of the other listed weigh ins were over.

Her twin wrestles 101. Sterling Dias at 101 is listed at 4-11...Brianna and Emilie are 4-9.

I see Iowa women's uniform has the Big Ten logo on it. But Big Ten does not have women's wrestling. In fact, there is not even an NCAA women's wrestling championship, is there? Several Big Ten schools have women's ice hockey teams but their uniforms don't have the Big Ten logo. They have the logo of the conferences they are in. Maybe because Iowa women's wrestling is not in a conference, the Big Ten agreed to let Iowa use the Big Ten logo?

I see Iowa women's uniform has the Big Ten logo on it. But Big Ten does not have women's wrestling. In fact, there is not even an NCAA women's wrestling championship, is there? Several Big Ten schools have women's ice hockey teams but their uniforms don't have the Big Ten logo. They have the logo of the conferences they are in. Maybe because Iowa women's wrestling is not in a conference, the Big Ten agreed to let Iowa use the Big Ten logo?

The Big Ten still claims women hockey players when it lists Big Ten athletes that have won national awards....and the last time I watched the women wrestle it was on the Big Ten's network.

The Big Ten still claims women hockey players when it lists Big Ten athletes that have won national awards....and the last time I watched the women wrestle it was on the Big Ten's network.
I'm curious if it's Big Ten or ACC that claims the Notre Dame men's hockey players. Or both?

I have a question about Iowa HS girls wrestling. Tomorrow is there regional. This is the qualifier for state. I see there are 8 regions 1-8. Regions 1&2 are at the same location Sioux City hosting about 50 teams( 25 per region). Region 3&4 is in Des Moines, Region 5&6 Cedar Rapids, and Region 7&8 in Mason City. Here are my questions. Are regions 1 and 2 held at the same location in 1, 50 team bracket like a super region? or are they 2 seperate brackets? If they are all wrestling under the same bracket why not just have 4 regions? What do you have to place at regionals to go to state? How many woman bracket is state? I'd assume 32 considering its all 1 class. Thanks for the info.

I have a question about Iowa HS girls wrestling. Tomorrow is there regional. This is the qualifier for state. I see there are 8 regions 1-8. Regions 1&2 are at the same location Sioux City hosting about 50 teams( 25 per region). Region 3&4 is in Des Moines, Region 5&6 Cedar Rapids, and Region 7&8 in Mason City. Here are my questions. Are regions 1 and 2 held at the same location in 1, 50 team bracket like a super region? or are they 2 seperate brackets? If they are all wrestling under the same bracket why not just have 4 regions? What do you have to place at regionals to go to state? How many woman bracket is state? I'd assume 32 considering its all 1 class. Thanks for the info.
Each region has it’s own bracket. Top four from each region go to state tournament.

Each region has it’s own bracket. Top four from each region go to state tournament.
So region 1 and 2 are both held at the same arena in Sioux City but will be 2 different brackets, correct? Top 4 would make it a 32 man bracket at state. This makes sense.
Thanks for the info. I got confused bc 2 different regions are being held at the same location. I assume this is because a shortage of workers and officials.

Or maybe it's preview of the future, when many more schools have women's wrestling. ;)

Good showing overall by the women today

Warrior Women`s Open - IT Results for Iowa​

Warrior Women`s Open 101​

Sterling Dias's place is 2nd and has scored 17.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Sterling Dias (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Sterling Dias (Iowa) won by tech fall over Megan Valdez (Lindenwood) (TF 10-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Sterling Dias (Iowa) won by decision over Devyn Gomez (Life) (Dec 9-0)
  • Semifinal - Sterling Dias (Iowa) won by tech fall over Alyssa Quezaire (Missouri Baptist) (TF 11-0)
  • 1st Place Match - Jaclyn Bouzakis (Unattached) won by decision over Sterling Dias (Iowa) (Dec 7-1)

Warrior Women`s Open 123​

Ava Rose's place is 2nd and has scored 18.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Ava Rose (Iowa) won by tech fall over Michaela Dykes (Trine) (TF 10-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Ava Rose (Iowa) won by tech fall over Lexi Beadle (Unattached) (TF 10-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Ava Rose (Iowa) won by tech fall over Riley White (Missouri Baptist) (TF 10-0)
  • Semifinal - Ava Rose (Iowa) won by decision over Josie Davis (Campbellsville) (Dec 6-5)
  • 1st Place Match - Anna Krejsa (Life) won by decision over Ava Rose (Iowa) (Dec 10-6)

Warrior Women`s Open 123​

Cali Leng's place is unknown and has scored 7.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Haley Narahara (Menlo) won by tech fall over Cali Leng (Iowa) (TF 10-0)
  • Cons. Round 1 - Cali Leng (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Cons. Round 2 - Cali Leng (Iowa) won by fall over Lexi Beadle (Unattached) (Fall 2:51)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Cali Leng (Iowa) won by fall over Kelsey Novogradac (Davenport) (Fall 2:37)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Cali Leng (Iowa) won by tech fall over Angela LoRusso (Adrian) (TF 11-0)
  • Consolation 1st - Cali Leng (Iowa) won by decision over Trynadii Rocha (Southern Oregon) (Dec 6-1)

Warrior Women`s Open 130​

Alexandra Baudhuin's place is 4th and has scored 15.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) won by tech fall over Ivy Partin (University of the Cumberlands) (TF 12-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) won by tech fall over Paige Respicio (Providence) (TF 15-4)
  • Semifinal - Taina Fernandez (Unattached) won by fall over Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) (Fall 1:55)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) won by fall over Olivia Messerly (Campbellsville) (Fall 4:02)
  • 3rd Place Match - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by decision over Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) (Dec 3-0)

Warrior Women`s Open 130​

Emily Frost's place is 3rd and has scored 20.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by fall over Marisa Moffitt (Indiana Tech) (Fall 0:29)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by tech fall over Camarie Cunningham (University of the Cumberlands) (TF 10-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by fall over Olivia Messerly (Campbellsville) (Fall 2:56)
  • Semifinal - Alyssa Randles (Providence) won by tech fall over Emily Frost (Iowa) (TF 14-4)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by fall over Paige Respicio (Providence) (Fall 3:52)
  • 3rd Place Match - Emily Frost (Iowa) won by decision over Alexandra Baudhuin (Iowa) (Dec 3-0)

Warrior Women`s Open 136​

Emmily Patneaud's place is 4th and has scored 14.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) won by tech fall over Lillian Ruesink (Siena Heights) (TF 10-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) won by tech fall over Sofia Poblano (Campbellsville) (TF 12-2)
  • Quarterfinal - Zaynah McBryde (Life) won by decision over Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) (Dec 8-4)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) won by decision over Sierra Brown Ton (Iowa) (Dec 6-1)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) won by tech fall over Desinee Lopez (Southern Oregon) (TF 11-0)
  • 3rd Place Match - Waipuilani Estrella-Beauchamp (Providence) won by decision over Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) (Dec 5-4)

Sierra Brown Ton's place is unknown and has scored 4.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Sierra Brown Ton (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Sierra Brown Ton (Iowa) won by fall over Mallory Chunat (Hiram ) (Fall 2:05)
  • Quarterfinal - Waipuilani Estrella-Beauchamp (Providence) won by tech fall over Sierra Brown Ton (Iowa) (TF 10-0)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Emmily Patneaud (Iowa) won by decision over Sierra Brown Ton (Iowa) (Dec 6-1)

Lilly Luft's place is 1st and has scored 21.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Lilly Luft (Iowa) won by tech fall over Madison Small (Trine) (TF 10-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Lilly Luft (Iowa) won by decision over Marissa Sanabria (Lindenwood) (Dec 7-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Lilly Luft (Iowa) won by tech fall over Angie Prado (Life) (TF 11-0)
  • Semifinal - Lilly Luft (Iowa) won by decision over Desinee Lopez (Southern Oregon) (Dec 2-0)
  • 1st Place Match - Lilly Luft (Iowa) won by fall over Zaynah McBryde (Life) (Fall 3:56)

Warrior Women`s Open 143​

Reese Larramendy's place is 1st and has scored 21.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by tech fall over Nathalia Rodriquez (Siena Heights) (TF 10-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by tech fall over Dani Swihart (Unattached) (TF 10-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by fall over Alexandra Lopez (Menlo) (Fall 1:46)
  • Semifinal - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by decision over Valarie Hamilton (Unattached) (Dec 10-1)
  • 1st Place Match - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by decision over Ella Schmit (Iowa) (Dec 13-6)

Warrior Women`s Open 143​

Ella Schmit's place is 2nd and has scored 19.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Ella Schmit (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Ella Schmit (Iowa) won by fall over Michael Hamp (Unattached - Rochester) (Fall 0:34)
  • Quarterfinal - Ella Schmit (Iowa) won by fall over Aspen Dodge (Providence) (Fall 2:07)
  • Semifinal - Ella Schmit (Iowa) won by tech fall over Emma Walker (Campbellsville) (TF 17-7)
  • 1st Place Match - Reese Larramendy (Iowa) won by decision over Ella Schmit (Iowa) (Dec 13-6)

Warrior Women`s Open 170​

Haley Ward's place is 2nd and has scored 17.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Haley Ward (Iowa) won by fall over Desarae Matheny (Southern Oregon) (Fall 1:25)
  • Quarterfinal - Haley Ward (Iowa) won by decision over Grace Doering (Indiana Tech) (Dec 7-0)
  • Semifinal - Haley Ward (Iowa) won by decision over Shenita Lawson (Southern Oregon) (Dec 5-0)
  • 1st Place Match - Kylie Welker (Iowa) won by tech fall over Haley Ward (Iowa) (TF 11-0)

Warrior Women`s Open 170​

Kylie Welker's place is 1st and has scored 25.5 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Kylie Welker (Iowa) won by tech fall over Tia Leahy (Tiffin) (TF 12-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Kylie Welker (Iowa) won by tech fall over Gabrielle Holloway (St Andrews) (TF 10-0)
  • Semifinal - Kylie Welker (Iowa) won by fall over Faith Macharia (Missouri Baptist) (Fall 0:38)
  • 1st Place Match - Kylie Welker (Iowa) won by tech fall over Haley Ward (Iowa) (TF 11-0)

Warrior Women`s Open 191​

Jaycee Foeller's place is 1st and has scored 18.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Jaycee Foeller (Iowa) received a bye () (Bye)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Jaycee Foeller (Iowa) won by decision over Sara Lake (Lindenwood) (Dec 6-4)
  • Quarterfinal - Jaycee Foeller (Iowa) won by fall over Noami Duenas (University of the Cumberlands) (Fall 2:10)
  • Semifinal - Jaycee Foeller (Iowa) won by decision over Madeline Welch (Life) (Dec 3-1)
  • 1st Place Match - Jaycee Foeller (Iowa) won by decision over Maquoia Bernabe (University of the Cumberlands) (Dec 7-0)

Warrior Women`s Open 191​

Alivia White's place is 3rd and has scored 16.0 team points.

• Champ. Round 1 - Alivia White (Iowa) won by tech fall over Aaliyah Presley (Unattached) (TF 11-0)
  • Champ. Round 2 - Alivia White (Iowa) won by decision over Kennedy Eggering (Lindenwood) (Dec 5-0)
  • Quarterfinal - Alivia White (Iowa) won by fall over Alexis Tupuola (Providence) (Fall 2:19)
  • Semifinal - Maquoia Bernabe (University of the Cumberlands) won by decision over Alivia White (Iowa) (Dec 5-3)
  • Cons. Round 4 - Alivia White (Iowa) won by decision over Noami Duenas (University of the Cumberlands) (Dec 11-4)
  • 3rd Place Match - Alivia White (Iowa) won by decision over Madeline Welch (Life) (Dec 2-1)

Someone to keep an eye on in the coming years...

Gail "Gigi" Sullivan...

Only a 7th grader; she crushed her way through the 2024 NYSPHSAA Girls State Invitational, pinning 25th-ranked/2022 Fargo All-American, Zoe Jewett, in the 1st period of their finals bout!!

Sullivan is also a 2022 UWW Pan-American U15 Gold Medalist!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT