ADVERTISEMENT

Women

Ava Rose loses 8-5 to finish 4th. She beat the 5th place finisher already so there is no true 4th match and she is qualified

Very good match between Brianna Gonzalez and Felicity Taylor. Brianna's pace is too much for Felicity and she takes 1st with a 9-3 win

Reactions: Aleric1
I guess I just don't understand giving up probably two (at least) third places at 116 and 123, for one third place and probably no more than a couple points at 123. Unless Coach Chun just knows they don't have any chance to beat North Central anyway. Had Taylor wrestled 116 all year that'd be one thing, but now she moved down, still lost to her own teammate, and is ranked lower at 116 than she already was at 123. Puzzling to me.

I guess I just don't understand giving up probably two (at least) third places at 116 and 123, for one third place and probably no more than a couple points at 123. Unless Coach Chun just knows they don't have any chance to beat North Central anyway. Had Taylor wrestled 116 all year that'd be one thing, but now she moved down, still lost to her own teammate, and is ranked lower at 116 than she already was at 123. Puzzling to me.

Taylor was always going to go 116.

What's Chun going to do...say thanks for transferring but now I am going to **** up your Olympic dreams?

Reactions: sstark46
Lilly Luft loses by fall to take 2nd. Was leading 2-1 with 36 seconds left but got taken down straight to her back

Marylynne Deede holds on to beat Bella Mir 8-4 to take first. Was 4-4 until Deede got a 4 at the buzzer. Super physical match

Reactions: Aleric1
Taylor was always going to go 116.

What's Chun going to do...say thanks for transferring but now I am going to **** up your Olympic dreams?

Well hopefully the plan still works out. She could still get the national title when it's said and done and I'm sure the one seed wouldn't want to face her in the semis if she's 4 or 5.

Reactions: sstark46
First place as a team. 11 finalists, 6 champs. McKendree had 7 finalists, 3 champs. Lindenwood had 1 finalist, 1 champ and Wartburg had the last finalist.

Qualified all 15 for nationals. McKendree qualified 13 of their 14. Lindenwood ended in a very distant 3rd place.

Amazing showing from our women at their first ever regional qualifying tournament!

New weight classes have been approved for NCAA 2024-25. First 7 weight classes go up 1 or 2 lbs. The last 3 go from 155 - 170 - 191 to 160 - 180 - 207. Will be interesting to see what the 170 and 191 lbers do. Also, Sam Calkins should come into play at 207.

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
New weight classes have been approved for NCAA 2024-25. First 7 weight classes go up 1 or 2 lbs. The last 3 go from 155 - 170 - 191 to 160 - 180 - 207. Will be interesting to see what the 170 and 191 lbers do. Also, Sam Calkins should come into play at 207.

Saw that yesterday.

Like that it brings Sam into the mix.

Don't like the big weight spaces on top. Still probably will not Mater that much. Still have Welker for 180 and Mir for 160.

Then have to find places for Cass, Ward, and White along with Sam.

Reactions: sdvike
Saw that yesterday.

Like that it brings Sam into the mix.

Don't like the big weight spaces on top. Still probably will not Mater that much. Still have Welker for 180 and Mir for 160.

Then have to find places for Cass, Ward, and White along with Sam.
I think Foeller has one more year of eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZachJump
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT