ADVERTISEMENT

Women's basketball assistant coaches

GunnerHawk

HB All-American
Mar 16, 2014
So Jan has one or two positions to fill? Someone to replace her position and then someone to replace Jenn's special assistant role (or does that go away). Must be looking outside for her position.

Last edited:
So Jan has one or two positions to fill? Someone to replace her position and then someone to replace Jenn's special assistant role (or does that go away). Must be looking outside for her position.

I noticed in Jan's intro presser she talked about retaining her staff. In describing what was going on with the asst coaches at that time she talked several times about Abby and what a great.job she was doing in organizing the recruiting.
Maybe I'm reading too much into what she was saying but it seemed to me she was overstepping Raina.

Reactions: FrankBurns00
Randi Henderson and Kachine Alexander. Please.

Randi Henderson and Kachine Alexander. Please.
I’d love for Kachine to return to Iowa, I had kind of had her in mind as a dark horse candidate for awhile. But she transitioned out of coaching and into real estate a couple of years ago. She may or may not be interested in returning, money is probably better in real estate but it’s also not a career for everyone.

Not sure why she stopped coaching either, if she was tired of the travel/pay/etc then I doubt she’d want to come back. Would be awesome to get her tho.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I’d love for Kachine to return to Iowa, I had kind of had her in mind as a dark horse candidate for awhile. But she transitioned out of coaching and into real estate a couple of years ago. She may or may not be interested in returning, money is probably better in real estate but it’s also not a career for everyone.

Not sure why she stopped coaching either, if she was tired of the travel/pay/etc then I doubt she’d want to come back. Would be awesome to get her tho.
I have listened to Alexander on the Hawkeye of the Storm podcasts and find her quite knowledgeable and with a good personality too. I don't know enough to say she should, or shouldn't, be hired as Iowa assistant, but if she was, I like the sounds of that.

She does have at least one small child that she refers to...maybe real estate offers a more family friendly lifestyle??

I have listened to Alexander on the Hawkeye of the Storm podcasts and find her quite knowledgeable and with a good personality too. I don't know enough to say she should, or shouldn't, be hired as Iowa assistant, but if she was, I like the sounds of that.

She does have at least one small child that she refers to...maybe real estate offers a more family friendly lifestyle??
Yes, Kach got married which is why she got out of coaching.

Methinks Kate Martin will be on this staff as soon as she hangs up the ole' sneakers.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I hope they just hire the best candidates regardless of any ties to Iowa.

Strong recruiters would be important and maybe even recruiters with ties to areas out west with the BIG 10 expanding out there.
Excellent points on recruiting the left coast. I agree the Iowa ties are great, but should not be an overwhelming criteria.....

Reactions: FrankBurns00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT