ADVERTISEMENT

Women's BIG POY?

She should get it— putting up those numbers while every team is focusing on stopping her

Clark should get serious consideration. Leading the league in scoring and assists is outstanding, especially for a freshman. I believe Michigan's Naz Hillmon is the frontrunner - 1st in rebounding, 2nd in scoring (just behind Clark), 2nd in FG% (slightly behind Cezano).

Unless Clark goes superhuman and somehow leads Iowa to a BTT championship, I think the league will look to name a player from a school other than Iowa this year.

Yep. Should be Clark no doubt but doubt it will be. They will look to name an outside Iowa person as it may be Clark for next three years....and no one wants one school to have BIG POY for 3/4 of a decade in a row

Clark should be FOY, but not POY. Great point guard play demands ball security, and Clark has a ways to go in that department. The player that leads the league with 113 turnovers (and perhaps the country), should not be conference POY.

In terms of what will happen, a freshman on a 7th-place team [Edit - 6th-place team] will not be conference POY. Of the 44 players that have won/shared BIG POY, only 1 was from a 7th-place team or lower [Edit and only 3 were from a 6th place team or lower], and the 7th-place winner was a senior (Jolene Anderson for Wisconsin) who shared the award with a freshman (Jantel Lavender for 1st place OSU). It will be interesting to see the POY voting by the coaches. Hillmon could potentially be unanimous, but Freese, Moren and Bluder may vote for their players.

Last edited:
Clark should get serious consideration. Leading the league in scoring and assists is outstanding, especially for a freshman. I believe Michigan's Naz Hillmon is the frontrunner - 1st in rebounding, 2nd in scoring (just behind Clark), 2nd in FG% (slightly behind Cezano).

Unless Clark goes superhuman and somehow leads Iowa to a BTT championship, I think the league will look to name a player from a school other than Iowa this year.

A couple things to add. The awards are determined after the end of the regular season so the BTT won't count. And nothing will surprise me with who wins POY. I think it will be a split vote among several players, so one will narrowly win but we will never know how close the secret ballot was. It could be 5-4-4-1 for all we know. At least Iowa has played nearly a full season with 19 games. Michigan and Rutgers have only played 13 games each, so that may count against Hillmon and Guirantes. And Owusu for Maryland should get some consideration too.

Reactions: nu2u
Michigan and Rutgers have only played 13 games each, so that may count against Hillmon and Guirantes.

Good point on Hillmon's games played. I had overlooked that. Will make it harder for her to be a runaway winner.

Iowa has had the Conference Player of the Year the last three years. Does Clark make it 4? If not, who?

Naz Hillmon POY both coaches and media.
Caitlin Clark FOY both coaches and media.
Caitlin Clark and Monika Czinano 1st team both coaches and media.

Last edited:
Yep. Should be Clark no doubt but doubt it will be. They will look to name an outside Iowa person as it may be Clark for next three years....and no one wants one school to have BIG POY for 3/4 of a decade in a row
Gotta disagree with you about that.

I am for one school having BIG POY for 3/4 of a decade IF that team is IOWA!

Or longer.

Damn I didn’t see that and I was about to say anyone who thinks it’s someone other than Clark is crazy. Took away my moment. 😂

She should get it— putting up those numbers while every team is focusing on stopping her
"Should" Like there could possibly be a question, lolol...Hell if she doesn't sweep ALL the NPOTY awards again this season, you know the fix is in. There is literally NO ONE else who is "One of One"......Oh, Good Lord, just noticed this is from 3 years ago! You guys...... :oops:

There is no other player even in contention for BT player of the year, or for NPOY for that matter. Do you realize what she's accomplished? Are you a cave man? Let me spell it out for all you moron's:
C A I T L I N _ C L A R K

Got it? Ok, good.

Night Museum GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT