ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Bracket Question

frege5

Rookie
Aug 16, 2003
As I plan a family vacation to either Oregon or Albany for the long weekend of the Sweet Sixteen, at a certain point I will need to get more serious about the booking things that are more painful to get refunded. As I approach that point, it is going to be helpful to guess the liklihood of Iowa being in the Portland or Albany regions.

My question is this: On ESPN Bracketology they say it is Albany for top ranked and 4th ranked #1 seeds, and Portland for #2 ranked and #3 ranked #1 seeds -- is this set in stone or can that change? I.e do we know right now that the top #1 seed will be in Albany, no matter who it turns out to be, or can that vary based upon the location of the teams themselves?

Too early to tell, but if iowa is a one or 2 seed, my best guess is they will place iowa on the other side from sc, so if both teams make it its a ratings bonanza. They will likely try to set up a juju/caitlin matchup if the seedings work. Lsu would likely be in the same side as iowa, but meet up in semi finals if both teams make it.

As I plan a family vacation to either Oregon or Albany for the long weekend of the Sweet Sixteen, at a certain point I will need to get more serious about the booking things that are more painful to get refunded. As I approach that point, it is going to be helpful to guess the liklihood of Iowa being in the Portland or Albany regions.

My question is this: On ESPN Bracketology they say it is Albany for top ranked and 4th ranked #1 seeds, and Portland for #2 ranked and #3 ranked #1 seeds -- is this set in stone or can that change? I.e do we know right now that the top #1 seed will be in Albany, no matter who it turns out to be, or can that vary based upon the location of the teams themselves?
Yes, which region the seeds play is set in stone so that won't change. But it's still too far out to know what seed Iowa will be, a lot of tough games coming up.

I meant more obnoxious to cancel (flight credits vs cash, etc), but still refundable. Obviously I’m not booking anything non-refundable until the bracket is released.

What I am hoping for Is that we are in portland vs Albany, as I can more easily make a family vacation out of Portland area in the event that we get upset in the first two rounds. So, if albany I wait until we win in first two rounds before booking; if portland, I would book as soon as bracket is released.

just trying to see if we can begin to predict the region if the locations of the ranked #1 seeds is set, which it appears that they are…

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Are tickets for the NCAA tournament generally just general admission or specific seats? Given that people are lining up hours before Iowa games, I worry because idk if I’d want to do that lol

Are tickets for the NCAA tournament generally just general admission or specific seats? Given that people are lining up hours before Iowa games, I worry because idk if I’d want to do that lol
My experience of going to Seattle regional
and FF was that all were reserved. I bought tickets for first game vs whole weekend, and then after each game, a decent number of tickets would immediately go on sale on secondary market from people associated with the losing team. Worked better in Seattle than at FF. Tickets were not insanely expensive in Seattle, but good seats were very expensive at FF, and I adopted the “this may never happen again” mentality and overspent.

My experience of going to Seattle regional
and FF was that all were reserved. I bought tickets for first game vs whole weekend, and then after each game, a decent number of tickets would immediately go on sale on secondary market from people associated with the losing team. Worked better in Seattle than at FF. Tickets were not insanely expensive in Seattle, but good seats were very expensive at FF, and I adopted the “this may never happen again” mentality and overspent.
Awesome, thanks for the wonderful insight. I’m thinking about doing tickets for my wife for her birthday as a big gift and I’m going to try to get decent seats

I’m surprised by the latest from ESPN that they have North Carolina as a 1 and making them travel all the way to Portland I thought the 1 seeds got a better geography set up than that.

Totally agree with those that feel the committee will set up the post season to increase the likelihood that Iowa reaches the FF.

Women's basketball has never been hotter and it's entirely fueled by CC.

The tournament NEEDS Iowa in the last four.

Going into the tourney, I think the B1G has a #1 and a #2 team, and on a neutral court...I don't see much difference in a #1 or a #2.

Last edited:
Totally agree with those that feel the committee will set up the post season to increase the likelihood that Iowa reaches the FF.

Women's basketball has never been hotter and it's entirely fueled by CC.

The tournament NEEDS Iowa in the last four.

Going into the tourney, I think the B1G has a #1 and a #2 team, and on a neutral court...I don't see much difference in a #1 or a #2.
Playing in Albany and the eventual, practically home game for UConn is going to be a challenge though. I know the powers that be are salivating at seeing a Clark vs Paige battle again. Sucks that UConn always gets the ncaa tournament so close to them. It’s like if we had it in DSM

Playing in Albany and the eventual, practically home game for UConn is going to be a challenge though. I know the powers that be are salivating at seeing a Clark vs Paige battle again. Sucks that UConn always gets the ncaa tournament so close to them. It’s like if we had it in DSM
True, but for years UConn was the one team guaranteed to get butts in seats in the tournament. They are still being rewarded for that.

UConn just lost a home game to Notre Dame by 15 points.

They're not the powerhouse they once were.
Past reputation is what's keeping them as high as they're rated.

UConn just lost a home game to Notre Dame by 15 points.

They're not the powerhouse they once were.
Past reputation is what's keeping them as high as they're rated.
They definitely don't have the stockpile of all of the top athletes like they used to, but this year's team also has lost 4-5 players to season ending injuries.

They definitely don't have the stockpile of all of the top athletes like they used to, but this year's team also has lost 4-5 players to season ending injuries.
Agree with the injuries, but their "best" win is at home vs #18 Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT