Women's BTT

hawkeye ball

HB All-American
Dec 2, 2006
Game 1: 12 Indiana over 13 PSU 68-63.
Game 2: 14 Purdue over 11 Wisconsin 58-56
Game 3: 9 MSU over 8 Michigan 69-49
Game 4: 5 Rutgers over 12 Indiana 63-52
Game 5: 10 Illinois vs. 7 Nebraska (winner plays 2 Iowa)
-Nebraska up 13-2 after four minutes

Nebraska up 34-15 at the 9 minute mark in the first half.

Nebraska's Natalie Romeo has five threes already...

My thoughts exactly Storm. Iowa has played them twice and won by 8 and 6, one of them being in OT. Definitely has me nervous to take on Nebraska, especially with the BT title on the line. Nebraska, Minnesota/OSU, and Maryland are the ones I do not want to see.

45-25 Nebraska at the half.

The key to playing Nebraska is keeping Doolittle out of foul trouble and in the game. During the first two games, she got into foul trouble in the 1st half and Iowa struggled. When she played, Iowa controlled the game.

Laudermill averages 18.5 points against Iowa. Need to keep her in check.
Cady averaves 14 points and 18.5 boards against Iowa.

80-56 Nebraska. 5:00 left.

Yeah I look forward to watching Cady slide right underneath our girls who are busy watching the ceiling expect the ball to appear within their line of sight any minute, and grab about 8-9 offensive rebounds against, including a few for putbacks.......................................*punts chair*

You are one weird dude Evil.....
eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BEAN DOG:
You are one weird dude Evil.....
eek.r191677.gif

I know exactly what he's talking about.

Iowa's latest block-out strategy is to literally turn around and face the girl and keep her away from the rim.
It's actually been somewhat successful.

Game 6: 6 Minnesota squeaks by 14 Purdue 82-78.

6 Minnesota will face 3 Ohio State.

1 Maryland beats 9 MSU 70-60.

4 Northwestern defeats 5 Rutgers 62-57.

This post was edited on 3/6 5:22 PM by hawkeye ball

Iowa Nebraska about to tip off. Lets go ladies. Looking for a big win here, keep me pumped up for March!!

This team is really fun to watch on offense, but brutal on defense. They have no one to stop the drive thru the lane.

Iowa 24 Nebraska 22 with 10 minutes to go first half.

Laudermill and Jeffery with 9 points. Said in a previous post got to keep Laudermill in check.

Doolittle with 11 points; 2 fouls.

Nebraska using their bodies and forcing travels on Iowa....

Nebraska has had a lot of charges called on them

36-33 Iowa @ halftime

Doolittle rode the bench for the last part of the 1st half

36-33 Iowa at the half.

Nebraska:
Cady 8 points,4 boards, 3 blocks
Laudermill 9 points
Jeffery 9 points

Iowa:
Doolittle 11 points, 4 boards. 100% from the field. Played 11 minutes in the first half.
Disterhoft 10 points, 5 boards
Logic 7 points, 5 assists
Dixon 0 points, 2 assists

Claire Till playing very well, coming in off the bench for Doolittle. Peschel with a couple big threes.

Iowa shooting 48% from field.
-Iowa 3-11 from three.
-10 turnovers.

Nebraska shooting 38%.

Hawks went on a good run with about 7 minutes to go, but Nebraska rallied back and kept it close.

Nebraska's "aggressive" defense tips to the side of being chippy/dirty. Hopefully, refs can clean this up, before someone gets hurt. Oh, btw - the nebby coach is one fugly gal.

Doolittle picks up third foul pretty quickly in the second half. Was a definite threat on offense. Back to bench. I hope Till continues to play well. Go HAWKS!

Iowa up 55-48 with 10 minutes left. 4th foul on on Doolittle. She sits down.

Iowa gets ahead on a run and Nebraska storms back. Shut the door Hawks!

Hawks to the semi finals!!! Hat trick sweep of the Huskers!

Disterhoft 16 points, 9 boards
Logic 15 points, 6 assists
Doolittle 15 points, 9 boards
Peschel 13 points, 4 boards

Get the winner of OSU/Minnesota

Great Game Hawks!!

Not just Peschel, but this whole team is special!

Congrats ladies... Nice helping us continue both the men and women's sweep of Nebraska in basketball this year!

Dolittle is the least physical center in the BIG and they call cheap fouls n her all of the time. The officiating was bad again tonight

I think there was a tremendous improvement of the refs this year. But they were kinda bad tonight - especially down the stretch.

Refs get a D. Called a lot of touch fouls on Iowa...which I am OK with. Just needed to call them on Nebraska also. Dolittle got nailed for 3 touch fouls. They need to just be consistent.

Disterhoft alone should have shot 12 more FT. Refs kept it from being a 20 point win.

FInal Four is set.

1 Maryland vs. 4 Northwestern
2 Iowa vs. 3 OSU

All top seeds still in it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT