ADVERTISEMENT

Woolly Mammoth is coming back....

Scientists say within 5 years they will have them on Earth again.

Yeahs? Nays? Some people are bitching about ecosystems.

I say welcome back to be defenders of our Otter overlords

Link? I’d be interested in reading that. Thanks for the post

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
this is how jurassic park happened

goldblum-quote.jpeg

Interesting that you know so much about an animal that went extinct 4,000 years ago.
I watched a vice video with a Russian scientist that has been studying the Willy mammoths for decades in Siberia. It’s not really a crazy hypothesis given the evidence of where we find Wolly mammoths and the flora that lived there.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
I just think it would be badass having them back. It is also a reason if I ever won the lottery (which I rarely do), I'd love to have a bison farm.

Sorry @torbee my bison would not come on your bridge

I just think it would be badass having them back. It is also a reason if I ever won the lottery (which I rarely do), I'd love to have a bison farm.

Sorry @torbee my bison would not come on your bridge

I’m impressed you called them bison. Good work Jimmy

Seen this on JRE a couple years back. If enough of em are allowed to reproduce and roam their sheer weight packing snow effects the carbon release from the ground

That might be the case. But they were here before humans. We are not entitled to this planet. We should care for it while we can

Reactions: ButtersHawk
A few scientists think they will help with climate change in Siberia/tundra.
Considering that climate change is the primary reason they went extinct in the first place, I’m not sure that plan is going to work very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT