ADVERTISEMENT

Working at McDonalds

Have you worked at McDonalds?

• Yes

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 78.1%

• Total voters
There’s a TV commercial that proclaims 1 out of 8 individuals have worked at McDs. Sure.

I remember that stat being 1 in 6 about 20 years ago. More chains and more people today but 1 in 8 is still a lot for one company. I wonder what the average employment duration is at McDonald’s and if that has changed over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: millah_22
8mjs9v.jpg

I did. I don’t think a poll here is going to get near that percentage.

The demographics of a McDonald’s worker when I was there was a few lifers that worked weekdays. nights and weekends where full of high school and college kids and most of the ones I worked with got college degrees.

Reactions: TC Nole OX

The demographics of a McDonald’s worker when I was there was a few lifers that worked weekdays. nights and weekends where full of high school and college kids and most of the ones I worked with got college degrees.
did you take part in the scholarship program? If so, how much did they offer?

Right now it is sitting around 1 out of 5.

I worked there in the late 80’s. No such program.
I remember a classmate was part of the scholarship program, and I remember being interested in working at McDonalds bc of the scholarship, but then i think i was told it was only like $500, so i said f that.

Now their website says anywhere between 5k-100k, def was not that much in 2005.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Nope, but did work at KFC for awhile in college,.. lived on that stuff for a semester.

Yes, summer job between soph & junior years in HS Started at the french fry station, moved to combo bun toaster/Big Mac prep but my proudest day was taking the reigns at the meat patty grill when a co-worker failed to show. Made it thru rush hour without a hitch. The manager said he was proud of me! I was bragging the next few days after that.

I have more respect for people who work at McDonald’s than public schools teachers and left wing activists.
I respect anyone that works and does it well. I don’t respect people who look down on others for where they work, as long as it’s not an organization built only for hate.

I believe that 1 in 8 people have worked at a McDonalds. It's such a typical HS type job and McDonalds is everywhere.

I worked in one for a couple of years in high school and the summer after my freshman year of college.

One of my friends worked there and it was awesome. On weekend nights when we were all going to hang out he would call me and tell me to come through the Drive Thru at a certain time and hand me a bag full of burgers and fries for all of us. Also had guys in our friend group that worked at Taco Johns, BK, Long Johns, We all ate for free anywhere we went. Ahhh to be 16 again.

One of my friends worked there and it was awesome. On weekend nights when we were all going to hang out he would call me and tell me to come through the Drive Thru at a certain time and hand me a bag full of burgers and fries for all of us. Also had guys in our friend group that worked at Taco Johns, BK, Long Johns, We all ate for free anywhere we went. Ahhh to be 16 again.
It's not too late to for us to pick up side hustles at night. I could re-up with McD's after 30+ years, you could do TBell.
pool wife GIF

Age 14-17 during the school year. Less hours during summer as could make more on the farm or roofing. I don't recall exactly; but i believe i started out at $4.65 or so an hour (1994) but got bumped up to over $5/hr after a month or 2.

Age 14-17 during the school year. Less hours during summer as could make more on the farm or roofing. I don't recall exactly; but i believe i started out at $4.65 or so an hour (1994) but got bumped up to over $5/hr after a month or 2.
Don't forget the French benefits* which included sneaking a mcnugget here and there.

*WOB intended

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
Hah - we did that quite often right around closing time on the weekends. Was too easy when one of us worked the drive thru and one worked the pickup window. Most of the stuff was just getting thrown away anyway.

The biggest thing i learned was that the Monopoly game was impossible to win, except for a free fry or hashbrown. I bet we pulled 1000 pieces one night.... as a teenager, i didn't realize there was only one or two winners for the decent prizes so we thought it was worth it. I don't recall exactly; but it was likely fry or hashbrown containers, as the cups would have been too noticeable.

Hah - we did that quite often right around closing time on the weekends. Was too easy when one of us worked the drive thru and one worked the pickup window. Most of the stuff was just getting thrown away anyway.

The biggest thing i learned was that the Monopoly game was impossible to win, except for a free fry or hashbrown. I bet we pulled 1000 pieces one night.... as a teenager, i didn't realize there was only one or two winners for the decent prizes so we thought it was worth it. I don't recall exactly; but i believe it was mostly fry or hashbrown containers, as the cups would have been too noticable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT