Is that bad?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Shut it alarmist!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Combine that w/ 6"+ of sea level rise along much of the eastern US and gulf coasts since 2010...

Then, ask yourself if you want "Project 2025" to replace all the civil servants who work for NOAA and other government agencies, to be replaced with Trump lackeys with loyalty only to whomever is in the WH....

Combine that w/ 6"+ of sea level rise along much of the eastern US and gulf coasts since 2010...

Then, ask yourself if you want "Project 2025" to replace all the civil servants who work for NOAA and other government agencies, to be replaced with Trump lackeys with loyalty only to whomever is in the WH....
And just what are you doing from your basement to solve this deadly dilemma called "climate change," my little shut-in?

Reactions: abby97

It is amazing how bold the Trump gang has become in revealing their radical plans to empower the chief executive toward a king George model.
The Heritage Foundation boys must enjoy a big laugh over martinis at the cult level brainwashing Trump has achieved which could allow them to realize their radical dreams.

It's just a cycle. Humans are not responsible for these weather patterns. Has been happening for millwof years.
This. These aren't likely records either, just since someone started measuring and tracking it.

Climate change is real, adapt to it. You aren't stopping it.

Cold weather kills 9x more people annually than heat. It’s not too late to switch to warning everyone (again) about a coming Ice Age.

Sure, it would take the experts admitting to the world that they’re clueless hypocrites, but…wouldn’t be the first time.

But you CAN stop the human-caused elements of it.

Which is the POINT.
May I ask what you do?

Do you have kids, and if so did you use reusable diapers?
Do you own an EV?
Do you recycle?
Do you garden?
Do you have solar panels on your property?
Have you spray painted a historic monument to show us how serious the matter is?

Reactions: TennNole17
May I ask what you do?

Do you have kids, and if so did you use reusable diapers?
Do you own an EV?
Do you recycle?
Do you garden?
Do you have solar panels on your property?
Have you spray painted a historic monument to show us how serious the matter is?
maybe you're just doing it to prove some kind of point, but this kind of "all or nothing" expectation doesn't really help...and it distorts the importance of just starting with incremental steps that, if nothing else, makes better use of the resources we have (which i would argue is a worthy goal regardless of how you feel about climate change)

maybe you're just doing it to prove some kind of point, but this kind of "all or nothing" expectation doesn't really help...and it distorts the importance of just starting with incremental steps that, if nothing else, makes better use of the resources we have (which i would argue is a worthy goal regardless of how you feel about climate change)
It's the new go-to from the climate change deniers.

They know they look stupid now, so they've pivoted to UNLESS YOU HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE YOU CANNOT CALL FOR COOPERATIVE CHANGE.

Pathetic.

Reusable diapers, recycling, gardening, and even owning some chickens are incremental steps. I believe in it but this is my issue with most people that whine about climate change.
They want to jam it down your throat then the next week then tell you about an upcoming out of country vacation they have planned.
FTR besides owning chickens I do the first 3.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

Project 2025.

Drink.

Reactions: CaboKP
Reusable diapers, recycling, gardening, and even owning some chickens are incremental steps. I believe in it but this is my issue with most people that whine about climate change.
They want to jam it down your throat then the next week then tell you about an upcoming out of country vacation they have planned.
FTR besides owning chickens I do the first 3.
i'll just have to take your word on that happening all the time...because i certainly don't see it

i'll just have to take your word on that happening all the time...because i certainly don't see it
Not really my main point. Theres some climate change thread once a week but no one says what they do to combat it. People from both ends just want to argue data.

Thats why I asked the question which may be my fault for being confrontational but I was serious. If someone responded with something like "hey I recycle, I garden, and not right now but am interested in owning an EV" then I'd respect that. That's where the good ideas of helping the issue come from. It doesn't come from the let show you an article on why you're wrong mentality.

This Is Fine GIF

I have seen multiple news articles reference the breaking of 1,400 temperature records but none of them say where this number came from. It may well be true but it seems like a good idea to at least cite where the number came from if you are going to use that as your headline.

It's the new go-to from the climate change deniers.

They know they look stupid now, so they've pivoted to UNLESS YOU HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR LIFE YOU CANNOT CALL FOR COOPERATIVE CHANGE.

Pathetic.
“They know they look stupid now…”

Stupid? You want to know what stupid is? Stupid is trying to eliminate an absolute VITAL element of all life on earth. An element every bit as vital as oxygen.

All because you’ve been brainwashed into a political cult of R’s v. D’s.

THAT’S what stupid is.

I have seen multiple news articles reference the breaking of 1,400 temperature records but none of them say where this number came from. It may well be true but it seems like a good idea to at least cite where the number came from if you are going to use that as your headline.
The source is NOAA:

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the past week has seen more than 1,400 high temperature records fall around the globe.

This. These aren't likely records either, just since someone started measuring and tracking it.

Climate change is real, adapt to it. You aren't stopping it.
Fairly certain he was mocking this line of thinking…

The source is NOAA:

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the past week has seen more than 1,400 high temperature records fall around the globe.
More NOAA lies.

"If a USHCN station doesn't report any data during a particular month, NOAA fabricates a temperature using a computer model. They have been losing a lot of stations since 1990, and now almost half their 'final adjusted' data is fake. It doesn't come from a thermometer."

More NOAA lies.

"If a USHCN station doesn't report any data during a particular month, NOAA fabricates a temperature using a computer model. They have been losing a lot of stations since 1990, and now almost half their 'final adjusted' data is fake. It doesn't come from a thermometer."

That seems rather significant.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
May I ask what you do?
I minimize my energy use.

Panels are one of my next upgrades, but I do not have enough south-facing facets not blocked by trees to make them worthwhile.
When the tree dies that blocks them, and they increase a little in efficiency, they will make sense for me.

But I've invested quite a bit in my property w/ high efficiency HVAC, windows and insulation upgrades in the meantime.

What do YOU do?

Reactions: ButtersHawk

The "all or nothing" argument is literally all they have, and is the key fossil fuel industry talking point.

Reactions: torbee
More NOAA lies.

Some rando Russian's substack ain't my "go to" for science info

Meanwhile, this exact criticism is what Anthony Watts was pushing 2 decades ago.
He got his ass handed to him in the Berkeley Earth study results (which he claimed he would 'accept whatever they were')

Those results completely erased his claims; so he walked away and continued his blabbering about this 'dead issue'...

“They know they look stupid now…”

Stupid? You want to know what stupid is? Stupid is trying to eliminate an absolute VITAL element of all life on earth.

LOLWUT?

What "vital element" is being eliminated?

Know what is ACTUALLY being eliminated? Oxygen. Because every gallon (8#) of gas you burn, generates 20# of CO2.
How? By sapping all the oxygen from the air (that we breathe). And we can even see that decline in planetary oxygen content.

I minimize my energy use.

Panels are one of my next upgrades, but I do not have enough south-facing facets not blocked by trees to make them worthwhile.
When the tree dies that blocks them, and they increase a little in efficiency, they will make sense for me.

But I've invested quite a bit in my property w/ high efficiency HVAC, windows and insulation upgrades in the meantime.

What do YOU do?
Mostly whine and cry about things on a free internet message board.

We have been lied to so much by the climate changers that I don't believe a word they say.

These same people are pushing a global economy where all goods are shipped all over the world. The elite have mega mansions and fly their planes across the world at the drop of a hat.

Bill gates wants to perform geoengineering to block the sun. This poses a much lager risk to our planet than global warming does.

Climate change is big money and they will continue to spew the propaganda as long as the elite gain more power and money from promoting it.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT