ADVERTISEMENT

Would Donald Trump Ever Be Convicted By a Jury in America?

Not sure about that.

I have faith there are patriotic Mericans that realize Turd isn't above the law.

Reactions: Torg
I think there's practically no chance of conviction, whatever the evidence. How do you avoid 1 or more jurors who would acquit no matter what? There aren't enough peremptory challenges.
This...

It's why this thing has to be made public and televised. People need to be able to form their own opinions as to the validity of the case.

It's almost a given at least one MAGA will find their way on any jury....

The Trump Org is Donald Trump and his family. What you are suggesting would happen with Trump would have also happened here IMO.
No it isn't. The Trump Org was found guilty. If Trump was the Trump Org, he'd be guilty. Donald Trump was not charged in that case, therefore, he isn't the Trump Org.

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
MAGAts are only 30% of the population and attorneys can reject potential jurors.

They'll find enough patriots. REAL patriots.

Also at least 12 of the 16 Grand Jurists already voted to indict him, so to say that there's no chance of a guilty verdict is wrong. It's also wrong to say that there isn't a chance that a Trumper could save his ass.

Reactions: sabula
Jury nullification is rare. There are people who lean one way or the other, but few who would ignore the evidence entirely no matter what it was.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
The jury pool questionaire is going to be the mother of all a questionaires. Both sides will have a teams of jury experts and private investigators. Each prospective juror called for voir dire will have undergone a background check which rivals the FBI background investigation which justices and high level appointees undergo .,... followed then by thorough questioning by the attorneys and the Court.

There is no full proof process to uncover and eliminate prejudices & biases but the process for this case will get as close as humanly possible.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
MAGAts are only 30% of the population and attorneys can reject potential jurors.

They'll find enough patriots. REAL patriots.
At some point you run out of challenges.

The defense will be trying to sniff out Trmp-hating liberals, too. But the defense can make 8 mistakes. You can't make even 1 mistake.

I think there's practically no chance of conviction, whatever the evidence. How do you avoid 1 or more jurors who would acquit no matter what? There aren't enough peremptory challenges.
If there is a chance Manhattan is the place for it to happen. No presidential Republican has gotten over 15% of the vote in that district since Lincoln.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
Absolutely he could be convicted. He was just indicted. He will give himself up next week. If the level of evidence against him is damning enough he is toast.

Reactions: Lindemann

The defense will be trying to sniff out Trmp-hating liberals, too. But the defense can make 8 mistakes. You can't make even 1 mistake.
I'm actually counting on Turd dying before it gets to court.

Fingers crossed.

You never run out of challenges for cause. The presiding judge will play an important role in the process.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Yes. It depends on the case, charges, and obviously what evidence there is. Also depends on where the trial is held and the makeup of the jury.

Let's also not forget the number of people who have an irrational hatred of Trump.

Bottom line: as prosecutors, you do your best. You get the best group and run through the trial, let the chips fall where they may.

Let's also not forget the number of people who have an irrational hatred of Trump.

Bottom line: as prosecutors, you do your best. You get the best group and run through the trial, let the chips fall where they may.
Just like Hunter Biden’s crack problem, or throwing a gun in a dumpster next to a school, or taking money from China or Ukraine? I’m all for prosecuting illegal activities.

I won’t rule out the possibility of a plea deal either. Especially with 3 other investigations looming that also seem realistic to think he could be indicted on at least one of them, if trump can make a plea and avoid jail time he might jump at it.

He doesn’t exactly have crack defense lawyers rushing to his defense team so idk if he can afford to split his attention.

If the evidence is overwhelming, the State can ask for a Directed Verdict before it is submitted to the jury. Extremely rare and unlikely

The amount of people focusing on Trump supporters getting on the jury here is laughable.

No issue with flaming liberals who hate Trump? They're fine on the jury, amirite?

Reactions: hawkedoff
Yes he could be convicted.. I'm curious though about the holdup on the Georgia case? If this turns out to be coordinated between these prosecutors on timing if indictments that is not ok. Pursue your case and prosecute it.

This nyc case by the way reeks of political bullshit and Trump likely walks. I think this prosecutor is an idiot and hasn't considered what happens when Trump walks out of court vindicated with a not guilty verdict. Or a mistrial.

I’ll laugh my ass off if he testifies. He is so dumb and an arrogant a$$ that he can’t help himself to the point he will probably piss off the jury and they will vote him guilty, just because. I know I would. And I’m a conservative that thought he’d be good for the country as a non political president but his bed side manner makes me want to see him go down in flames due to own ignorance. GD he is dumb and can’t keep his mouth shut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT