ADVERTISEMENT

Would Donald Trump Ever Be Convicted By a Jury in America?

This...

It's why this thing has to be made public and televised. People need to be able to form their own opinions as to the validity of the case.

It's almost a given at least one MAGA will find their way on any jury....
I tend to agree a Magat martyr will embed themselves on the jury. Teflon Don will then have his "proof" of the unfair witch hunt. Boo hoo sniffle sniffle.

Absolutely he could be convicted. He was just indicted. He will give himself up next week. If the level of evidence against him is damning enough he is toast.
Grand Juries don't require unanimity. At least not all do. Does anyone know about this particular GJ, and whether the vote was unanimous to convict?

If the vote was unanimous, that's a good sign.

I won’t rule out the possibility of a plea deal either. Especially with 3 other investigations looming that also seem realistic to think he could be indicted on at least one of them, if trump can make a plea and avoid jail time he might jump at it.

He doesn’t exactly have crack defense lawyers rushing to his defense team so idk if he can afford to split his attention.
That' a good thought, but it can't really be downgraded to a misdemeanor since that boat has sailed, and since the DA has already had to stretch the law to get a felony indictment. This will be incredibly fun to watch. I'm cheering for good timing, and a jail sentence during prime primary season.

are the hardcore trump supporters who would never vote to convict him capable/smart enough to hide their bias? I’m not so sure

Grand Juries don't require unanimity. At least not all do. Does anyone know about this particular GJ, and whether the vote was unanimous to convict?

If the vote was unanimous, that's a good sign.
I don't know the actual vote, but I heard a NY attorney say that it only took 12 of 24 on this GJ.

Keep in mind that prosecutors get to select the evidence presented to a GJ. Prosecutors can be very much like Joes Place, and cherry pick what they present and how they present it.

Reactions: SIXERS24
That' a good thought, but it can't really be downgraded to a misdemeanor since that boat has sailed, and since the DA has already had to stretch the law to get a felony indictment. This will be incredibly fun to watch. I'm cheering for good timing, and a jail sentence during prime primary season.

Until we see what the exact charges and a better idea of the evidence I’m not sure I can agree the DA had to stretch anything - the fact that there are reportedly 30? Charges on the indictment tells me there’s a lot more in there than we might have thought.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT